Glue London

Penny Herriman

Super talented people

Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Glue London full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFantastic people when I was there - friends for life.

ConsCompany is changing now it's been bought out by isobar

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out what kind of agency you are now.

Very active social life, but totally unorganised as a company

Project Manager (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Glue London full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was really fun in regards to the social life; lots of very messy drinks and made loads of friends

You don't have to work that hard - if you're not stupid, the work is relatively simple

Some really nice people

ConsManagement is ridiculous - a whole new team have been shipped in from AKQA which would be great, but Glue doesn't have AKQA's infrastructure - its not working

No real strategic direction - a lot of the work felt like it was being done just to be done. Not innovative.

If you are sharp mentally - Glue may be frustrating for you. Harsh truth is that you could count the number of great minds on two hands....

Noncompetitive salary

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave. Failing that - listen to your staff but ACTUALLY listen. Its no secret that there is at least one leaving party a week. That is not a coincidence. Stop with the high profile, expensive hires and concentrate on investing in the staff you have already.

horrific

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Glue London full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can clock out at 5.30 and go home at 4 on a friday. They have inherited some big brands (yet they aren't adventurous brands)

ConsThe agency seems to think they are creative, produce good work, and intelligent. All together this couldn't be further from the truth. Almost no one at Glue understands the process from brief through to delivery, so you get groups of people running around aimlessly and frantically. The creative department are terrible, with no idea of what can be delivered digitally. The morale is through the floor. New senior management have taken a sinking ship, and added a few rocks in there for fun - it is a disaster. I am more than happy to have departed Glue.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere to start? No one on the new exec team has made a positive impact on the agency - people on the ground do not respect you. Look at the level of quality of your staff and be ashamed - do something about it.

Great people to work with

Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Glue London

ProsThe people are all very enthithiastic and bubbly, A good list of clients and the team building days and nights out.

Consmainly flash banners
Not as creative as I would have liked
Ended up going out socially too much

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team more and take in their ideas

Small and Mighty

Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at Glue London

ProsThe people and the work. It's a friendly place full of enthusiastic employees

Consit's a small shop without some of the luxuries of big places. Also budgets aren't as massive as some people will be used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. You've got something special going. Keep your foot on the accelerator.

Disappointing - Working with amatuers

Consultant Perhaps ? (Former Employee)

ProsLack of challenging work
Poor treatment of external consultants - dump them in and chew them out if they don't measure up, despite the work being poorly scoped

ConsLack of challenging work - you are treated like a third rate, expendable employee
Very poor treatment of external consultants - dump them in and chew them out if they don't measure up, despite the work being poorly scoped. Done to repeated consultants who come in externally. Very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organised in managing your client engagements so you don't mess around your external partners - makes you look like amateurs.

Worked for Glue London? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Glue London reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Glue London CEO Penny Herriman. All 6 reviews are posted anonymously by Glue London employees.