Honeywell Reviews

3.2
1,771 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 147 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work / life balance, 70 hour weeks the norm lately (in 51 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Good but too old heads gets into a bored / bad atmosphere

Former Employee - Senior Business Process Executive in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Process Executive in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Work life balance
    2. Flexibility
    3. Domain Change

Cons

1. Worst HR.
    2. People do copy in interview [ inside movement written test ]
    3. Lots of affairs inside teams that makes partiality from manager towards employee.
    4. Low moral standards.

I worked for GCSC - Order Management profile . I would say , please work on ethics first motive.
    I seen people copying in PL and TL interview recently announced 2014, and got selected with least or low moral standards. I have also came to know people kissing in lift in night shift and still male employee managed to get relieving letter as Resigned rather than Terminated. No action taken against the lady employee yet.

This is clearly not a right a message .

Treated as a number and nothing more

Former Employee - Performance Contract Engineer in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Performance Contract Engineer in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent benefits, minimal oversight, good colleagues

Cons

limited opportunity to stand out and the job offer was made as they were already thinking of making job cuts

Great exposure for entry level to MNC

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good learning place for technical exposure as the learning process grow exponentially

Cons

Lack of team work and direction as the change of management happen too frequently

Please focus more on the team building and cultivate more on the right culture within the division. Its too apparent that this is lacking.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good work life balance ,process oriented

Cons

not good salary ,growth is stagnent,not so much good facilities

because there a many number of employees management cares little about the employees .

Performance Contract Engineer I

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay with a very competitive bonus plan.. It is project based work so you need to be willing to put in the extra hours to meet deadlines, but with that said you'll have more intense work some months as well as slower months.. it balances out. Travel 30-40% of the time, will always fly you back for the weekend with options for a company car if driving more frequently if you live near by. You can work from home or office, everything is remote.

Cons

Since everything is remote, your coworkers are just voices over the phone.. Took me over a year to meet my mentors in person which makes building relationships harder. Also for those that like the office atmosphere this isn't for you.

Don't expect to get a good raise unless you threaten to quit

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good people. Interesting work if you can get a full-time roll in the area you desire

Cons

Sometimes you feel like just a number. Management doesn't have time for you. If you want to work hard, but your manager doesn't have enough time for you, you may need to find other areas in the company where you can contribute.

Don't expect to get a raise or get paid well unless you find another opportunity and threaten to quit. They were willing to double my salary as I was leaving the company. That was one of the reasons I never looked back. I knew I would have to beg every time I wanted a raise. They would have held on to me if they had been pro-active about stating my value and giving me a raise.

Some managers are very incompetent.

Some managers, not all, need to devote more time to new employees who want to work hard and have meaningful work. I don't like being bored and waiting around for tasks. I ended up speaking to other employees and managers and finding work that I could do. That work was more useful and meaningful to the company. All this time my manager was nowhere in site. Also, when I asked for a better role, there wasn't one available, so I had to reach outside of my job description to feel like I contributed value. Of course I completed my primary job, that was always a priority, but I wanted more, and there was no structure around to support it.

Not a bad spot to finish a career or start one

Current Employee - Materials Planner in Richmond, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Materials Planner in Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great compensation. Very flexible on working with the balance between work and home life. Job security is there.

Cons

Union Environment really slows down the potential for great quality and production. Good'ol boy system. Often refer to the good ol days and still trying to live them.

Practice what you preach. If you want to use tools to see where your company is lacking, actually use them. Dont just try to appease the cooperate big wigs with a color code system. Get rid of the union. Quit draining money on a 3rd party entity that is nothing more than a financial drain

Senior Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Its good to work here

Cons

too much work here in

Unorganized, difficult environment for anyone with strong professional standards.

I have been working at Honeywell as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Management understands that life comes first and doesn't discourage legitimate time off. The dress code is casual and it is easy to put together appropriate options on a small budget.

Cons

This is a contract position and needs to be judged accordingly.
    Do not think that the position will ever change from contract to permanent - it will not. Temporary contracts simply get continuously extended. There are no benefits and will not be.

The office culture is chaotic at the best of times. Miscommunication is the norm and standards and professionalism are low. There are no clearly defined responsibilities and therefore it is hard to meet production expectations.

Set up a better, more consistent, training program. Provide clearer expectations and more defined goals. Consider dividing teams into phones and processing.

Large company plagued with policies

Former Employee - Engineering and Technology in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Former Employee - Engineering and Technology in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I worked at Honeywell as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

For an intern, the pay is fairly good.

Cons

Everything else, the leadership does not care about people, vast outsourcing so save a couple dollars. The company only cares about the bottom dollar and all of the engineers know it, and are fed up.

Get with the times, innovation and creative thinking are destroyed in favor of maintaining policies.