Imagination Technologies

Imagination Technologies CEO and Director Hossein Yassaie

Hossein Yassaie

Pleasant Experience, but lacking substance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsExcellent team work environment (at least in my office)
    Company with strong leading presence in the market
    Opportunity to work with current and next generation graphics

ConsPay increase not properly explained, shares scheme takes too long and not currently paying out, job opportunity seemed exciting but turned out into boring projects most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementClarify pay increase

good working place, can be better

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsIt is a freindly environment. geat people to work with. Location is good, easily accessed by public transportation.

Consnot very clear career path. The hierarchy in the company seems frozen. Maybe have to stay in the pose for quite few year.

Flexible environment with interesting work for those who seek it

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsThe open environment amongst engineers together with the breadth of activity provides a technically exciting atmosphere. Technical discussions are easy and information can be sought from other parts of the company with no barrier. Any active interest is never discouraged.
    There are many able and skilled engineers.
    The new building is excellent, furnished to a high standard. The canteen provides good quality food with a lot of variety.

ConsThe open culture between engineers is adapting to change due to expansion. The company has expanded rapidly and some of the infrastructure is still adapting. The expansion makes career paths somewhat unclear however it does provide opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company expands, be sure not to lose sight of the many great engineers working for you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company to work at, but not much better than the average in the industry

Leading Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

Prosrelaxed environment, with reasonably flexible hours
    potentially interesting work if you are lucky enough
    The social club and the canteen are a good bonus

Conslow salaries especially for people living in london
    The company grew fast and has not adapted to its new size. Thus its disorganized and the management from team leaders and above is below average

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not really a manager, but the Cons say it all. so try to fix them. The amount of human time and potential wasted in the company is embarrassing

good

Leading Design Engineer (Former Employee) Kings Langley, England

Prosnice environment and nice people

Consmicro management from senior manager

Advice to Senior Managementstop micro management

Nice environment, badly orginised

Graduate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsImagination is a nice environmenment to work in with flexible work hours. There are good engineers and you are in the heart of technology.

ConsLow salaries, very badly organised (it is a mess) probably because they have enjoyed a sudden growth. You either are lucky and fit or not. the flexible working hours turn out to be long hours...

Advice to Senior ManagementYour engineers is the company's value. Start treating them like this.

Great excepted for the salary and benefits

Graduate RTL Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsFriendly people, exciting company philosophy, it is really interesting to work there. The company is leader on the GPU for mobiles market, and so the projects are amazing. Not too much pressure from the hierarchy, we can feel really involved in the company achievements.

ConsSalary is really low, compared to the market rate. Benefits are quite low: share awards are really unfair as you are not even sure to get a bonus. Health insurance is just basic and could be way better.
    The location is not great but not bad either, nothing to do about it.

Feel like I'm working for best in UK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsConstant change, innovation really believed in, not just paid lip service to, super people, interesting technology areas such as graphics, video, audio plus consumer brand Pure, which adds whole other aspect to company

ConsConstant change, no coasting, not that many peers to go to in UK after having been at Imagination - all look like a step down.

A very broad, challenging and interesting place to work, with a very good work ethic.

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsSurrounded by some fantastic engineers.
    Develop leading technology across multiple fields so numerous interesting projects to be part of / learn about.
    Growing very rapidly so opportunities for career development as teams have to scale.
    Very exciting times as the company becomes more well known and talked about.
    Invests heavily in its employees so its not a company people want to leave.

ConsAs above, the company is growing very rapidly and its difficult to get the people the company needs. This affects employees but is also not necessarily something the company do a great deal about.
    Office space is a little problematic at times, but this will be resolved as numerous new buildings are under construction.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is doing a lot of interesting things, make sure that all employees are aware of them since, like the company meeting, they inspire and motivate people a lot.

Very engineering driven, working on some of the most exciting products in the world with a great culture.

Leading Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England

ProsThe culture is an open one where you're encouraged to work closely with any engineer in any department in any team at any time, to get the right expertise and input into your work so you can do a great job. Nobody is off limits, including the CEO and architecture team, and we work on some of the most exciting and popular consumer electronics on the market, so the satisfaction in seeing people enjoy your work is everywhere.

ConsThere are some growing pains as the company adds staff quickly, and the existing buildings are becoming cramped.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the engineers lower in the company know that you appreciate their hard work.

Worked for Imagination Technologies? Contribute to the Community!