Imperial Tobacco
www.imperial-tobacco.com Bristol, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Imperial Tobacco Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014
Imperial Tobacco – “Imperial Tobacco Head Office”

Alison Cooper

Job for Life... I thought they were a thing of the past

Telemarketing Senior (Current Employee)
Bristol, England

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco full-time for less than a year

ProsI've only been with Imperial Tobacco for a few months, In that time i've seen the companies core values every day. It's one big Family, they are one of the very few companies left that want you to do well. I'm really happy here and I hope to grow within the company, The Tobacco Industry is one of the most honest industries to work in.. And I love it when a friend or family member challenges me about it.

ConsOnly 1 but it is being worked on - Reporting System for Telemarketing needs some help askit needs a Jump start!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Family feel the same, don't ever forget that people work so hard because how they are cared for by ITUK.

A fantastic employer

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAn exciting role with lots of autonomy - outstanding pay and rewards - work hard - play hard - challenging but really engaging - lovely values - great new office. This is one of the best employers I have worked for and would absoloutley recommend to anyone

ConsThe tobacco market decline - work life balance can be a bit off at times. Noy everyone is on-board with the drive for sucess and are coasting

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the family feel in a big organisation

The Best Employer You Will Ever Find!

IT Service Delivery (Former Employee)

I worked at Imperial Tobacco full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGenerous salary and benefits, a sense of belonging extremely supportive and friendly, I had 15 very happy years there.

ConsNone I really cant think of any cons

Great Company

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAutonomy, Engaged team. Pleanty of challenge but the ability to get things done and to have fun doing it despite being a controvercial industry. If you come to work here you will be pushed and challenged - but well rewarded. Having worked in other industries, if things get me down, I just think about how much better it is being here!

ConsCan take a long time to get things done in terms of decisions. Very few cons in my view working in this business

Advice to Senior Management-

Very friendly, best employer I had

IT Analyst (Former Employee)
Bristol, England

I worked at Imperial Tobacco full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat no-nonsense managers
extremely generous pension
work-life balance
very little employee turnover - no fear of failing though some are simply stuck in their ways. Overall it's more a pro than con as it contributes to a very nice atmosphere.

ConsI wish they had a London office so I could still work there :)

A superb employer

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco

ProsI have never woken up in the morning and not wanted to go to work! A bold statement however it is true. Imperial Tobacco UK is superb employer.
I don't work in HR this is honest feedback.

ConsOther people’s attitude towards the tobacco category. Anyone joining the company should expect some people in their lives to take a dim view of their new career. However as an employee you very quickly realise that you only sell and market tobacco products to adults who choose to smoke, so there is nothing to be ashamed of. Tobacco is a legal product and adults in the UK should have a right to buy it if they so choose.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstandable budget cuts will always be accepted in times of recession; however there is still considerable waste within the organisation that should be reduced. This would allow for the redirection of funds towards forward thinking sales and marketing opportunities.

Solid company to work for

Price & Forecast Analyst (Current Employee)
Oosterhout, North Brabant (Netherlands)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay and career outlook (long and stable with a promotion after after a few years). Family type company, very forgiving and room to nourish and grow skills.

ConsPay is normal within the tobacco industry. Key competitors are more red than this blue company, which is a disadvantage. Lack of cutthroat attitude makes the company always running one step behind. Colleagues are with the company for a long time and will still be there (blocking outlook to promote upwards).

Advice to Senior ManagementA plan to achieve business targets is not enough. Create a vision that people can rally for.

Credit analyst

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Imperial Tobacco as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat workplace, fun people. The job is fun, especially if you like arguing and being in contact with costumers ( commercial ).

ConsIt's certainly not good for your karma. Some tasks are very repetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalking about business growth without addressing public health issues is a bit ostrich-like. Maybe showing a bit more consideration, overall, for the big picture would help with the business culture.

Neutral with pluses place to work

Brand Manager (Former Employee)
Kiev (Ukraine)

I worked at Imperial Tobacco full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood atmosphere, friendly people, balanced

Conslack of innovations, kind of soviet

The perfect way to improve your Knowledge in HR - This is a good company to work with

INTERNATIONAL Human Resources MANAGER (Current Employee)
Paris (France)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco

ProsA very active working area with a large opportunity to develop your competencies.

Need a hight level of dedication and proactivity

ConsSometime this dedication and the way you need to work very quickly at a hight standard doesn't give you a perfect balance between professionnal life et personnal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Top management team is always looking to optimize the level of communication, and feedback

Worked for Imperial Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Imperial Tobacco reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Imperial Tobacco CEO Alison Cooper. All 11 reviews are posted anonymously by Imperial Tobacco employees.