InBev

InBev – Leuven – “HQ”

InBev CEO Carlos Brito

Carlos Brito

Not for everyone but I LOVED IT

Ex Finance Director (Former Employee)

ProsFast changing environment, new and more demanding challenges on a regular basis - you really need to keep up with the pace or you just wont cope and either leave or "be restructured"

Great financial rewards (I was at Director level when we were maxing out on results)

Great development opportunities - not in a formalised way but "on the job" / "sink or swim" stuff which I appreciate isn't for everyone.

ConsUnless you have the right boss, work / life balance can be a joke.

Development can be to other roles that are outside of your comfort zone which can obvioulsy be a good thing but sometimes the leap is too far;

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving the share price.
    Provide more opportunities to non-Brazilians
    Change the formula for Bud in Europe - it is cr;p

hard work, great brands, great learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people
    opportunities to develop
    fantastic brands
    fast-paced environment
    good fun

Conspay below market rate, often no bonus and few benefits
    high turnover
    ruthless focus on costs
    poor work/ life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in good people and try keeping them, instead of becoming a training ground for your competitors

Challenging, fast paced exciting but you need to produce or you are out

Director Human Resources (Former Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsGreat industry, lots of fun at times. Very focused senior team that is willing to stick with the plan. Tons of learning opportunities to take advantage of. Results driven - can also be a "con".

ConsSometimes, those in charge would decide on the fly without all the facts. Very fast paced and that kind of environment is not for everyone. No recognition if you are not one of the chosen ones or if you are not Brazilian.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so ready to toss out solid performers. Not everyone will be a VP. Additionally, take care of the people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

People good

Group Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFree beer given to employees

ConsNo promotion opportunitites exist at company

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to front line managers

Its expierence, Brito is ruthless

Electrician/Process Control (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsBargaining unit gives you time to brace yourself for a up coming rough ride in contract negotiation; this i am thankful for. Good expeirence with technical skills. supervisors are good to work with for most part, upper managment is different story. Kind of like the government, they are so dissconnected from the people they are supposed to support.

Conslearn how company hierarchy works. Learn how managment promotions are givin to those who lack expierence. Be prepaired to learn on your own; managment doesnt even know there own job because they are moved around so much; cant blame them, they are in the same boat.

Advice to Senior Managementwhy advise, you already know everything.....right?

bumpy ride but always challenging

Prosgood ahtomosphere, mostly good colleagues, challenges

Consline managers can be blocking you from having a perfect environment... need to work really a lot more compared to other companies. olny recommended for those who love challenging places

Good for young employees willing to re-locate often and work long hours

ProsThe company is good at promoting young talent quickly through the ranks. They make a great recession resilient product and has a young workforce

Consterrible at employee retention. High management turnover. Bonus based structure which is good it pays out, but often targets are overstretched.

Fast Paced, result driven, focused and rewarding

Director (Former Employee)

ProsThe speed of change was great (if that is what you are looking for). Very focused agenda, stick to the plan and see it through. There were great opportunities if you were young and mobile. Engagement was a priority.

Consthe pace could get crazy - and as the company grew, too many processes and "alignment" needed. Slowed things down. Additional job opportunities would be scarce if you were middle aged. The company was very open about caring about young high potentials, and if you were someone who may not be identified for future roles, there was not much investment and you were considered a "blocker".

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your people and the decisions they make.

Run for cover

Marketing Coordniator (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsThe comapny was great to work for when it was Anhuser-Busch

ConsThey bought out the company I previously worked for. Laid off tons of people. Including employees that worked for AB for over 15yrs and did their job afficently. I was one of the last to get laid off in my department. However, with each lay off came a younger and more incompitant replacement. They would take recent college grads and young proffs with 1-2yrs when clearly more experienced was needed. The only reasoning I could come up with was with talking to a few of the new employees their salaries were conciderably lower than the previous. Point being this: hard work will NOT be rewarded and once you start to aquire experience and will be deserving of a pay raise you will be replaced by someone younger to cut costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your current employees with a job well done not a compasation package and boot out the door. Simply for the fact that you just bought and took over one of their companies

Inbev, the ruthless business model.

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay rates, Medical health cover.

ConsIntimidation is the main tool used by management at inbev. Managers life within the company is between 12 and 24 months before dismisal.
    No training for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntimidation and bullying will get you nowhere. Lack of investment in your employees will cost you dearly in the long run.

Worked for InBev? Contribute to the Community!