GoDaddy Reviews

Updated 13 September 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

One of the BEST places I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wake up every morning energized to come to work at GoDaddy - I feel like I have the BEST job in the world because of the way my manager makes me feel. I am empowered, supported, and given the tools and development I need to succeed and given the freedom to make mistakes (although I try to avoid them when I can!). I learn from everything and I am given the latitude to try new things. I love working at GoDaddy because of the challenging work and the PEOPLE. Our culture here is fun and the people are like family to me. I am always learning and constantly growing because of our amazing culture and the people here are supportive, fun, and intelligent. I am ALL IN because of the amazing culture, the opportunities to learn and grow, and because of the people. Great job opportunities. The culture and values at GoDaddy are positive and inspiring - we're here to make an impact and I feel a sense of pride.

Cons

We are still building our internal infrastructure - so we're scrappy - kind of like a start-up at scale. It's cool because you can make an impact and not feel like a COG in a wheel at a bigger tech company. GoDaddy still has a smaller-start-up feel - which I love.

Continue to listen to employees and focus on creating an employee-first culture. I love it here and hope that we continue to live our values and share our awesome culture with the world.

...:::BEST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED 2 years now:::...

Current Employee - Billing Representative  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Billing Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Six Figure income as a billing rep! Amazing benefits, spiffs and contests/prizes. Great bosses. Casual dress code. This is a once in a lifetime place to work...that's how good it is!

Cons

Just waiting to move into our new building.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Good experience despite being in their inaugural internship program

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Sunnyvale office is awesome - free catered lunch, snacks and drinks for days!
    Opportunity for leadership even as an intern, and free trips to the company headquarters in Arizona to meet/hear from company execs
    Flexible team, ability to work from home, and choose your own projects/tasks

Cons

The team was a bit new to interns and what we were capable of, and it took a while (half of my internship) to really find tasks that were most appropiate to me.
    Development cycles at least in my team were fast but a bit too heavy on the planning.
    Spotty integration with the engineers themselves

Take more initiative in fleshing out what an internship should look like before the intern arrives (what type of problems they should have, what sort of projects are appropriate, a timeline of tasks/bugs to get familiar with the code base). Whether the internship is well suited for a potential intern is his/her decision to make - but an undefined internship will leave too many open ends that end up not helping either side.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing place to work for people looking for a long term position you can grow into.

Cons

Upper management is very cliquey

Excellent for the right person!

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support  in  Hiawatha, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

GoDaddy has a lot of amazing and competitive benefits. Number one, they pay for your health care! What company honestly does that? Hardly no one. Vacation, commission, PTO, and so one. Also they have great opportunities to move up in the company, even within your first 6 months! Plus, they know how to really throw an amazing holiday party!

Cons

If you don't like a work environment that has you sitting in front of computer, on the phone and inside a cubicle for 40 hours a week, this job isn't for you! Also, if you are someone who doesn't like jumping through security hoops and has a hard time dealing with difficult customers, don't even think about it.

Make sure if an employee needs help and has been assigned a coach, make sure that coach is worth while and attentive. The company invests a lot into each employee and when one doesn't get the help they are promised, it is hard to do the job correctly.

The Best Job

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Hiawatha, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits, environment for growth, Management is always looking for ways to help us grow and improve

Cons

additional in depth training would help.

Best company I have ever worked for bar none.

Current Employee - Customer Development Team  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fresh to the company there is as much training in whatever discipline you chose after 90 days.

Cons

Sometime customers are unclear as to our level of support and they don't realize we want to provide them with the highest level of support possible.

Good Pay & Benefits

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay starts at $15 per hour (not many can compete with that) The benefits are fully paid from day one. Usually a few shifts to choose from. Great holiday party. People are pretty great. Good vibes.

Cons

Everyone works 1 weekend day, but that's common with most companies. Call center so it's back to back calls. Gets draining after a while. Not a fan of being a sales rep & tech support. those should be separate in my opinion. Training is okay. They teach you a little bit about the products. Hated the hosting calls. Nothing like that was taught in training. You kind of have to learn as you go.

Stressful job!

Former Employee - Sales and Support  in  Hiawatha, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

They take good care of their employees. Great benefits, awesome employee parties, good pay, and they do lots of fun stuff.

Cons

Everything is sales driven. I hated that people would call in with technical issues, and we were still required to try to sell to them. They are super strict with their attendance policy. God forbid you clock in one minute late or get sick.

very corporate

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

co workers are tight nit

Cons

low salaries, hard to advance, lay offs too frequent

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!