Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Hostess Brands Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Hostess Brands – US – “My bakery”

Hostess Brands President & CEO Gregory F. Rayburn

Gregory F. Rayburn

Pros
  • good pay but over the years continue to decline(in 11 reviews)

• About only pro is that the company does provide good benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poorly ran company from upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Long hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority(in 9 reviews)

Hostess brands

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Biddeford, ME (US)

ProsSalary and benefits were good supervises good to work with

ConsToo much corporate control plant manager could run the plant as he sees fit everything had to be okay from corporate too much red tape

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers like human beings not like numbers

Good company to work for

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGood pay for what we did

ConsVery hard work and long hours

District Sales Manager

Distict Manager (Former Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsGreat environment , the management team allowed me to run my district without too much micro-management.

ConsCompany is now closed and out of business

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sales representative

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Stockton, CA (US)

Proscompany had, great pay, benifits and pension plan. Good environment and worked with good people.

ConsHad many long days throughout the week about 10 hours of overtime weekly. And was totally mis managed from the top down

great until it went out of business

Driver (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

Prosfree cakes and free bread

Consunions and their greedy cohorts

Advice to Senior Managementnnnn

Good product, VERY poorly managed.

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Ogden, UT (US)

ProsTop selling product, both bread and cake. People always wanted to buy the product, often times it was difficult to keep stores properly stocked because of the popularity of the product.

ConsWhen a company goes broke selling a popular item like twinkies and cupcakes, something is very wrong. Poor management

Bankrupt

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Temple, TX (US)

ProsGood money if your willing to work for it

Cons55-60 hour work weeks that start around 3am

Advice to Senior Managementditch the unions

Company liquidating

District Manager (Current Employee) Davenport, IA (US)

ProsIt was a good company to work for. I was free to do my job with very little supervision or guidance, unless needed.

ConsThe company is in the process of liquidating

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Difficult with upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Team at the Plant level.

ConsPoor Leadership at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementGo run a Bagel shop

Upper level Management killed the company!

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIndependence, my customers, the pay (before we were cut back twice).

ConsUpper level mangagement all the way up to the CEO. WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!!! I really wish someone from 60 minutes or Crimestoppers would do a thorough investigation into the actions of this company. What a major scandel!!!! They probably were in cahoots with the union as well. And to tell us half way through the day on Friday November 16th that we need to empty off our trucks and not return to work - what a shallow bunch they are! Honestly, how could a company have over 2 billion in sales and loose MILLIONS each year, I guarantee you one thing, they sure as hell didn't share it with the employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, I guess you won. You got your money and can move on. As for the rest of us hard working dependable employees you dumped on the street, I pray for each and everyone of them and their families, no matter what job we get won't be as awful as this one. Thanks.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!