Heinz

Updated 19 August 2014
Updated 19 August 2014

2.3

Bernardo Hees

Pros
  • The company used to be a great people company with plenty of room for room for advancement (in 22 reviews)

• Just read the reviews, Brazilians do not believe in work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest complaint I hear is about the lack of work life balance at Heinz (in 26 reviews)

• All company communication is about cost cutting under the guise of growing the business (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Ask Heinz how to ruin a company, I'm sure they will tell you.

Current Employee - Label Op  in  Fremont, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Label Op in Fremont, OH (US)

Pros

Money and OT are always plentiful.

Cons

Long hours, horrible people beside you

Leave

Progressive.

Pros

The opportunities that are available

Cons

very poor work life balance

Disappointing

Former Employee - Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

There are none anymore. A shell of the once great company that Henry Heinz built.

Cons

Went from a collaborative culture where the customer comes first to a cutthroat, cost driven company. There is no team anymore. All the talent was laid off, has left or is looking to leave. People being promoted into manager, director positions in order to keep them from leaving.

Sell to someone who will run it right

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Though times, future looks brighter

Current Employee - R&D Manager  in  Nijmegen (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - R&D Manager in Nijmegen (Netherlands)

Pros

Career opportunities, endless challenges, possibility to drive change, very high accountability, aggressive compensation.
    You are expected to act as the owner of the business and justify every single expense and decision. Financial results come first in everything you do. This is actually positive, driving the correct mindset: this is not a charity. If we won't make more money, we shouldn't do it.
    If pure capitalism appeals to you and you can manage how much you are willing to give away in exchange for the salary you get, it can work very well for you. If you are expecting values, ethics, respect and purpose, look somewhere else.

Cons

No work-life balance, you are expected to be in the office at least 12 hours a day, some very narrow-minded cost cuttings, such as eliminating corporate cell phones and slowing down internet speed, without realizing the impact it has on overheads and loss of efficiency.
    Very high people turnover at moment, as the new approach does not please most of the existing employees. It is a new company, from the old Heinz, the only thing left is the name. People do not matter, they are just costs. We will suck your blood until you are dry and then we will replace you. If you can cope with this approach for a while, it offers good opportunities

Be more sensible with the choices. Some cost-reductions will soon prove to drive additional costs due to lost efficiency.

Hard work but that's the point isn't it?

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

Work hard, deliver results and you get more opportunities. I've never worked at a place where that was more evident. That's what's so puzzling about all these horror story reviews. It's like people are upset they're being asked to work hard at their job. Personally, I like to be challenged to learn new things and take on new projects. I'm surrounded by smart people and our new culture is taking shape.

Cons

Pockets of negativity (in Pittsburgh at least). No job is perfect, there's always something you'd like to change. That said, the new Heinz is beginning to catch its stride. Getting the right people in place, and overhauling our business processes/systems has been trying at times but I've also learned a great deal in the process.

"The Best is Yet to Come"

Pros

Most of the hard changes are now behind us. Future looks exciting.

Cons

Still people here that don’t fix this new culture. Not sure why they did not leave under the voluntary resignation program.

Endless Opportunities, Challenging & Exciting Workplace

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

Every day you have the ability to make an impact on the business. Exposure and accessibility to senior management is the best I've seen in any company. Your career is truly yours to own.

Many people have commented that there is no work-life balance at Heinz. I disagree. Yes, you will work hard here and you will work more than a boring 9-5, but to me it's absolutely worth it. We work hard at Heinz because we are passionate about what we do and want to contribute everything we can to our Company's success.

Cons

Processes and procedures change frequently, it can be stressful at times to keep all of the systems straight, but the Company is working hard to improve this and I know it will only get better in the future.

Continue to keep the lines of communication and transparency open with employees.

It was a group of mostly personable people and a valuable learning experience

Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

It was an enjoyable corporate environment as well as very professional. A few of my co-workers became some of my good friends during my time there. The many things I learned during my time allowed me for much personal growth.

Cons

There were some things about the company that were very rigid. There also wasn't very much room for promotion or growth within the company.

I would recommend that they continue growing their business with their core beliefs in mind because that is what had driven the company to where it is today.

Results Driven, Focused on Talent, Respecting Tradition

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

This business is run by a world-class group of leaders who are laser focused on delivering results, while always driven by quality, customer service and doing the right thing. Good people. Lots of hard work but we laugh a lot. We're all in this to achieve the same goal together as a team.

Cons

Change can bring stress, but also excitement. Every day is different, challenging and fun.

The future of the food industry

Pros

Great people, meritocracy and endless opportunities.

Cons

Negative people that resist change.

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!