ITV

ITV Chairman Archie Norman

Archie Norman

extremely rewarding

Continuity Producer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsEveryone knows who ITV are, room for progression. Extremely rewarding got to work on some massive projects including the 2013 rebrand.

ConsSometimes there is lack of communication between departments and other third parties connected to ITV which can be extremely frustrating to get the job done.

Advice to Senior Managementmore benefits

Fun and satisfying, until anything goes wrong

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, great location and plenty of opportunity

ConsBlame culture prevalent throughout - any issues or failures became a race to point fingers

Advice to Senior ManagementFix problems first, assign blame second

Active, hard-working and proffesional, plus a tad of stress

Content Control (Current Employee) London, England

ProsI enjoy my job, as I am lucky enough to meet some famous faces, some of which I grew up watching on TV, I know the work that I do will directly affect millions of people on a daily basis, I enjoy being a part of entertaining the nation. Plus were an international company, with loads of opportunities to go global.

ConsSome negatives include; the full on working enviroment, all of the time. Not much time off, due to the full on working enviroment and also when everything goes belly up, we have to start all over again. I don't like telling celebrities they have to do a piece of content all over again :(

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure staff do get there time off, because we need it!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Irrelevant (2010-2011)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTries hard to become value for money for investors

ConsDoes not invest into innovation, British talent or quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting the workforce and demanding staff to become more efficient at their jobs does not make you a market leader. Be a leader in making quality programming rather than lowest common denominator shows and be a leader in investing into quality rather than seeking cheap shortcuts.

long hours but always fun

Senior Researcher (Former Employee) Manchester, England

Prosfree gym in manchester, fun, fresh, well looked after, creative freedom

Consworking hours working all day and all night and all the next day without any sleep on jeremy kyle every week was just crazy. i think they should bring in a night team so we are more fresh for studio. wages less than mini wage with the hours we work. no career development

Great place to work

ProsFriendly people, clear strategic direction from the board who work hard to ensure it is communicated to all levels of the company so people understand their role

ConsI don't have any cons

Great projects, worth a freelance contract or two.

Production - ITV Studios (Former Employee)

ProsHousehold name, get to contribute to some great projects and work with colleagues very passionate about television. Southbank is a wonderful building to work in and some roles get to use Apple computers.

ConsExtremely awkward internal business systems, no career development and salaries 15% below market rates. Handful of people in key management positions have worked for ITV companies 20+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer development, despite all the rhetoric from the board room, does not exists at ITV.

Mundane

Post Production Bookings Assistant (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGood team environment
    Decent working hours Mon - Fri

ConsExpected to work overtime without extra pay
    Poor training
    In house promotions limited

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more current staff for promotions rather than outsiders who don't know the business

Good people and culture, poor pay

Commercial Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

Prosnice working environment, friendly co-workers, good locations, good long term company benefits

Conspoor pay in comparison to competitors, difficult organisational structure makes processes frustrating

Frustration!

Producer (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe people! When technology brakes down or clients are annoying it's the people there that pull you through and put a smile on your face.

ConsToo many bad decisions made by upper management. No time given for changes to take effect. Too many re-structures that are never allowed to settle. Not much scope for thinking outside the box. Impossible to get new projects off the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more innovative and take more creative risks! Especially in digital...

Worked for ITV? Contribute to the Community!