IGS Energy

www.igsenergy.com

IGS Energy Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Scott White

Great potential in market and career.

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Dublin, OH (US)

ProsWork Life balance good, they value physical fitness

Consbunch of 24 year old girls running entire marketing department

Advice to Senior Managementlook at the experience you have currently employed

Energy Broker

Energy Broker (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsMeeting new and interesting people.

ConsCommission based. Long work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees needs are important.

Private organization at its finest.

Sales (Former Employee) Dublin, OH (US)

ProsExcellent management, pay, office culture, and company values. Doesn't matter what field you're in, you would love to work it with IGS.

ConsLimited job advancement opportunities. Once you find your niche and you are successful, you will probably be doing that role for a while. Most of management is young and isn't going anywhere soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreatest place to work if you are interested in this industry. This company is in it for the long haul so if that fits what you're looking for, great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Activity will be the only way you can make quota... lots of activity!

Home Energy Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsI like jobs that make me feel like I am making an impact on society. Bottom line- This Country was built on the beliefs of having choice and the capitalistic business model. IGS is a company that believes in serving its customers in the best way possible. Deregulated energy is one of the newbies in the American marketplace and is a very tough sale (not to mention what happened when the telecom industry was deregulated). No need to digress here. IGS promotes good energy... green energy and being responsible users of energy. Who could not like the great slogan of "an energy independent US!" I do wish we all had the means to build better solar panels, wind turbines, and heat producing worm farms (at least until liquid thorium flouride or MIT's new electric generation wonder comes on line). For now we must be ever conscious of the lowest rates from the least corrupt type of supply- right! or figure a way to use less of what's being produced into the GRID". What happens to the energy that's left in the grid? Will we have more energy reserves? An intagible product like energy/even natural gas IS somewhat a hard sell because of the govt regulations and possession of how it "flows". Now that Einstein's theory of relativity is not so much of a theory and "unification" seems to be on the horizon... a new era of "the power of tomorrow" may become reality?

ConsBrainiacs and forcasters in Dublin need to do a better job of offering rates where utility users really can see a savings on their 1st bill after the sign up. Systems- Mac is a great company, but the use of the ipad air needs much more work. Telling HEC's that customer service is important but not having any type of CRM is "hogwash". If more money is coming from FERC or PUCO (Feds) it should be distributed fairly to the real workers- not the seedy sales smooth talkers *be aware!

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for the sale gurus" that sweet talk you into hiring them. They are artist at making things sound better than they really are. Semantics, or should I say better semantics, are not going to be the answer to pitching the products on American consumers (yes, peeps in West VA, Ohio/Pennsylvania/Maryland, etc. are Americans). It is what it is, A BILL (not one of those on Capital Hill) and folk's hate seeing them in the P.O.? Mail Boxes.
    Fuel Rewards is a great idea- keep it going! If we can't save people money... let's come up with a good reason to choose IGS Energy. Something better than just "price protection"?

Working Man's Workman

Energy Broker (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsOpportunity to meet new people.

ConsCommissioned based. You don't work, you don't make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage like you would liked to be managed.

Drink the Kool Aid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCafeteria that is on site is ok and they have a small gym

ConsHire young people
    Long hours expected
    attendance policy
    Don't listen to employees concerns

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Diversity in hiring

I was misinformed of the products, therefore involuntarily lied to people

Energy Consultant (Former Employee) Modesto, CA (US)

ProsThe money was there, just out of reach. They put you up in 2 bed hotel rooms...3 or 4 to a room...

ConsThey lied to me completely. I was misinformed of the reading of energy bills, so I thought i was saving people money, but really I was raising their rate. I have recieved angry calls from customers who have my personal line...ugh. a nightmare.

Rapid Growth Here! You have to work.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsGreat positive work environment.
    Transparency with management (i.e. No BS, very low drama, everyone is paid on time)
    Back office support is top tier
    Management have worked their way up
    Emerging industry in deregulated energy.
    Great pay and no cap to earning potential.
    Impeccable Training from management.

ConsHave to start from the bottom and work your way up.
    2 weeks before paychecks start.
    High Competition

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very good. When help is needed they are there. Company can use more bilingual people especially for the CA campaign

Wasted time...

Direct Customer Representative (Former Employee)

ProsLoved my co-workers. They were a good group of guys to hang out with on the way to towns we knocked doors in. Going into the field I met a lot of interesting people.

ConsWasn't paid for many deals I thought I was getting credit for. I was told our cancellation rate would be around 35%, but after a few months I was told it was actually 65%. There are too many stipulations and small errors that will cost you deals. The weather could be really brutal at times,and so could some of the customers, but that's just the nature of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more scrupulous with who you contract your sales management to.

Needs to be more professional in dealing with customers and employees ,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery modern office with gorgeous work spaces

ConsInterdepartmental arguing, no guidelines to help managers be successful. Interdepartmental arguing over things that doe not impact the bottom line is a waste of time. Very high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees on all levels, create paths toward success. Believe in each other.

Worked for IGS Energy? Contribute to the Community!