Hays plc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox

Alistair R. Cox

Pros
  • Flexible approach to work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Great training, International opportunities, good commission scheme(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to work really long hours, and leaving at 5 is almost unacceptable(in 8 reviews)

• When I left the senior management were not of this ilke and valued stats above all else(in 7 reviews)

New to recruitment, glad I'm with Hays

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Chelmsford, England

ProsI've never worked in recruitment before so to have such an in depth training program and constant contact with a manager is a plus. Also being rewarded on success which brings out my competitive natue, which is then reflected in my progress and recognised by the whole office.

ConsSometimes things are not explained clearly enough or you will be told conflicting things by different people within the company. At the end of the day you have to go with whoevers opinion you think is best and be able to explain why.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clearer with expectations and consequences. Explain benefits better, rather than a hazy picture that we then realise we can't reach.

Fantastic place to work - suits progressive and career driven people

ProsBest training in the business, complete career path which is well structured and defined to encourage you to strive to the best of your ability. Strong team environment with the ability to run your own business within the remits of a large corporate that supports you. Strong supportive teams that take pride in training new starters and seeing them succeed.

ConsHigh expecatations from the start - tough interview process but this is to ensure that people that that get through have the drive and ambition to succeed.

Excellent place to work

Internal Recruitment (Current Employee) Chelmsford, England

ProsExcellent career opportunities with great benefits if you are like me and love to go on holiday I have been able to buy a extra 5 days. No only is the the job rewarding Hays also have great incentives I have been to Malta and Lisbon all paid for via Hays. Hays is a very sociable place to work with great management support.

ConsChallenges understanding your market but with the support from the region you soon become an expert, Hays offer the best training.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead from the front

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, world class training, fantastic company.

Senior Manager/Business Director (Current Employee) Bristol, England

ProsOpportunities for talented people are endless, truly inspriational bunch of people. I am challenged and cry with laughter most days.

ConsThe job is difficult and those who don't give their all / see early success tend to get found out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving had recnet visits to our office from the CEO, FD, MD and other Senior Board members I can honestly say that the leadership is consitent and clear in the ambitious goals for the organisation.

Fun but hardwork!

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

ProsTraining is excellent, I can understand why they say it is the best in the industry, as an associate they put a lot of emphasis on training you to do your job well.
    Really fun environment to work in, lots of young like-minded people.
    Fair with the promotion from Associate to Consultant (Even if you don't hit your billing targets if they see you are trying hard you will get promoted).

ConsLong hours!
    Fewer incentives,/perks compaed with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementArrange more office competitions or associate competitions with big prizes.

Challenging but fun, friendly people to work with, positive environment.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

ProsThe people that you work with are lovely, they are very accepting and encouraging and always have a positive can do attitude. The role itself is challenging, but a good challenge with fantastic future prospects.

ConsI have hit a few challenges with working here so far, one mainly being, sourcing my candidates, but I have been working on different methods to overcome this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the encouragement and good training. Notice when workers are struggling and try help them find a way round it.

Great company to work for

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsThe people, the training and the opportunities

ConsHigh targets, long hours, fluctuating salary (due to commission) but can also be a positive as well!

Great training and experience, poor salary

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsSome excellent people to work with, and they provide great training. The role itself gives you a lot of responsibility from the start.

ConsThe hours are long and management just geared towards mindlessly achieving KPIs. Staff can often be very greedy with a competitive, dog-eat-dog attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to take better care of its employees by making them feel valued. Being made to feel expendable by the business does not encourage loyalty and has made a number of talented people leave the business.

recruitment consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

Prosgreat perks an people fun fast paced environment

Consalot of pressure to hit targets

Advice to Senior Managementbe open to everyones individual strengths and set realistic targets to make work not stressful

Recruitment Consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat team of work colleagues and supportive to the nth degree , good brand name

ConsSenior Management are appalling I have never seen such a turnover of staff as I did at Hays, the leadership skills in my office were not existent and the director and senior manager were in constant "meetings" for no reason,. No real work done by these two. Attrition rate so high and no one at the top bothered at the way people were treated albeit people complained, if Hays really is Passionate about People they should start with their staff or loose the logo. I saw practices taking place which were abhorrent to me and quite frankly very dubious and totally against company policy. No one did a thing it was aloud to continue outrageous

Advice to Senior ManagementNigel Heap you need to sort this out as you have a lot of unhappy people who have left been pushed out due to nothing being done. The talent that has left is overwhelming and they are all at competitors. I did not want to leave but was left no choice with the behavior of my director

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!