Huntington National Bank

Updated 10 September 2014
2.8

Huntington National Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Steinour
Steve Steinour

Pros
  • great work/life balance for my family (in 6 reviews)

• Management was very personable, everyone was a team player, good benefits and perks (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work long hours sometimes 6-10 days in a row (in 16 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is a huge issue at HNB - IT employees normally work 60 (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice company

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Good benefits , pto . I like the work I do.

Cons

No bonus . Too much work .

I would go back

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything. The co workers, the customers

Cons

Paying for downtown parking. Other than that nothing.

Keep it up.

A good broad experience.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are ample opportunities for personal growth. Compensation is relatively competitive in certain areas.

Cons

Paid time off is lagging behind from past employers. The intention for promotions seemed to be right on mark but the follow through of actually putting the promotion through seemed to be lagging. The work being completed seemed to be 2-3 years ahead of the title/compensation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Goals before customers

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay the bank closes at 5pm M-Th

Cons

Can not retain top talent employees quit managers not companies. A lot of the Cincinnati area branch managers are not good communicators. Hitting your monthly goal is put before the customer

Communicating and being a leader will help retain a lot of top talent

Leave your happiness and freedom behind

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

None. During the recruiting and interviewing process they will sell you on lies.

Cons

Huntington's core values do not align with the leaders that are employed within the organization. Poor hiring strategies, managers are not allowed to interview and hire for their own branch. Individuals are placed at District Managers discretion. A lot of hire aheads with no industry knowledge make for a complete disaster. District Managers and POD leaders offer no positive direction, they thrive off negativity. No work/life balance. Hours seem flexible but are far from it.

Pay attention to who you hire and place in management roles. The West Michigan In-Store division will continue to be a failure if the dictator leadership style does not change. Employee retention will continue to be at an all time low if employees are treated as if they should have no life outside of Huntington Bank i.e enrolling into higher education is frowned upon because it takes away from your availability one night a week. I do not think Huntington Bank is a horrible organization but the West Michigan In-Store is by far the worst place to be employed. Beware if you are being recruited by Huntington for an In-Store position.

Seriously.....

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huntington pays better than the industry standard, flexible hours, and if you have any intelligence at all you have a great opportunity for career advancement due to the fact that most of their current employees lack drive and knowledge of the financial industry.

Cons

Disorganized, constantly changing the direction of the business, restructured bonus system where you no longer make much, hire people that do not need to be in the banking industry, laughable training that has no real bearing on the true nature of the profession, will constantly look outside to hire individuals into management positions but hey I guess I can't complain about that it's how I was hired by these clowns haha.

Spend more time assessing your current employees instead of just hiring other new employees that will also fail.
    Please stop hiring people that worked for RadioShack, Verizon, and Arby's they have no idea that what it takes to be successful in Banking.
    Treat the 10-20% of employees that make the bank actual money better and pay them accordingly.
    Stop referring to yourself as a" National" bank, other banks laugh at you.

Management begrudgingly pays incentive.

Current Employee - Banker  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Banker in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Marginal benefits. Their checks clear. It beats working at McDonalds but the pay is about the same. No other positive things.

Cons

Anti-commission plans. the company sets up the incentive plan so that it is nearly impossible to earn an incentive. Huntington Bank clearly not this misrepresents job functions and duties during interview process.

You are not Chase!

It all depends on the management

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Coworkers, 401k, time off allowances

Cons

Management, expectations, changing sales goals to a point where you can't reach them, 10 cent raises if you are lucky, terrible medical benefits and cost, always fearful of getting written up.

Inspect what you expect, look over the compensation and ask yourselves "can our loyal, talented employees survive on this?" Concern yourself with the everyday struggles and anxieties that the middle and lower management causes the little people.

Not a bad company!

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Hours, management, great benefits and PTO

Cons

Senior Management doesn't always feel like you matter. Training could be more in debt.

They set clear expectations, yet not clear coaching

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

They care about the customer.

Cons

The management does not coach to the missions of the bank

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!