ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ITT Technical Institute Chairman & CEO Kevin M. Modany

Kevin M. Modany

Pros
  • Pay was decent for no experience and no degree(in 13 reviews)

• The reward of helping students achieve their goals is priceless(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - required to work 6-7 days per week and on vacation or sick leave(in 16 reviews)

• upper management has unrealistic expectations, does not care about employees or students(in 22 reviews)

No complaints.

ProsWork-life balance is good. Great envirorment.

ConsNo complaints, management is great to work for.

Love what I do.

ProsGreat people to work around, the students are the best! You get what you put into your position!

ConsLike any company, communication over all could be improved. Focus more on the students.

pretty boring

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

Prosmost of the people where nice

Consfew leads, little work, no incentives, tier system

Advice to Senior Managementtry some new marketing to get more prospects

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderfull

Networking (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsTeam Work ,Friendly Enviroment ,Educatuions

ConsEconomical Issue,Vacations ,Insurance High,Over Time

Advice to Senior ManagementCourses for advancement

Great entry-level position, but not a company to grow in.

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

ProsHigher pay compared to other companies in the industry. Great entry-level experience. I enjoyed my coworkers and managers at the campus level. Very compliant.

ConsNo bonuses or compensation for high performance scores. Required to work until 9 PM twice a week, and every other Saturday. No true training, and no support from headquarters. Health insurance is a virtually non-existent. The corporate office is disconnected from the happenings at a campus level and impose unrealistic goals and objectives. Corporate treats employees as disposable, and would rather higher outside the company versus promoting from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better health insurance, compensate your employees for doing a great job, and learn what actually happens in a campus instead of assuming. Also, recognize the value in your employees and do whatever is necessary to keep a valuable staff.

Worst work experience ever!!

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC (US)

ProsCounsel students to achieve better outcomes in their lives. There is a strong sales aspect to this job. If you are looking to sharpen your sales skills - this may be the job for you. If you have a passion for helping people, than there are better opportunities out there.

ConsIn my opinion, the management staff was the most unprofessional, unethical group of individuals I have ever worked with in my 30+ years of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider revising your business model. In my opinion, for-profit higher education schools should be about educating students and not about the bottom line of financial gain for the company.

My experience was good, ONLY because I had an awesome boss and coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy campus had great co-workers.

ConsAcademic Affairs and Recruitment are always at odds due to conflicting goals. Also it is impossible to move up in the company, even after years of employment. If you do move up, no matter the position, you only receive a ten percent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and value your employees, especially the good ones. It's very sad that even when an employee deserves a "1" in their yearly evaluation, no one receives it because it has to be approved and signed by the CEO. What does that say about you Mr. Modany? HQ really needs to re-evaluate how to treat employees. The school has really gone down hill in the last 7 to 8 years

After several years, it's time to go.

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) Carmel, IN (US)

ProsCourses are taught online- no wardrobe or transportation costs.

ConsFaculty managers insist on not supporting the standards proclaimed by ITT Tech, and in fact, state in emails not to follow them. No opportunity for a raise or promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen the faculty managers a little more carefully. I had good luck for years, but the most recent one under whom I worked seemed to have scattered thoughts, and came up with strange metrics. One evaluation, I was told I graded too rigorously, then next, I was too soft.

if you want a position that will teach you what you don't want, this is it

Prosschedule ok. dress code not too bad. i have a great manager.

Consold systems. overly frustrating processes. upper management has unrealistic expectations, does not care about employees or students. compensation is very poor. instead of working on technology upgrades or processes that would help all employees and in benefit to instructors, and students, upper management expects everyone to work harder with 100s of steps and exceptions in each process. mostly manual. lots of room for error which is not acceptable. a few of the directors treat highly educated people like children in a daycare worrying about lunchtimes and vacations instead of how to make itt a great school for everyone.

Advice to Senior Managementgrow up. treat people with respect and your turnover will go down. take millions away from the ceo and invest in the business that gave you those millions. hire people who have vision, not using employees as a power trip for ego boosting. stop blaming instructors for all issues. pay market value. you have highly educated and passionate people...tap into them instead of stepping on them.

Poor communication and support from management.

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsStudents are eager to learn.

ConsEmphasis on keeping seats filled vs education.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!