Garda World Security

1.8

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier
Stéphan D. Crétier

Disconnected

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Cant think of any. Its a tough place to work. Its really behind the times on so many levels.

Cons

The company does not invest into its people. Hence, lack talent to move business forward. Medical plans have outrages family out of pockets expense. There is no 401-k match in any capacity. Hard to hire talent as wages are not in line with the industry.

You need to invest into your people and the resources its takes to grow the business. Upgrade the fleet. Outside of California the fleet is a mess. Find a direction and move forward. Stop all the freezes on hiring and then wonder why service is awful.

Like Fedex with a Gun

Current Employee - Armed Driver/Guard  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Armed Driver/Guard in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

Getting an unlivable wadge paid to you bi-weekly.
    On the rare occasion working with good crew-member.
    Looking cool and caring a weapon.

Cons

In all reality we guards are glorified Fedex Drivers with Guns; yet, unlike Fedex we don't make overtime, a decent wadge, have union representation, good PTO or vacation options, or fair work place practices.

Looking cool and caring a weapon means little when you realize that no one looks good in a coffin.

Keep in mind bad people kill each other for less than 200$, and we carry excessively more then that amount. With no back up, no paramilitary tactical training, and odds never in our favor. To laminate the idiocy at Garda and surrounding the cash-in-transit industry... They did away with allowing crews to use shotguns and have three members in each vehicle. Why? to save money on insurance, labor, and training; thus, proving they care little about security or safety of their staff and more about money money money.

What can you expect when leadership has no military or law enforcement experience. Or if there are middle managers with that experience I am sure they are ignored, until they start talking about how to line the companies bank account. Expect this to be the norm, because the managers and owners are ex-bankers... the same ones who failed on wall-street and got bailed out with our tax money.

Again, unfair pay and disgusting pay raises. No increase in pay based on experience or merit. Mafia styled leadership and management. Rules and Polices that are all smoke and mirror tactics or lip service. And false speeches given on promotion and company growth that are more comparable to propaganda speeches and news letters given by Hitlers Administration. Very very asinine company orientation and training which is barely existent at all. Its pretty much through the new guy at anyone who will take him, and hope he catches on... which the company should be ashamed of but is not.

I compared your company to Nazi Germany for a reason.

You can't keep lying to us. Telling us the company can't afford pay raises, benefits or good training. Especially when your CEO's compare us to Fedex and UPs, and post profits that are similar. Eventually you are going to have to change either threw your choosing or by being arm bared from a labor movement.

As it is be aware... I personally hold you responsible for anyone in Garda who losses their life, because of your neglect business practices, training, and lacking paramilitary mindset.

Great Company

Current Employee - Security Supervisor
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor

Pros

Always been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

Cons

It's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Garda's Corporate Elite live in a utopia mindset that doesn't acknowledge the evils it creates daily.

Current Employee - Armored Guard/Driver  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Armored Guard/Driver in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Pros

Its a job of indentured servitude so there really are none.
    They work with schedules when management feels like it.

Cons

Indentured servitude styled pay; thus, it is easy to come to the conclusion the pay is obnoxiously poor.
    Corporation acts like Russian Royalty during the Great Depression... O poor Garda Drivers/Guards your dying and starving? ----To Bad.

Really nothing else needs to be said. That total depicts how Garda operates.

You all need to get fired and work with us "guard/dirvers,' for at lest two years; hopefully losing your lavish lifestyles in the process, and seeing what the typical American is going threw today.

Just to have a real idea of how bad your company is, and how bad this Nations economy is.

Like shooting yourself in the foot

Current Employee - Driver/Guard
    Current Employee - Driver/Guard

Pros

There are no positives that are the primary result of working at Garda. You only get the secondary positives which come from being employed, nothing else.

Cons

Trucks
    Pay pay pay pay pay pay
    Benifits
    Horrible manager
    Lacking leadership
    Broke down equipment
    Risk of Death or Sever Injury- with pay that doesn't associate with that risk
    Training: it has more to do with allowing the company to fire you, while denying you an unemployment claim, and has absolutely nothing to do with reducing risks associated with the job. Or giving you great skill sets you could use in future employment
    Garda policies- smoke and mirror tactics
    Garda values and philosophies- nothing but lip service
    Garda as a career move with possible promotions past supervisor/branch manager- propaganda

Most vertical promotion possibilities to supervisor or branch manager exist not because of growth but rather atrocious turnover.

Did I mention Garda has a dizzying turnover rate top to bottom

Most people leave this company in a year or less and those who stay longer are not valued or payed more for their experience.

Management I know you don't care....

my advice goes to those thinking of working at Garda. Do not waste your time or risk your life. This is not a worthy or thankful company, and to Garda you are nothing more than a number printed on a white page.

Go back to school, get a trade certificate, heck get a job anywhere else... just don't become the name in the newspaper associated with yet another Armored Car robbery that resulted in another dead Garda employee.

Garda Wold... More like Garbage World

Pros

Its a place you can punch your time card at just don't have any high expectations in return.
    Company proves to me and others that the idea of globalization is nothing that restores value to the "little guy.'

Cons

Considering we transport something EVERYONE wants more of (money), and we have to carry a weapon, the pay is extremely low. I've been told that before Garda bought the company my brach use to be, a lot more money was made. Garda took over and changed the pay system and took a lot of money away from employees.

Branch management are just puppets. They have no control over anything. They often get blown off by HR and accounts payable.

This one seems very popular in other reviews... Run down trucks. Agreed!! The company has horrible fleet management. Out trucks are topping 500,000 miles and break down a lot. A/C, worn tires that finally blow, and electronic issues are just the tip of the iceberg. Trucks are rusting and there is no preventative maintenance what so ever.

Employees that should be fired are not. The company has a hiring freeze and just laid off the newest hire from each branch. Instead of asking local managers who they feel should lose their job, they just picked the new hire. The local management won't request a termination to HR because most branches are working at a minimum capacity of employees. So the customers and other employees on the route suffer because of an unprofessional employee.

Garda tried to get too big too fast. They didn't build a reputation in the armored car business like Brinks. Instead they went around and bought up a lot of failing or smaller companies and took over their business. They bought their way in. And now their operating cost is more that their income.

They recently hired an investment company to help fund the massive wound that is bleeding money. They also have begun a "rebranding". Now it's Garda World.

Disloyal coworkers. Some coworkers will purposely make your day harder for lots of reasons... They want to milk the clock, so your day is longer than it needs to be. They are rude to the same customers your not rude too. Now you have to do damage control. This list can go on and on...

Morale is very low. So low that it was hard to go to work everyday.

No career growth. No support by the company to make yourself better and a more valuable employee. It's a job, not a career.

Implement a better fleet system. Trucks with 500,000 miles is not safe.

Raise the base pay.

Make the work environment more employee friendly. Make it so employees want to work there!!!

Discipline unprofessional employees.

Horrible Hours, Horrible Risks, No Rewards

Former Employee - Messenger/Driver
    Former Employee - Messenger/Driver

Pros

Absolutely nothing positive to say.

Cons

No Overtime, took 4 months to get a reimbursement. No work/home life balance. They do NOT maintain the trucks, half the doors don't shut properly, the air doesn't work most of the time, and you can plan to break down and be stuck on the side of the road with millions at least twice a week. Unhappy? Talk to your manager. He will make you feel better for about 5 minutes and then act like you never had a conversation. Safety is the last thing in their mind. There is no accountability for people who constantly call out or don't show up. But why would you want to come to work when you risk your life for $12/hour with no ballistics vest, non locking doors, and no back up plan for breakdowns? Those people that DO go to work get punished for those who don't, by getting 15-20+ stops added to the already 50-60 they were scheduled for. 14-16 hours days are the norm. Turnover of employees is the highest I have ever seen, and I am part of that turnover after how I was treated in the short time I worked there.

Maintain your trucks, don't abuse your employees and realize that when it comes to keeping employees, you may want to put their lives as a priority over money. If you did that, maybe they would take pride in what they do and care more about protecting YOUR assets.

Re-branding hasn't changed employees or public negative perceptions on this company!

Pros

When realize you don't care anymore and you act def to corporate, poor co workers, angry customers, and barking middle management it inst to bad.
    Its money if your starving

Cons

Again the pay currently is extremely low.

Before Garda used to exist the company that owned us payed us well. Once Garda stepped in they changed the pay scale and took many things away from their workers.

Branch management are just pawns who over time care less and less about anything.

Run down trucks. The company poorly manages or neglects vehicle repairs. Trucks are topping 300,000-600,000 miles and it is common for them to break down a lot. They have non functional AC/Heat, seats were springs go threw fabric to stab your rear end, rusty whole in our supposed "Armored Vehicles," which you put your hands threw, balding or bald tires which explode, and my favorite non-functioning exhaust systems to ensure you are deaf at the end of the day.

Employees that should be fired are not. And the company struggles to maintain good customer service due to staffing shortages caused from the revolving door virus which comes around every three months here. So the customers and other employees on the route suffer.

Garda tried to get too big too fast. They didn't build a reputation in the armored car business like Brinks. Not that Brinks is anything to brag about because it is just as unappreciative of its staff. Instead they went around and bought up a lot of failing or smaller companies and took over their business. They bought their way in. And now their operating cost is more that their income, so there solution is to cut fat at the staffing level and by shorting people on what they should be getting paid.

They recently hired an investment company to help try to slow their demise, and one of their wonderful solutions was to re-brand. So drivers and guards of the future welcome to Garda World! The same fun and amazing place that Garda used to be, but now with more BS, propaganda, and misguided future plans associated with it then it ever had before.

May co workers at our company are Pimps of TIme. They don't make enough income so they figure if they can add 3 hours to the clock it will make up for it, so your day is longer than it needs to be. Many co-workers are rude to the customers and guess who gets to deal with their complaints when the routes are changed"? You.

Morale is very low. So low imagine how sweat shop staffers feel... that is exactly the environment you will experience.

Calling Garda World a career should be a corporate crime with a given punishment of life in prison.

Terminate owner, consultant company, and bring back old managers from AT Armored they knew how to run this business.
    Fire unprofessional at all levels
    Stop being scummies and raise base pay to 13$ with a cap at 16$ so what if the work is simple. Its friggen dangerous you silly corporate people need to realize that.
    Stop allowing employees to Pimp Time and reward those who are on time

No leadership

Current Employee - Pre-Board Screening Officer  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Pre-Board Screening Officer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Pros

The only real pro is coworkers. Pay and benefits are purely the result of union efforts.

Cons

General Manager is unqualified ( was a bartender), Check Point Managers invent policies while ignoring labour code and the CBA, so-called quality leads are unfamiliar with CATSA sop changes and are highly confrontational, employer changes schedules without telling staff, health and safety concerns are ignored. CATSA would do well to cancel current agreements with Garda.

Come interview screeners WITHOUT the local senior mangers present to get honest answers as the local mangers use fear and intimidation to suppress truth.

I would rather drink sewage than work here again

Pros

There are no, none, zero

Wait... Free toilet paper in washrooms but not always. Broken water fountains that give nothing in the break room. Facilities so old you might be able to get away with an Asbestos law suit claim naming Garda as the plaintiff.

Cons

They will lye to you about how broke the company is. They are not. What is going on is that the top Executives are vampiring the company dry. Once they have made their millions/billions at our expense they will sell the company to a competitor who will more than likely cut our staffing in half to update our dysfunctional and lacking reaming facilities and equipment.

The proof is in the pudding. Executives care more about profits and shareholders than improving the company for any future goals. Trucks and facilities are on their last legs. Held together by duck tape and hangers.

Do not dye or get killed while at work because I hear that they refuse to cover medical expenses or funeral costs.

Have fun working 10-15 hour days multiple times in a row. Due to a multitude of silliness the major one being low staffing levels, because the horrible moral and pay leads most to leave the company or get fire quickly because of asinine company policies.

I could write a book, simply put... run away from this company, this industry, and such ignorant thinking. This company is sinking

I know why you managers up top never come running around any of our facilities. Its because you know you are unanimously disliked at all sites, that all of us want change from you, and you don't have the feet to fill the shoes or simply lack the compassion to care about our continual economic molestation from you.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!