ICAP plc

Be The First To
Add Photos

ICAP plc Group CEO and Director Michael A. Spencer

Michael A. Spencer

One of the best brokers to work for

Broker (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood reputation in the industry, strong name

ConsCommission structure not as good as some of the smaller houses

Going through huge change

ProsSome good people
    Flexible working environment
    They are trying to update their business model as they know things need to change

ConsNo clear direction
    Cost cutting a priority

Great people to work with, however very little support from the "Powers that be"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe staff in my department were excellent, both professionally and socially. The daily work load was full on, but that's the way it should be.

ConsICAP are like a "feeder" club. They get trainees in, train them up, don't give the wages, benefits that the individuals require, and then lose them to competitors who recognise the value that these experienced individuals now provide. ICAP is a good starting place, but you will be looking to move on after a couple of years to get the wages you deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your staff what they deserve and stop losing your best staff (and your clients) to competitors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never a dull moment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England

ProsEntrepreneurial executive management. Very little bureaucracy and the opportunity to make a difference every day. Small but global enterprise provides opportunities to work in a lot of different cultures. with the financial markets in revolution this is a great chance to be part of inventing the future.

ConsEntrepreneurialism and enthusiasm can mean that strategy is not thought through and leads to a lack of a single direction

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that everyone internally knows what the mission of the company is

Great company to work for!

Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood salary; good work-life balance; great people to work with

Consnone that I know of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

micro manage

Director (Former Employee) London, England

Prosmoney money money and more money

Conslong hours, and constant email 24-7

Advice to Senior Managementstop looking over my shoulder when you know I know what I'm doing

ICAP is a great company to work with

Voice Broking (Current Employee) London, England

Pros1. good pay 2. nice environment. 3. learn many things

Cons1. workload is heavy 2. under pressure

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing it.

Fantastic

Events Coordinator (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat place to work. Like a second family.

ConsNot really anything coming to mind

Great time, not long term career path!

Summer Intern (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat time, lots of going out and make great friendships. Also excellent culture of feedback. Huge bonuses very quickly. If you wont to work in a bank, you get good exposure and contacts

ConsYou are working alongside many who don't even have a degree which would suggest it is not very technical. Also don't think it is easy to move elsewhere for career. No long term career security

Dead end weak communication

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGet to work with different groups and very hard working group of people not much for the management though.

Charity Day

ConsNo communication, honesty or loyalty towards employees. Fact that employees cannot review managers show how ICAP operates. You have to be careful with your sign-on agreements or else you will stuck with same pay for 10 years and also be wary of company wide policy changes time to time which will be changed without any notification to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent and honest.

Worked for ICAP plc? Contribute to the Community!