Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta

Christopher Nassetta

Pros
  • if you enjoy travelling, the team member travel plan is awesome(in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits such as discount room rates and employment growth(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • There was not an appropriate work/life balance - especially for contractors(in 22 reviews)

• long hours - large events can be difficult to work with(in 33 reviews)

Great global company with fantastic brands

Vice President (Former Employee) London, England

ProsExciting, international environment with good team and strong corporate culture. Pretty good salary and very good additional benefits including bonus, LTIP, healthcare & pension.

ConsQuite political (as with any large firm) and somewhat US-centric focus given the concentration of hotels in that market.

Great place to work for

Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) Belfast, Northern Ireland

ProsGood training opportunities, lot of courses and training sessions
    Excellent benefit packages, staff rates, etc

ConsNot very sociable hours of work (just like any other hotel)

excelent

Chef De Partie (Current Employee) Gatwick, England

ProsThis is our second Home.

ConsMake the guest happy and satisfied for staying here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMe and my husband work in the same department but we work in different shift, he works 6-2 and I work 3-11. We don't have time to talk, we only got time when we request for the same days off but very seldom that we get that. We have 4 kids at home and to get the same day off is very important for us. We hope that in this case we don't need to ask our HOD because we need sometime for the kids. Hope you understand.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There is no hospitality like understanding

Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) London, England

ProsLet me take this opportunity to tell you how grateful I am to be working with Hilton What makes a workplace feel like home? It’s a place that brings out your best, every day. Because it makes you want to be better, every day. It’s a place where your strengths are appreciated. Where people welcome you as you are. And applaud you for where you’re going. It not only provides you with 'WEAR AND GEAR' to do the job. It also provides you the knowledge, support and training through HWWU. Discover the power of belonging. At Hilton, we feel it every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Hilton sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do.

ConsThe wages a way to lower than market.

Advice to Senior Managementmake HWWU more practical then just browsing through slides

The treatment of there staff is very good, along with the great range of employee benefits

Commis Chef (Current Employee) London, England

Prosi love there benefits they give to there staff and direcly for me, my head of department is great at his job, and treats all his staff with respect.

Consdue to the way the business is going at the moment in terms of finance, there is little chance of promotions at the moment, i also feel although there are loads of benefits there is not as much recognition for the staff in terms of praise

Advice to Senior Managementallow the Head of departments to give credit and promotions where due, structure more inter-departmental team building so that different departments get to know each other, its polite to say hello in the corridor but even better to have a small catch up which is always great, its a great moral booster.

Reason to wake up

Guest Services (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat managers,no tension between the staff. Nice,fun and professional atmosphere to work at. Couldn't wait until the next shift. Managers could do all type of jobs if necessary, even cleaning tables and spending time to recycle the rubbish ,creating more or less flat structure of the company.

ConsAs a new busy hotel there is not enough staff to cope with the demand, so had to work double. Overall couldn't find any more disadvantages

Good employer, Good Benefits, Great Team

IT Manager (Former Employee) North Watford, England

ProsThe company is making a lot of effort to expand and this means that when working for central functions, things are regularly changing and there are new innovations encouraged to meet the new environment. There are good benefits, one of which is the staff discount scheme to stay at a Hilton property (subject to availability) for a massively discounted rate, allowing staff feedback on properties to identify issues affecting the guests.

ConsThe size of the company means that there are some decisions taken for the good of the business which do not necessarily take account of the 'normal' employees opinions on what would be good or helpful for the business. Understandably, it would be difficult to collate and analyse this to take it all into account, however for employees, it often feels like your opinion is ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employee/management forums to take representatives from different areas of the business for open table discussions on a regular basis (monthly), with different employees each time to get a good feel for the general opinions in the workers. The view from Senior Management, while obviously critical for the success of the business, does not always reflect new and innovative ways of dealing with things that other employees may come up with. Even to look at Head of country meetings to take a team member from each department in each national/regional office would be good.

Lots of commendation, easy to be categorized on potential based on one persons opinion

Sales Executive (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat opportunity, recruit from inside, give lots of learning opportunities too.

ConsPay is not something you will ever be happy with, performance reviews you are placed into one of nine boxes based on performance and potential, easy to be placed in low which is totally un-motivating.
    39 hour working week which you will never ever do - salaried employees are not able to claim overtime or time off in lieu.

Advice to Senior Management- Please do away with the 9 box review
    - If one week I want to work 39 hours I should be able to ask for this and not be told no

Very good company, too many bureacracies though

Sales Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional development, properties all over the world allowing you to try out different places which is great for your career. Benefits and staff rates are also very good!

ConsToo many bureacratic issues, whenever you try to do something there's always lots of approvals to go through, sometimes irrealistic guidelines to each hotel's reality and also as a manager you are asked to do lots of reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify on procedures. If people spend most of their time filling reports they cannot focus on generating revenue for their hotels.

It is realy fantastic. All the people there are nice.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsPeople there are really really nice. Food is great.

ConsA little far from where I live

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!