GFI Software

GFI Software CEO Walter Scott

Walter Scott

hard work

Channel Manager (Former Employee) London, England

Proshigh earning potential with great bonus and commission rewards.
    room for individual contribution and growth.

Conshigh pressure, long hours with not very realistic targets

Advice to Senior Managementensure employee morale through better communication and realistic targets

Great place to work, Great people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsYou work hard, but are well rewarded. Success is celebrated, and the company works hard to train up and support skills gaps.
    Great office location in Edinburgh.
    Free softdrinks
    Foosball table!

ConsHard work, and rapid change, but for me that just keeps it interesting.
    Not much else to say, they constantly work to address any issues/problems as they arise.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, keep communicating.

Brilliant place for people who are proactive and can take accountability

ProsExciting environment with lots of opportunities
    Training is provided in technical as well as "commercial skills"
    Management is prepared to listen and react - especially the CEO

ConsChanges can come quickly and be hard to understand without asking questions.
    Flexibility is key and this can imping on personal life sometimes, although they do give due account for people who go over and above.

Advice to Senior ManagementExplain better to the whole organisation the strategy and culture that you are trying to build.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't Know What the Other Reviews Are On About

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dundee, Scotland

ProsExcellent working conditions
    Good Benefits
    Great People

ConsDon't have anything bad to say I enjoy my job, I work hard. If I do a good job I get recognised for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Cool place to work - have no plans on leaving this company any time soon.

PPC Specialist (Current Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsManagement actually know about the product and industry. I work in a very open and honest environment and colleagues are really good fun. It is hard work but good fun !

ConsNone really. I genuinly have nothing negative to say about working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing please and dont change to much ! Keep listening to your customers and employees.

Be loved by management and you will do well

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsProducts are good but seem to decrease in quality after every release.
    Benefits

ConsNo career management
    No support from management
    No praise for good work

Poorly managed, lack of direction

Marketing, Sales (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good. A lot of good people. Not the worst managed company I've been with.

ConsA collection of businesses. Not focused. A CEO with a very foul mouth. There are good people, but there are mediocre executives in senior management who never seem to be held accountable.

Love and befriend the management and you will succeed!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Ġwann (Malta)

ProsThis is a good place to learn....but it stops there. No good salaries no possibilities for your career.

ConsIt is not how capable you are, it is not how much knowledge you have it is not how dedicated your are! The only important thing is to have personal friends from the management side. At the start of this year (2014) an employee survey was performed. The results were so bad that the results were not even published.

Advice to Senior ManagementPack your things and get out! You have ruined GFI Software. You are not capable and there are no good reasons for you to remain at the helm of the company. You are light years distant from reality. One day it will bite back and all will be lost.

Tons of opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL (US)

ProsGreat people, well known and respected products. Big enough to have a lot of opportunities, but not so big that it's a heavily structured, corporate environment.

ConsIf you need a lot of hand-holding and/or like to do the same exact things every day, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage people to seize opportunities for development and share the vision for where the company is going.

Freedom to be creative!

Manager Engineering (Current Employee) Boulder, CO (US)

ProsThe empower their employees. Everyone is involved in a truly collaborative process. I am very happy here! About to IPO any day now!

ConsNothing yet, will update later if something comes up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Job!

Worked for GFI Software? Contribute to the Community!