Honeywell

3.2 1,446 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

1,446 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)"
    in 103 reviews
  • "Good compensation package and work environment, when US Govt market was good"
    in 65 reviews
Cons:
  • "People are biased sometimes based on region, at times it will spoil your work life balance"
    in 41 reviews
  • "upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great start but not for the long haul.

Field Installation Specialist (Current Employee)
Cranston, RI (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat product to work with. With the right management team behind you day to day tasks are easy. Fly away training to gain skill sets were good to get you up to speed on hardware and software.

ConsMerit raises are routinely cancelled due to economic conditions or partial furloughs implemented. Benefits have been reducing year over year to cut business costs but not beneficial to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop canceling the merit raises and increasing the cost of benefits to the employee while reducing the actual benefit. We have to live just as much as you do and the cost of living keeps going up even though salaries and benefits do not.

Good Work-Life balance

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Honeywell full-time

ProsWorking from home is usually not a problem, but it will depend on who your manager is. Work times are flexible to a certain extent.
Ok benefits.
Very good communication between the different levels of the organization. But again, this also depends on your management.

ConsLow growth possibilities. You can have a lot of experience, doing a great job (according to your manager) and never get promoted. It also seems it is more difficult for women to get a promotion.
Not much vacation time, in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating to all employees as you currently do. A well informed employee will do a better job.
Keep allowing employees to work from home. More flexibility will drive your employees to give more to the company. It also creates a more healthy working environment.
Do not leave your performing employees on the bench. You end up loosing them. Yes, knowledge is replaceable but it costs money, and time.
Disliked very profoundly the fact that the CEO kept sharing his political views through his quarterly communications. All of us don't necessarily share these views.

Good company, but...

Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsGood friendly environment and nice people. I would say the pay/benefits were slightly above industry average. Overall nice company to work at

ConsDoesn't spend enough money on QA, too much emphasis on project/sales and not enough on support. Because support doesn't generate the $$$ on the books, they rather do patch work style support and ask for $$$ everytime

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management uses recession as excuse to fire people. In one meeting they tell you how much the company is making, the next they tell you more people are being laidoff.

A good company to work for

Accounting (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat culture, room for advancement

ConsBenefits are ok they used to be better

It is very focused on the current profit.

Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe commute for me is very short, so I do not need to fight traffic.
There a lot of work to be done , but the schedule is flexible.
And people in the office are quite relaxed and friendly.

ConsThe management is very focused on getting employees to pay more for health insurance, so we pay more each year.
The management is looking at the top and bottom lines only, so there is not much passion among the mid-level managers, and they rotate in and out various business divisions.

All about the dollar....

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStrong company with cashflow to grow, but only overseas

Consmuch of everything is going overseas. Very small bonuses if any. CEO blames it on economy but yet telling stockholders and employees we are doing record sales. go figure. Process driven to the point it effects the customer resolution time

Advice to Senior Managementshare the wealth and try to look more outside the box when it comes to writing protocols

No longer a good company to work for

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay is good, but good luck getting a decent raise.

ConsThe company is top heavy at the corporate level. At individual sites, they run with the minimum number of employees possible. Everybody wears multiple hats. Everything gets done in a mediocre way. Nothing gets done well because you are always in a rush to get to the next fire.

Local management are yes men to the US corporate team. All sites are not held to the same standards. US locations can get away with more push back than Canadian sites, even when it comes to safety.

All management (local and corporate) like to read out the rules, but fail to follow these same rules themselves.

Management is not honest or ethical when it comes to reviews. You can refute what is said, but they say that once they have entered their reviews into the system they cannot be changed. They will not even put in addendums even when their is physical proof.

HOS is a huge burden to small locations. There is minimal benefit to the site, but the costs are huge. It is all about "metrics" that time is spent on compiling, but are not used to better the location.

CEO is too overpaid and not worth the cost.

Monster company with endless opportunities for advancement

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are so many divisions that offer advancement.

Cons1. Your are just a number.
2. Honeywell does all the thinking... dont think, just do what you are told to do...

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to truly empower true performers...

Good learning opportunities

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Prosnice folks' team atmosphere; good benefits

Constoo many hours; not enough worker bees

Advice to Senior Managementneed more workers and less managers

Good development experience/resume builder, not for the long haul

Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHoneywell (specifically FM&T in Kansas City, MO) has been a great development opportunity. Due to high turnover, they generally give early career engineers more responsibilities than industry average. After a few years as a solid performer you should have some pretty good experience for the resume.

Corporate Honeywell brings both positives and negatives to the table, with an end result of a neutral. Functionally, it's a great company with a strong stock. However, the employee policies are generally pretty terrible and the benefits are average.

ConsThere is basically no long term option. At best, as a top 20% performer, you can grow your career like the average employee outside. If you are in the middle 70%, you can basically forget getting raises higher than inflation. As a government contractor, they are constantly compressing salaries to be competitive for renewing the contract. The bottom 10% get reviewed yearly and put on a plan with which 50% are let go. I've been told the general breakdown is consistent across Honeywell (and other companies like GE), but our raises are significantly lower.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of stinkers in your 1st/2nd level management faster. There are people who have been in 1st and 2nd level positions for years that have not developed their groups at all. Generally, upper level management at this facility is excellent.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 1,446 reviews are posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.