Gartner

Gartner Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall

Gene Hall

Pros
  • Pooled vacation / sick day allowance which allows for great work-life balance(in 40 reviews)

• Gartner employs a lot of smart people which make it an exceptional environment to learn and grow(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work(in 16 reviews)

• Most promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class(in 16 reviews)

Client Partner

Client Partner (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat company! Very positive culture and work environment. Extremely professional and welcoming. Management is very accessible and really takes care of associates, there is a lot of emphasis on professional and personal development. Extremely respectful of work/life balance, ideal company is you have a family and you are ready to challenge yourself and learn every day something new.

ConsData driven company. Hit your quota is essential for career progression and to maintain your role. Metrics really count. Numbers count more than words.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo on like this, you are extremity helpful and supportive.

Great products, great people.

Corporate Function (Former Employee) London, England

ProsHigh calibre people, everywhere! Super products and an excellent brand.

ConsCan be political, especially in corporate functions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccept international operations will not be identical to US.

Great company to work for

ProsThe people at Gartner are very clever, interesting and mostly fun. The high achievement culture means that retaining and attracting the best is a given.

ConsMost promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class. There is no place for failure here and memories can be short.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing first 2 years. Recently become a factory with high churn

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Egham, England

ProsGreat opp to earn. Fantastic delivery. Amazing brand. Brains everywhere.

ConsMetrics and process. And they very short memories of how great you can be

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax

People leave managers not companies

Senior Account Executive - UK Major Accounts (Former Employee) Egham, England

ProsGreat people, some of the top brains, great opportunity to earn a great brand.

ConsVery Very high Churn. Very Metric and process driven. Micro Managemnet, very short memories and its all more, more and more revenue from clients. CIO's are wise and are starting to see throught the hype and are seeing the price hikes for what they really are!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople leave managers not companies - The difference between team leaders & managers should not be underestimated. Great people at Gartner but not so with some of the managers!

This isn't the easiest job in the world

Research Vice President (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIn Research, we are challenged every day to identify leading practices, give practical advice, and look beyond the obvious. It's fun to work with clients of all types and engage in research methodologies that help us gain clarity to what we see in the market place.

ConsThere's no standing on your laurels here. Every year is a push forward to be better, and faster. The speed of change is relentless. If you can't take on board change to make improvements in your work, this isn't the place for you.

Rewarding

Prosgood insight into a global company
    Employees were friendly
    Pay was good

ConsSometimes the workload was more than I could handle

Too much focus on metrics

Client Partner (Current Employee) Egham, England

Proswork life balance
    good mid-level manager
    young and vibrate atmosphere

Conslow salaries
    micro management
    no real career path
    to much focus on metric and less on real value
    all decision are taken be senior managers/CEO - even VP doesnt have power to take decision

Advice to Senior Managementless focus om metrics
    encourage the talented
    start to retain good employees
    better comp plan

Management
    Process
    People
    Long hours of work

Good opportunities... if you befriend the right people

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Egham, England

ProsBest in class, great name to work for, great learning opportunities
    Young environment
    Good pay, if you hit your numbers or better
    You can learn quite a bit if you listen in to analyst calls with clients

ConsPolitical environment even though they claim not to.
    Becoming more and more just about the numbers and Wall Street

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees too, not only WS

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!