Home Instead

Be The First To
Add Photos

Home Instead CEO Roger Baumgart

Roger Baumgart

Pros
  • flexible hours and nice clients(in 11 reviews)

• Get to make a difference in someone's life every single day(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If your client dies, it may take awhile to get another full-time client(in 6 reviews)

• Minimum wage for a few hours of companionship is understandable, but(in 4 reviews)

This is a good place to make a difference and find a start in health care.

Senior Care Giver (Former Employee) Columbia, MO (US)

ProsGreat office staff. Flexible hours that work around your schedule. Willing to work with you to find a good fit.

ConsMinimum number of hours not guaranteed. It all depends on how many clients they have and what fits your schedule.

Providing care for individuals so they can stay home

Caregiver (Current Employee) Bloomington, IN (US)

ProsNew management is much better than the last, and they respect the caregivers.

ConsLimited job growth. There just isn't funding for care givers to be payed much.

Their policies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou form bounds with your client

ConsYou cant communicate with the families

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be easier to let the caregivers interact with the families

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful place to work.

Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) Skokie, IL (US)

ProsIt is a friendly environment, they are concerned for employees as well as the customers and they have great training.

ConsOnce a month you are required to come to meetings to discuss your concerns. Having to schedule your days off sometimes is a hassle.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to be able to give short notice when you need time off because everyday of your life is not planned and some plans are made suddenly.

Great place to work till your blamed for things you didn't do

Caregiver (Former Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA (US)

ProsFlexible hours, nice staff(for the most part), meet new people, always someone to care for. Provide on going training. Most people are helpful if you have questions.

ConsThey will suspend or fire you in a second if anything happens at clients home. Weather it happened before, during or after your shift. Weather it's your fault or not and won't believe a word you say about it. They will call you constantly when your off to cover shifts which isn't bad unless you have prior plans then get upset if you say no and after a couple times you decline they stop giving you shifts that you agreed to. Pay is below what most other home care places pay. Payday is every 15 days.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more. Be as understanding to employees as you are clients. Increase pay a bit to be more competitive.

Greet People to Work For

Overland Park, Kansas (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive boss, dedicated coworkers, excellent CAREGivers

ConsMany of the problems you encounter when working for a small business that you're trying to scale. No group insurance for administrative employees.

Helping others and listen to their concerns

Healthcare Provider & Rehab Tech (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsBoth companies has provided me an opportunty to interact, meet their needs, listen to their concern and encourage them when no one else is willing too listen.

ConsConcerns with the satsifaction of each client from other associates

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very important to not just have a job but find our place of employment so we may be effective with the gifts we are given

Experienced

ProsVery flexible. Meeting different people

ConsThe pay traveling. ..Don't pay mileage

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the rate

If you have school-aged children, this is not a healthy employer for you. Very disappointed!

CHHA (Former Employee) Washington, NJ (US)

ProsThe pay is not bad for a home healthcare agency.

ConsThey use you to their advantage.
    They don't give you the hours and days as initially agreed on.
    Instead, they split up the one client I had between six (6) caregivers.
    Specifically, one office staff member will talk down on you and be rude and disrespectful.
    Very fake set of people. Could not trust any of them.
    If you have school-aged children, be prepared to have your hours cut should an emergency arise suddenly before scheduled client timeframe. I have no previous history of call outs or absences.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't assume that a caregiver is not being truthful if no reason was given to assume otherwise.
    BE RESPECTFUL.
    BE HONEST and NOT MISLEADING.

Good enough for a little extra money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa little better pay on the weekend

Conspoor working relationship with management

Worked for Home Instead? Contribute to the Community!