HauteLook

HauteLook Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Terry Boyle

Loved working at Hautelook

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat office space, good benefits and direct management was great as well. They have work from home positions for customer service representatives which is a major plus.

ConsPay was low and it wasn't worth driving to DTLA to to a simple customer service job. I ended up working from home.

Ongoing Startup Growing Pains

ProsNordstrom owned. Casual wear. Models.

The good people saunter in and hustle out quickly, so there's a fantastic opportunity to meet a wide varity of idealistic young people.

ConsNordstrom owned. Startup transitioning. Poor communication from management, poor leadership. Little to no growth opportunity within the company (Hautelook, not the greater Nordstrom).

Member Service Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat location, work environment, and perks,

ConsManagement is lazy, HR does not help you with work related issues.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great!

Prosgreat working environment, People work hard here!

ConsNone at all but if must add something, more free food?!

very fast paced

Prosdiscount, friendly people, company is fairly young

Consvery fast paced, it can get hectic, things don't get communicated

Advice to Senior Managementnot enough pay for the amount of work they expect out of you

It was very educational. I learned a lot about the processes and functions of office work and how to prioritize my tasks

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Fontana, CA (US)

ProsConsistent hours and good medical benefits.

ConsDeadlines can become overwhelming but, with dedication and focus you can achieve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement cares about their employees. The only downfall they may have is they need better communication.

WORST PLACE EVER

Member Care Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsIn this economy its good to have a job, and a discount at nordstrom doesn't hurt

ConsThe sales platform, the constant stupidity and nothing ever working right. management is absolutely useless and the pay is an insult for all the work and pressure they put on you. Management is a joke, they're all immature, its like being in school again, they play favorites and don't value those that work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire ADULTS! Immature children are in charge and it shows. Catty, gossiping, backstabbing, unprofessional, unable to properly communicate on an adult level. Most ridiculous place ever!

Fun while it lasted

Sales (Former Employee) La Paz, La Paz (Bolivia)

ProsFun office
    Cool brand
    Great pay and flexible with remote work

ConsLayoffs when they get idea ADD and fire everyone they hired for a department they gave five seconds to get off the ground
    Oddly celeb obsessed Founder
    Horrible benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementCommit to ideas

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company with a great culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsHauteLook has a casual work environment, has a bunch of great employees and a great culture to work in and at.

ConsThere is not much recognition of employees, but Human Resources has been doing a great job lately with food trucks and events for the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees motivated

Worst company ever

ProsHauteLook discount and Nordstrom employee discount

ConsWorst managed company every, people leaving constantly, poor culture of gossip and sabotage.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people development. Hold senior managers accountable for their actions.

Worked for HauteLook? Contribute to the Community!