HauteLook

HauteLook Reviews

Updated Jul 01, 2014

Terry Boyle

Member Service Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat location, work environment, and perks,

ConsManagement is lazy, HR does not help you with work related issues.

very fast paced

Prosdiscount, friendly people, company is fairly young

Consvery fast paced, it can get hectic, things don't get communicated

Advice to Senior Managementnot enough pay for the amount of work they expect out of you

Great!

Prosgreat working environment, People work hard here!

ConsNone at all but if must add something, more free food?!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was very educational. I learned a lot about the processes and functions of office work and how to prioritize my tasks

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Fontana, CA (US)

ProsConsistent hours and good medical benefits.

ConsDeadlines can become overwhelming but, with dedication and focus you can achieve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement cares about their employees. The only downfall they may have is they need better communication.

WORST PLACE EVER

Member Care Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsIn this economy its good to have a job, and a discount at nordstrom doesn't hurt

ConsThe sales platform, the constant stupidity and nothing ever working right. management is absolutely useless and the pay is an insult for all the work and pressure they put on you. Management is a joke, they're all immature, its like being in school again, they play favorites and don't value those that work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire ADULTS! Immature children are in charge and it shows. Catty, gossiping, backstabbing, unprofessional, unable to properly communicate on an adult level. Most ridiculous place ever!

Fun while it lasted

Sales (Former Employee) La Paz, La Paz (Bolivia)

ProsFun office
    Cool brand
    Great pay and flexible with remote work

ConsLayoffs when they get idea ADD and fire everyone they hired for a department they gave five seconds to get off the ground
    Oddly celeb obsessed Founder
    Horrible benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementCommit to ideas

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company with a great culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsHauteLook has a casual work environment, has a bunch of great employees and a great culture to work in and at.

ConsThere is not much recognition of employees, but Human Resources has been doing a great job lately with food trucks and events for the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees motivated

Worst company ever

ProsHauteLook discount and Nordstrom employee discount

ConsWorst managed company every, people leaving constantly, poor culture of gossip and sabotage.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people development. Hold senior managers accountable for their actions.

Excellent Tech Team

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsThe tech team is one of the best I've had the pleasure of working with. Open source shop that strongly encourages giving back to the community. A lot of 'A' Players.

ConsNot very many perks for a tech company though it's getting better. Vacation time could be better. Medical benefits are so-so.

Great place for your first job!

Copywriter II (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsThey're really great on keeping employees involved with the company. They host happy hours for staff, bring in bagels every 1st of the month, have quarterly all-staff meetings with food, games and prizes, and the company is growing pretty fast now that they are apart of the Nordstrom family.

ConsToo many kinks in the chain. They hire all entry-levels which causes way too many discrepancies. They are slaves to the brands they sale..meaning that OTS's can get sent whenever they feel like it, new style can be added during a sale and etc...causing the workers to be stressed and highly annoyed ALL the time! Also the money they make with the salary they dish out does not add up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo it! If you want to be able to learn as you go, this is definitely the place because no one knows what they're really doing anyway.

Worked for HauteLook? Contribute to the Community!