GoDaddy Reviews

Updated 30 September 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 29 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A legit IT employer in the Valley of the Sun

Former Employee - Windows Administrative  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Windows Administrative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy for more than 5 years

Pros

When I left, there was never any outsourcing and buy vs build was an honest question. Benefits were stellar and the staff was full of smart people. Probably one of the best IT shops in Arizona.

Cons

Sold to investors, quality of work started to go down hill to support cost cutting to improve balance sheets for IPO. Work/life balance was talked about but not always supported. Telecommuting was generally frowned upon. Also there are never enough parking spots.

Bring Bob back.

This is a company that truly invests in it's employees. The return on investment is quality employees

Current Employee - Customer Development Team  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity for advancement is limitless as long as you are ambitious. After 90 days, you can shadow other departments and apply for what you want.

Cons

This is a 24 hour operation, so some employees end up working holidays if there aren't enough volunteers.

Continue to request the feedback of the agents, so the company can continue grow and become more refined.

Sales

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Cedar Rapids, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere and work environment and a lot of great people work there. Supervisors are encouraging and want you to succeed. Everyday is different and the job never gets boring.

Cons

They don't train you well enough, have to learn as you go and there is a lot to learn. Not many areas for advancement and if you are able to move to a different department chances are it will still be in the phone center talking on the phones.

Have better training to start with.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Owner

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cedar Rapids, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting, challenging AND fun place to work
    Every day is a new challenge to be handled
    No two days are the same actually :)
    Lots of professional development options
    Unlimited time-off

Cons

work life balance is an issue
    too stressful at times when deadlines are steep
    old technology to be supported for some stuff

need to recognize the work life balance for the employees before aiming for the deadlines
    need more incentives

From customer service to QA Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people to work with. I was able to grow professionally and I am thankful for that. Amazing company holiday parties.

Cons

No flexibility in working remotely.

One of the BEST places I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wake up every morning energized to come to work at GoDaddy - I feel like I have the BEST job in the world because of the way my manager makes me feel. I am empowered, supported, and given the tools and development I need to succeed and given the freedom to make mistakes (although I try to avoid them when I can!). I learn from everything and I am given the latitude to try new things. I love working at GoDaddy because of the challenging work and the PEOPLE. Our culture here is fun and the people are like family to me. I am always learning and constantly growing because of our amazing culture and the people here are supportive, fun, and intelligent. I am ALL IN because of the amazing culture, the opportunities to learn and grow, and because of the people. Great job opportunities. The culture and values at GoDaddy are positive and inspiring - we're here to make an impact and I feel a sense of pride.

Cons

We are still building our internal infrastructure - so we're scrappy - kind of like a start-up at scale. It's cool because you can make an impact and not feel like a COG in a wheel at a bigger tech company. GoDaddy still has a smaller-start-up feel - which I love.

Continue to listen to employees and focus on creating an employee-first culture. I love it here and hope that we continue to live our values and share our awesome culture with the world.

High stress with little opportunity

Former Employee - Advanced Hosting Support  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Advanced Hosting Support in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work at Godaddy are great. Very energetic. There are some decent perks depending on what building you work in. Great job if you are going to school at the same time due to flexible schedules

Cons

High stress, Huge divide between management and "regular" employees, not much growth potential

Solicit feedback from the lowest on the totem pole. Develop realistic growth opportunity plans as what was presented to me during the hiring phase was not accurate. Find people core strengths and develop them.

terrible pressure and poor management

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

lots of ways to win things!

Cons

terrible management that only care about greed....used to be a great place, but went downhill

take some pride in what you do and watch how you talk to people

Stressful job!

Former Employee - Sales and Support  in  Hiawatha, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

They take good care of their employees. Great benefits, awesome employee parties, good pay, and they do lots of fun stuff.

Cons

Everything is sales driven. I hated that people would call in with technical issues, and we were still required to try to sell to them. They are super strict with their attendance policy. God forbid you clock in one minute late or get sick.

very corporate

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

co workers are tight nit

Cons

low salaries, hard to advance, lay offs too frequent

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!