GTM Sportswear

Updated Jun 04, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Dreiling

Enjoyed my customers, the product line was fun to promote,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun product, great customers, industry is ever changing and evolving.

ConsCompany needs to seriously consider where it wants to spend its time and money. The expansion in the outside sales force was much too rapid and too many reps were added. The additional revenue expectations for those territories is way out of reach.

It isn't for everyone, but 25 years and almost 1000 employees doesn't happen by accident.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Manhattan, KS (US)

ProsFast paced and fun environment for people that are fast paced and fun. Free medical clinic for employees, and spouses and children. Employee scholarship program. Awesome medical coverage, 401k matching, paid vacation. Employee emergency assistance fund. I work with great friends.

ConsManagement had growing pains, made some wrong moves with good intentions regarding personnel and inventory that were magnified by the recession and changes in the market. Entry level positions have entry level pay, but some people don't include the cost of their benefits. High turnover rate of external executives and sales reps has been an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementWelcome back Dave!

Great Company to work for, Runs like a mom and pop business

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Manhattan, KS (US)

ProsWork from home.. they provide an entire home office, freedom to make your own hours, GAS CARD, 500 car allowance, ipad.

ConsLack of organization with the outside sales program, no structure, consistently changing the processes. seems like they were trying to figure out what to do with all of the outside reps and were overwhelmed, meanwhile they have 50 outside reps trying to figure things out on there own

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't Hire outside reps until a legit program is established

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely Horrible Employer!

This and That (Former Employee) Manhattan, KS (US)

ProsThey are always hiring if you are an the absolute end of your rope and desperate.

Consunhealthy work environment, scatter-brained leadership, insane turn-over, vague company goals, compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing ground because you see no value in your employees. Pay a reasonable wage, recognize people for good work and encourage them. You cannot grow if your entire workforce turns over every year or so. Your HR department is probably the hardest working department in the company and it's still twice the size of what it could be. Look at all the time and money that goes into training a new employee:

1. The department loses productivity when someone leaves
    2. The trainer loses productivity while their focus shifts to training the new employee
    3. The new employee will likely quit or get fired 6 months later anyway because while all of this is going on, the VPs are constantly showing graphs and numbers threatening people to do better for the sake of the company and their jobs.
    4. The new employee is now training even newer employees with their incomplete knowledge of their own job responsibilities.

This is the cycle. This is the problem. You are mismanaged and lost.

Also, according to volunteered information from employees, in a few cases, your executives make 6 times more than their direct subordinates, but the company is failing because of production, support and sales?

What have you done for me lately?

Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Manhattan, KS (US)

ProsOpen creative platform, risk taking

ConsNo employee loyalty, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider from where you came from and how you got to where you are now.

Awful organization if you want to succeed in outside sales

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIPad, Cell Phone, Laptop which is what you get with most outside sales jobs

ConsManagement Sucks
    No Sense of Direction
    Unattainable goals
    No market research or reasoning behind sales goals and zip codes

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who didn't go to K-State and had more experience than just working for this company.

They are very up beat, have an excellent working environment.

ProsThey are helpful, they are understanding, they are very personable, and are always willing to help you with anything.

ConsIt is a very intense environment and gets a little much when you sit in cubicles all day.

brutal

TSR (Former Employee)

Proscoworkers are nice and fun to be around, however everyone who is talented is looking for other opportunities

Consleadership, inexperienced management, micromanagement, unprofessional, uneducated people

Advice to Senior Managementrecruit people with experience and professionalism. this company will be bought in the next year and hopefully have some potential.

Company, Leadership and. Management - Unbelievably HORRIBLE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat industry; fun. Ability to cultivate relationships that are long lasting.

ConsOverall mission of the company sounds great but it's ALL smoke and mirrors. Really confused in leadership with extremely low long term retention. Awful place to work with even worse management and direction. Owner has too many irons in the fire and can't see the forrest for the trees. Sad!!!! RUN super fast if recruited or approached by this company!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together!!!!!

Fast Paced!!!

Logistics (Former Employee) Manhattan, KS (US)

ProsLearned the importance of a fast pace environment. Good place to begin the importance of attention to detail in a growing company.

ConsAlthough the salary is not much, the staff is willing to help you and let you work extra hours.

Worked for GTM Sportswear? Contribute to the Community!