ITV Reviews

Updated 9 September 2014
3.5

ITV Chairman Archie Norman
Archie Norman

A great place to thrive personally and professionall

Current Employee - Assistant Producer  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Assistant Producer in London, England

I have been working at ITV full-time for less than a year

Pros

With a very satisfactory work-life balance, meritocratic office culture and a very broad training infrastructure, ITV provides all the requirements for a professional fulfillment.

Cons

While the entry-level compensation may seem a bit lower that what could be seen elsewhere, there is a steady and fair review and increase in salary in proportion to time spent there.

Be a little more active in recruitment - ITV is a great company to work for, but it is hard to find the job postings

Restructure, restructure, restructure, oh and another restructure

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at ITV full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great brand, decent product, free average tasting coffee, in growth phase,

Cons

Little autonomy, clandestine senior management, no thought or care for staff, no room for growth or development, don't reward high performers, training and development needs are not considered, environment similar to a communist state, severe lack of direction & actual work from senior management around the day to day department work loads, forced good people out of the business because senior management felt threatened (personal opinion).

Get department heads to lead and manage rather than focus on managing upwards.

You come for the work but stay for the people!

Former Employee - Producer  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Producer in London, England

I worked at ITV full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people! Everybody is very helpful and supportive and even the top brass have time for a chat. Also, you do get to work on some interesting projects and do get to put your personal stamp on things. Also, great working setup with everybody using Macbook Airs and Gmail meaning you can work pretty much from everywhere.

Cons

Too much confusion of strategy and goals both long term and short term. Teams gets shuffled around or even disbanded every six months or so. Has always had a really hard time settling on a digital strategy. Excuse is always that digital changes so rapidly but most of the time, the confusion, chaos and constant re-orgs comes simply from management not being wiling to choose a strategy and give it amble time to settle in.

Be more pro-active about changes in the digital landscape and less re-active. Allow things to settle and take some more creative risks from time to time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very friendly environment and loads of great shows to work on

Former Employee - Assistant Online Editor  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Assistant Online Editor in London, England

I worked at ITV as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly working environment across all the different teams for different shows.
    You get to meet different celebs when working across the morning shows at southbank.
    The teams are well organised and hard working, getting all the day to day jobs done efficiently.

Cons

Can get boring easily with the same work load on a day to day basis (projects arent varied enough).
    Working equipment (mainly the windows computers) are very outdated or were when I was working there.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at ITV full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very Friendly & Flexible environment. Easily approachable senior management.

Cons

Make things complex than required. Some times personal agendas take priority and as a result fail to make right decisions for the company.

Thanks for all your efforts with the transformation program. Put some more effort to cut the bureaucracy

A profitable company going from strength to strength... Shame salaries don't reflect this.

Current Employee - Storyliner  in  Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Storyliner in Manchester, England

I have been working at ITV full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people. Some of the finest, most creative minds you could work with.

Cons

Personal development takes far longer here than it should - some roles feel almost unattainable until someone dies or retires!
    Salaries aren't great either - in comparison with BBC and Channel 4.

Please review salaries for those in creative roles - how can it be deemed fair that a storyliner (who creates, crafts and writes stories for some of the network's most profitable shows) is paid LESS than a PA for example? Salaries as a whole are far lower than our indie counterparts and I fear we are losing talented staff as a result as they are lured away to other networks and production companies for more money.

extremely rewarding

Current Employee - Continuity Producer  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Continuity Producer in London, England

I have been working at ITV full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone knows who ITV are, room for progression. Extremely rewarding got to work on some massive projects including the 2013 rebrand.

Cons

Sometimes there is lack of communication between departments and other third parties connected to ITV which can be extremely frustrating to get the job done.

more benefits

Fun and satisfying, until anything goes wrong

I worked at ITV as a contractor

Pros

Good people, great location and plenty of opportunity

Cons

Blame culture prevalent throughout - any issues or failures became a race to point fingers

Fix problems first, assign blame second

Active, hard-working and proffesional, plus a tad of stress

Current Employee - Content Control  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Content Control in London, England

I have been working at ITV full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy my job, as I am lucky enough to meet some famous faces, some of which I grew up watching on TV, I know the work that I do will directly affect millions of people on a daily basis, I enjoy being a part of entertaining the nation. Plus were an international company, with loads of opportunities to go global.

Cons

Some negatives include; the full on working enviroment, all of the time. Not much time off, due to the full on working enviroment and also when everything goes belly up, we have to start all over again. I don't like telling celebrities they have to do a piece of content all over again :(

Ensure staff do get there time off, because we need it!

Irrelevant (2010-2011)

I worked at ITV as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Tries hard to become value for money for investors

Cons

Does not invest into innovation, British talent or quality.

Cutting the workforce and demanding staff to become more efficient at their jobs does not make you a market leader. Be a leader in making quality programming rather than lowest common denominator shows and be a leader in investing into quality rather than seeking cheap shortcuts.

Worked for ITV? Contribute to the Community!