Imperial Tobacco

www.imperial-tobacco.com

Imperial Tobacco Reviews

Updated Jun 07, 2014
Imperial Tobacco – “Imperial Tobacco Head Office”

Alison Cooper

Great company

Analyst (Current Employee) Bristol, England

Prosgreat culture, expertise and vision

Conscould improve in communication and procedures

Great company to work for if you like a challenge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bristol, England

ProsWorking environment is good, demanding roles but lots of support available if you choose to use it

ConsBenefit package is better than some other companies, but could be better

Great money terrible and repetitive work

Retail Development Executive (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat salary and other benefits and great people to work with.

ConsPoor management, face fits right job, bullying by managers, nepotism is rife

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote best performers and invest in your people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job for Life... I thought they were a thing of the past

Telemarketing Senior (Current Employee) Bristol, England

ProsI've only been with Imperial Tobacco for a few months, In that time i've seen the companies core values every day. It's one big Family, they are one of the very few companies left that want you to do well. I'm really happy here and I hope to grow within the company, The Tobacco Industry is one of the most honest industries to work in.. And I love it when a friend or family member challenges me about it.

ConsOnly 1 but it is being worked on - Reporting System for Telemarketing needs some help askit needs a Jump start!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Family feel the same, don't ever forget that people work so hard because how they are cared for by ITUK.

A fantastic employer

Manager (Current Employee) Bristol, England

ProsAn exciting role with lots of autonomy - outstanding pay and rewards - work hard - play hard - challenging but really engaging - lovely values - great new office. This is one of the best employers I have worked for and would absoloutley recommend to anyone

ConsThe tobacco market decline - work life balance can be a bit off at times. Noy everyone is on-board with the drive for sucess and are coasting

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the family feel in a big organisation

The Best Employer You Will Ever Find!

IT Service Delivery (Former Employee) Bristol, England

ProsGenerous salary and benefits, a sense of belonging extremely supportive and friendly, I had 15 very happy years there.

ConsNone I really cant think of any cons

Great Company

Sales (Current Employee) Bristol, England

ProsAutonomy, Engaged team. Pleanty of challenge but the ability to get things done and to have fun doing it despite being a controvercial industry. If you come to work here you will be pushed and challenged - but well rewarded. Having worked in other industries, if things get me down, I just think about how much better it is being here!

ConsCan take a long time to get things done in terms of decisions. Very few cons in my view working in this business

Advice to Senior Management-

Very friendly, best employer I had

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Bristol, England

Prosgreat no-nonsense managers
    extremely generous pension
    work-life balance
    very little employee turnover - no fear of failing though some are simply stuck in their ways. Overall it's more a pro than con as it contributes to a very nice atmosphere.

ConsI wish they had a London office so I could still work there :)

Money driven forget about the people (Avoid).

Sales (Current Employee)

Pros-Friendly staff.
    -Good organisation of the company.
    -Good track record.
    -Salary is good.
    -HAD an attitude of put their staff First.
    -If u want to dedicate your life to Imperial Tobacco then progression is a option.

Cons-All about the money, in the process they will eat there own staff to achieve this.
    -Feels like your owned by the company from the moment you join.
    -Greedy.
    -Set unrealistic goals.
    -Goals keep changing.
    -Boys club enviroment.
    -Due to the way the company works, senior staff have no CARE for staff,
    -The whole atmosphere is extremely NEGATIVE.
    -If IMPERIAL TOBACCO was a person I reckon they would sell their mothers but only if they made a profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your people that work for you. Dont treat us as battery hens.

A superb employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bristol, England

ProsI have never woken up in the morning and not wanted to go to work! A bold statement however it is true. Imperial Tobacco UK is superb employer.
    I don't work in HR this is honest feedback.

ConsOther people’s attitude towards the tobacco category. Anyone joining the company should expect some people in their lives to take a dim view of their new career. However as an employee you very quickly realise that you only sell and market tobacco products to adults who choose to smoke, so there is nothing to be ashamed of. Tobacco is a legal product and adults in the UK should have a right to buy it if they so choose.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstandable budget cuts will always be accepted in times of recession; however there is still considerable waste within the organisation that should be reduced. This would allow for the redirection of funds towards forward thinking sales and marketing opportunities.

Worked for Imperial Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!