Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros:
  • "Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night"
    in 36 reviews
  • "Open work culture, emphasis on innovation and good learning oppurtunities"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work hours are brutal with no work-life balance"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Hard work and varied with great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInformatica has some great people to work with and for.

ConsBecause of the aspirations of Informatica major demands are made on work life balance, this is more common outside of the US region.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts not always about forging on, sometimes halt, take stock and then move.

A short experience with some good people

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome good managers who have been here for over 10 years. Good technical knowledge.

ConsI did not feel customers were treated properly. Teams under pressure to meet sales target and work in silos.
The strategy speech sounded like an old record.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to think strategically and hire some fresh faces in Sales very "senior" management. This company could do better after all these years delivering the same story.

Flag Review

Informatica Vice President International Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 15, 2014

Thanks for your comments - we really do appreciate the insight!

Great place to work for.

Sales (Current Employee)
Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time

ProsAmbitious: Want to be a $3 Billion Dollar Company
Relaxed atmosphere
Directors approachable, Door open policy.
Work/Life balance right. Rarely work long hours.
Sports and Social Club
C Level, very communicative.
Plenty of training
Excellent product.

ConsCompany has been successful and has led to them carrying some 'dead weight'. Often wonder 'what that person actually does in their job?'
Some Departments/People haven not changed in the past 5/10 years, no drive for them to change despite the company moving forward.
Departments need to be more streamlined, too many .
Only career opportunities when the company is doing well.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview all staff, see what they actually do and don't wait until Informatica have a wobble again.

Good place to work as you are supported by management and given freedom to work at your best

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsRespected brand.
Management and staff are easy to work with.
Mistakes are quickly remedied.
Does not seem to be much of a blame game when things go wrong but rather a learning culture.

ConsMarketing budgets can be constrained.
Sometimes frustratingly slow engineering cycles and feature updates.
UK head office is remote.
Needs to reinvigorate the energy of the team as it can feel stale in comparison to other technology companies.

Perfect place for career development

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou have lot of options for a career growth and good thing is that, the Managers are very approachable and they support you a lot!!

ConsNothing on a major scale..!

Overall good place to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance is pretty good here. Relaxed and understanding management. The company has senior management with a great vision.

ConsCareer opportunities are relatively less in some locations. You have to be careful about asking what you need.

Work Culture

Senior Inside-Sales Representative (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Informatica full-time for less than a year

ProsVery relaxed and appreciated for your work. Its a great place to work for if you have the proper co-operating team

ConsBe careful on the what the company promises you for. If you are not sure open up and speak. You will be surprised at times

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat and smart CEO.He is taking the company places... a very successful company in short span

Informatica, a happy workplace

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Informatica

ProsI find the job itself challenging as it offers the opportunity to work with many different operating systems and databases. The team I work in is top notch and for that reason again it is pleasant to work here as you know you are part of a team that achieves well. The benefits package seems pretty good and I feel that I am well paid for the job I do. I also find the role of support rather than administration a challenge and much more exciting than the unix/dba background I came from. We also get more recognition than most support teams I think, I do not know of other organisations that have a global support kick off each year, we've been to Paris, Beijing and Toronto and each time we go it is a total blast.

ConsIf I had to make a criticism it would be that I honestly do not know where I would go next. I am committed to remaining in support however I am not aware of another organisation where I would work with a similar breadth of technologies. Also, here we manage our cases from 'cradle to grave' as opposed to the traditional 1st, 2nd and 3rd line approach. If I were then to move to somewhere like that I would be stuck with either losing some of the technical depth I enjoy or alternately losing some of the customer contact, neither of which I would be happy with.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management in general are very good. I joined the company shortly before Sohaib took over the helm at Informatica and so have seen the changes he has wrought in the organisation. The change in direction from a batch based ETL vendor to the more real time focused Data Integration organisation we are now was a great move and one that has served us well.

Awesome experience

SE Intern (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica as an intern for less than a year

ProsI have been working as intern for last 4 months.Very helpful collegues,Technically challenging job,Good work culture,free lunch and diner.Managers are super cool,they give proper respect to each and every employee .. be it senior or junior

ConsPackage is less. Internship pay is also lesser compared to other companies which are at par.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Informatica is an Excellent Company to Work For.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

ProsPositive Work Environment. Career Growth Opportunities. Great People. Ideal Benefits. Nice Campus and General Location.

ConsNot as well known of a company as others in the Silicon Valley. Pay scale is more on the conservative side, but still reasonable.

Flag Review

Apr 15, 2014

Many thanks for your comments - I'm really pleased that you seem to be enjoying your time here at Informatica!

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Informatica CEO Sohaib Abbasi. All 261 reviews are posted anonymously by Informatica employees.