InBev

InBev – Leuven – “HQ”

InBev CEO Carlos Brito

Carlos Brito

Not for human...

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at InBev full-time

ProsOwnership, shared individual targets working on the same projects
Result focused
Critical projects are delivered on time
Compensation: if considering together with bonus is quite competetive

ConsForget about personal life. Many cases when people lost their families due to long hours at work and stress
You need to be a hawk / eagle to abuse others showing that you're great owner for being promoted
Bonus now is only for top performers in WEZ and it's not transparent at all
Brazilians are on prefferance

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as asset, not only those selected ones (band 4 and below)

Procurement Russia

Procurement Manager (Current Employee)
Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at InBev full-time

ProsIf you need to breakthrough in your career and you are ready to work long hours and if you are a fighter it is a right place to be, very result driven. Company does not look at your age you can be promoted if you bring results even if you are young. Hope things will improve with an arrival of Stuart(Zone President )

ConsLots of burrocracy, Standards working not for everyone. Industry is down which is translated into employers mood. People are not a value but resource, if you are not efficient then you are out. No bonus 3rd year. Very stressfull work ( procedures grow at the samee time less people each year due to optimisation)

Advice to Senior ManagementChallenge should be but they should be not impossible to achieve, don't take Global's challenges, so we have unachieveble targets again. Dont overinvest in management trainees. Decrease burrorcacy in finance department.

Getting worse...especially since Brito tookover!

Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
Riverside, CA (US)

I have been working at InBev full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere is always work. If you are the type of person who enjoys working for the sake of working, come here. The only good thing I can say is that this company will give you work and more work. If you are the ruthless type, you will fit in here. This company is not for the faint hearted.

ConsThe pay. We are going to do more and get paid less. This company has lowered quality and I suspect this will cause it to lose more business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us like humans.

Good people, bad pay

Group Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InBev full-time for more than a year

Pros- Amazing people
- Free beer

Cons- High Turnover
- Long hours for little pay
- No interest on being competitive in the job market, rather their focus is on replacing people quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to retain people in the company. You will safe money in training and the knowledge acquired will remain in the company.

3,5 years in accounting leader role in shared service center

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InBev full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe main product obviously creates an interesting accounting background, able to create good environment

ConsForced carrier paths, inconsistent decisions with culture that is emphasized daily
Cost reduction on a very high level with no efficiency

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on real skills and accountable/professional leaders

review

Treasury Analyst (Current Employee)
Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at InBev full-time for more than a year

Prosworking environment 5+, free beer:)

ConsThe salary and benefits should be better..

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great problems to solve, not so great work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at InBev

ProsTough problems that need solving based on engineering, lots of room to grow within company. Great benefits included of all, even non-union

ConsHaving to deal with union workers every day was pretty abysmal. Lots of hours and lots of expected Over time

Good

Campus Ambassador (Former Employee)
Lille (France)

I worked at InBev

ProsVery strong culture of ownership and great top management, which is easily accessible unlike in the other vast organizations. Plus, they produce beer!

Consremote office locations, stuck with only one product, sharing of the rooms during the business trips, long working hours, and not many much more.

Advice to Senior Managementjust keep on doing what are doing the best and work more on Branding because it will be the key in future

Tough culture - focus on compensation only

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at InBev

ProsCompensation is second to none and long term incentives are extremely good. You'll get rich at this company if you stay for 10 years.

ConsVery tough culture. No work-life balance. Long hours. Sacrifice long term gains for short term benefits. Tough to manage with 6 P&L's and no global power.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter understand the US corporate culture in order to make it successful. Be more willing to focus on long-term benefits rather then short term wins.

Not for everyone but I LOVED IT

Ex Finance Director (Former Employee)

I worked at InBev

ProsFast changing environment, new and more demanding challenges on a regular basis - you really need to keep up with the pace or you just wont cope and either leave or "be restructured"

Great financial rewards (I was at Director level when we were maxing out on results)

Great development opportunities - not in a formalised way but "on the job" / "sink or swim" stuff which I appreciate isn't for everyone.

ConsUnless you have the right boss, work / life balance can be a joke.

Development can be to other roles that are outside of your comfort zone which can obvioulsy be a good thing but sometimes the leap is too far;

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving the share price.
Provide more opportunities to non-Brazilians
Change the formula for Bud in Europe - it is cr;p

Worked for InBev? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InBev reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for InBev CEO Carlos Brito. All 38 reviews are posted anonymously by InBev employees.