Grupo Bimbo

Be The First To
Add Photos

Grupo Bimbo CEO and Alternate Chairman Daniel Servitje

Daniel Servitje

A unique company, with high aspirations for being highly productive yet deeply humane.

I have been working at Grupo Bimbo full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFast paced, consumer brand driven company that reinvests in the business 80% of cash flow, has grown steadily for more than 68 years. Publicly traded in Mexico, yet run with many of the good things of a closely held, family business. Sincere concern about the well being (material, mental, professional and even personal) of their associates. Fosters an environment of respect, trust, fairness and where leaders care for the people as much as they care for the financial results. Don't be fooled, this is not a "country club" the work is hard, the pace is at times brutal, but the opportunities to lead and go places are really great. The company has operations in about 19 countries and has lots of room for growth in almost every market.

ConsIn some countries, a 6 day workweek can be challenging. Compensation is competitive but not aggressively so.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on diversity. Insure that leaders in the U.S. understand the culture and values of Grupo Bimbo and embrace and practice them.

Union busters and lack of leadership.

Route Salesman (Former Employee)
Bloomington, CA (US)

I worked at Grupo Bimbo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat money considering the work. Pretty much on your own all day.

ConsLittle appreciation of employees. Old equipment. Split days off. No room for advancement. No management follow up. Clueless, distant upper-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor lower level management. Encourage and embrace impute from the front line. Offer advancement and co-ownership by mentoring and training.

A company where you can grow and develop yor skills and potential

Digital Marketing (Current Employee)
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I have been working at Grupo Bimbo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGlobal reach, One of the most admired companies in Mexico and in latoin America

ConsComplexiy to move the organization quickly. Internal job oportunities not open to compete

Advice to Senior ManagementPormote a more open organization

Great company but low compensation

Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee)
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Grupo Bimbo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou learn a lot, too great working enviroment, free product & special sales to employees. They do a lot to empower personnel in projects. All job positions are based & level up are based on tests and interviews. Also there's a lot of internal training.

ConsLow compensation
High volume of workload
Unfriendly facilities (I worked on their first plant, Corporate offices & Shared Services Center) We always had problems with space, old & unsecure facilities)

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensations to workers & better enviromental projects

Overall satisfied although heading in the wrong direction.

I have been working at Grupo Bimbo full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA Good paying union job

ConsLocal managements new business plan and direction.

Worked for Grupo Bimbo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grupo Bimbo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Grupo Bimbo CEO Daniel Servitje. All 5 reviews are posted anonymously by Grupo Bimbo employees.