General Dynamics

General Dynamics Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

General Dynamics CEO Phebe N. Novakovic

Phebe N. Novakovic

Pros
  • benefits, training, responsibility, great people to work with; team-oriented(in 9 reviews)

• The pay and benefits were incredible(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and upper management are completely unaware of the male supervisors flirting with the female CSRs(in 10 reviews)

• There are a couple big time asses that somehow manage to stay in middle management despite their incredible ineptitude and lack of people skills(in 6 reviews)

An excellent working environment

Systems Engineering Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery professional and strong team culture

ConsCoherence across business to be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep diversifying

Steady Company

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Molesworth, England

ProsHigh Level Mgmt is very ethical, as well as HR
    Opportunities
    Your work affects millions of lives positively
    Great international salary overseas

ConsLots of micromanagement
    Bad local managers, even customers mad at gd mgrs

Advice to Senior Managementbe kind to your employees - they're humans, not slaves

Well run but lacks team atmosphere

Anonymous (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA (US)

ProsThe corporate office is filled with people that are experts in their fields. It makes it a great place to work to get things done right. The hours are manageable. The office is superb and there's a good onsite cafe.

ConsCan be very political at times. Some of the Sr Management doesn't feel it needs to mix with staff. Very little if any team environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice more "Management By Walking Around"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Identity Management (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA (US)

ProsI worked for the best boss I have ever had. The guy was a leader not a boss. Great ethics. People I worked with were very knowledgable and helpful.

ConsLots of confusion in the ranks as the company, in West Des Moines, was going through 2 purchases.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up your compensation package. Your technical people are underpaid.

General Dynamics Customer Service Representative I

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Winchester, KY (US)

ProsGood beneftis, great people to work with, great atmosphere, opportunity for advancement...eventually. Really helping people from all over the US.

ConsComputer problems made it very frustrating at times. Low starting pay with no raises for a long period of time. Very strict attendance policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer incentives for performance and attendance. You do a great job of creating a good atmosphere but morale suffers when there is nothing to work for (bonuses, raises).

Very good company to work for while they were the prime on contract.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsVery supportive management. Intelligent team of software engineers to work with.

ConsFair compensation given market conditions, nothing extraordinary.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for training and advancement. More individualized job performance plans.

G D was a great place to work.

Submarines (Former Employee) Goose Creek, SC (US)

ProsG D WAS A PROFIT SHARING COMPANY.

ConsYou had to be a safe working welder.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit is a great tool

Demanding but rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA (US)

ProsThe work environment is stimulating because you work with a lot of very sharp and hard-working people. This keeps you on your toes and makes you improve. You will work hard and you can learn a lot here. Elegant work surroundings and good compensation & benefits.

ConsThe culture is old-fashioned when it comes to things like work-life balance & flexible work hours. Business dress (suits) is required all the time. HQ is lean so there are few opportunities for growth or promotion. Some people feel that getting ahead depends more on politics than on capability.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more openly to employees.

general dynamics

ProsMade about 10 grand in 3 months overtime was great

ConsCompany laid everyone off as

Too much work too little time and people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO (US)

ProsIt was decent pay and a clean office.

ConsExpect too much while providing too little manpower and resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees time and be aware of the demands you are making to your subordinates.

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!