Genuine Parts

Glad Its Over

P W R (Former Employee)
Coppell, TX (US)

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent pay. 40 Hour week.You can hook up with some good friends. Not much else.

ConsUse to be for the employees,now just for them. Their traning leaves something to be desired.They train a few hours,then your ouwn your own. When you retire certain people get acknowledged .I did not. Only 1 person called me to say happyretirement,while others received gift cards. My feelings were hurt to no end! Will not go to NAPA ever .

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with your employees. We hear things from the rumor mill that is not addressed.

Excellent Company with great benefits

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay and benefits--excellent safe company to work for

ConsNot a lot of upward movement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company! Thanks for all you do!

Excellent employer

District Manager (Current Employee)
Harrisburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits. Good company. Excellent senior management.

ConsBelow market salary compared to others and when compared to district manager positions in like kind companies

Don't you know that People are your most valuable asset!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time

ProsStable company with strong NAPA name recognition.

ConsWeak incompetent management at all levels. Very unethical and disrespectful to their employees. The 'good ole boy' culture is alive and well; even with a female CIO who has not been able to deliver as promised. Employee morale is low and turnover is high because the same incompetent, inexperienced, and uneducated people continue to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to open their eyes and stop the lies. You know your flagship development product is the Titanic!

Horrible

I have been working at Genuine Parts

ProsThe bi-weekly pay structure was nice because it allowed you to save money, versis blowing it on nothing.

ConsThe upper Management would not provide feedback frequent enough and would blow up on you for nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep you game up boys.

Employees are treated extremely well.

Computer Operator (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay. Longevity. Security. Great supervisors. My experience here has been great. The health insurance is good. What makes this particular position really amazing is the people you work with. Most of the employees have been working with the company for more than 20 years, which says a lot about the company.

ConsThe site itself is not a good building. The building was built in the early 80's and shows it. They do take good care of the place but without a budget for upgrading the facilities there is not much they can do.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to upgrade the facilities as you get the budget.

Decent Pay, but company as a whole is old school

Catalog Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCalm work environment and open communication

ConsUpper management not involved in all aspects of business

I Have Nightmares That I Still Work There

Purchasing Agent (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL (US)

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYour nine bosses typically stay out of your way and are too timid to communicate vital updates or resolve personnel issues. This allows one to surf the internet, relax on IM with friends, or read e-books all day. Another pro was getting to meet so many people. The turnover in my dept. was so high that many were surprised I stayed through lunch my first day. Lastly, the job was so redundant and simple that an idiot could do it - and that's exactly who you'll be surrounded by in your department.

ConsThe largest con was the dread I faced every morning knowing that I'd have to endure one more day of the mundane at a laughably bad salary. I still have recurring nightmares, you know the one's where they seem "real," where I still work there and wake up in a panic. I will likely face these nightmares the rest of my life. There were so many rules. Employees would be "disciplined" for leaving their desks too often. Lastly, the company uses outdated methodology, procedures, and technology, and flat out pretends revitalization or progressive thought exists.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize how low you pay compared to the industry averages. Please realize that your employees want to give more but will not if there is not a willingness to challenge those employees or offer them more than the hopes of a free turkey at Thanksgiving.

Great place for the timid and unambitious

I have been working at Genuine Parts

Pros- Financially stable
- Never a difficulty scheduling time off
- Compensation and incentives are fair, clearly defined
- Difficult to get fired

Cons- Status quo reigns supreme. Business model is a dinosaur attempting to stave off extinction with band-aids. creativity is always treated with hostility.

- Promotions, when available, are rarely posted and always given on social standing before credentials

- Management exists to defend management at all cost. HR bureaucracy exists to blame the victim and sweep management's serious violations under the rug. If it isn't criminal, the company doesn't care.

- No accountability at the district level at all. "Atlanta" (HQ) is always the scapegoat

- Compensation package, while mostly fair, has been severely pruned in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementModernize. Recruit from outside the organization. Take employee complaints seriously.

An unethical, disrespectful, and unrewarding work environment!!

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Genuine Parts

Pros- Stable company
- Good benefits
- Great location

Cons- Good ole boy culture is very much alive
- No career advancement opportunities
- Incompetent people are promoted / hired
- Unethical and dishonest management
- Little to no accountability
- Employees are disrespected and not valued
- Unstructured and chaotic work place

Advice to Senior Management- Listen to and value the employees with years of experience at the company.
- Stop doing the perfunctory employee surveys without taking genuine action.
- Provide the employees monetary rewards when record sales quotas are exceeded instead of the barbeque & pasta lunches.

Worked for Genuine Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genuine Parts reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Genuine Parts CEO Tom Gallagher. All 27 reviews are posted anonymously by Genuine Parts employees.