Huntington National Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Huntington National Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Steinour

Steve Steinour

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, and high starting pay than most entry level positions"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Growing company, good environment to work in (depending on your job), great benefits"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long Hours, Heavy on Sales Results, Pressure to Perform"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Some disconnect between company vision of employees and upper management"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Assistant Branch Manager

Manager (Former Employee)
Flint, MI (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsOpportunity for Growth with in Retail banking, Simple products to sell.

ConsRetail Hours long, not enough staff. turn around is horrible with staffing. Systems are old and need much updating.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Unfortunately the reviews are true...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Huntington National Bank for more than 10 years

ProsI absolutely loved working with my peers; there are so many smart, resourceful and good people that work at Huntington. I have worked with Huntington through 3 leadership changes and have seen the very good to the very bad. Ultimately I'm embarassed that the leadership has let the perception of the company get to this point. This perception does a disservice to the talented workforce that is still there.

ConsSimilar to what many others have said, Huntington has bred a culture of dishonesty, backstabbing and at times even unethical behavior by its managers (I personally have seen this with mid-level and senior level management). As a whole, management is untrained in leadership philosophy and practices and learns from its peers who lack integrity and are untrained as well. With all this being said, there are some GREAT managers at Huntington but unfortunately the bad is outweighing the good.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike someone else said - you know what you need to do. Until this type of feedback is taken seriously and management truly wants to change the culture from within, it will not happen.

Not the job you think it will be. Read the real reviews (the 3 stars or less ones) and be cautious.

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

ProsMost of the staff (read: fellow grunts in the trenches) are good folks. Management can be iffy.

ConsHigher up couldn't care less about you unless you are a selling machine, and even if you are then you'll just get an "atta boy/girl" and told you need to sell some other meaningless product.

Good bank to belong to as a customer, awful to actually work for. Unless you like feeling like a cog, and being grossly underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your staff that you see them more than just a sales number on a spreadsheet. Constantly bombing them about how they should sell more credit cards, and call customers to "upsell" them on more accounts is not the best strategy for keeping them around for the long haul, or making them want to stay - hence the insane turnover rate.

Most of the people in power have very little knowledge in terms of how to properly motivate people. It starts with making your staff feel valued. Some serious training in this regard is needed. If the company doesn't care about the employee why should the employee care about the job?

In the beginning I loved it, but now I wish I'd never come

Escrow Process Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible work schedules, the work was easy although I am not doing what I was hired to do.

ConsHR is not helpful, there is no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just wish that they were a little more caring and helpful. HR is supposed to be helpful and anonymous, but they report all confidential information back to management. The pay is not that well for all of the BS work they have us doing.

Experience at Huntington

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsPay was great. Benefits great. Office great.

ConsLife work balance. But depends on your department.

Sr. Teller

Senior Teller (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsTuition Assistance, Flexable Hours, Customers

ConsUnrealistic sales expectations, Hourly Pay

Pressure cooker

Retail (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat products to sell, good marketing support, great re-branding of company image including branches. Great sales culture and focus on customers.

ConsUnder extreme expense pressures and cuts being made to front line sales while the "backroom" grows significantly. IT issues are significant and difficult to get the job done

Great people who really care about the customers

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople at Huntington are very committed to customer service and doing the right thing. I thought this was all corporate 'rah-rah' stuff when I was interviewed - but it's serious. Huntington employees are proud of their company, want to help their customers and help the community.

ConsAdvancement is not the easiest thing to accomplish at Huntington. Even when you deserve a promotion, you may need to fight to get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great people here - don't forget it. Take good care of them.

I worked at Huntington Bank for 2 years as a Director of IT within the Commercial area and left to go back to Chase.

Director of IT (Former Employee)

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsLocation at Easton is very accessible - pay was good, but expect to work 60 hours/week if you are in IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior Management – Some of the managers are great and some are the worst that I have ever worked for in my career. They may 'get the job done' by only be degrading their staff.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Huntington National Bank

ProsGreat People to work with

ConsThere are Infrastructure issues with communication

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huntington National Bank reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Huntington National Bank CEO Steve Steinour. All 172 reviews are posted anonymously by Huntington National Bank employees.