Informatica

Updated 17 December 2014
4.2

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 67 reviews)

• Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Huge data organisation with smart, experienced and passionate people. Global reach with customers in all sectors.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a huge amount of progression, and there are people in the business that care about it. They do everything they can to help you achieve things personally and professionally.

I am a consultant and for me learning new and exciting technologies from the smartest people is a key driver for me and Informatica has this and more. I have heard people don’t leave after they join, and I can see why. I can see myself being here for many many years.

They really look after you as an individual, GREAT Place to work

Cons

The company is huge and teams are dotted all over the world so it can be difficult to network and maintain a strong presence in the company.

Category leader in a hot market segment with huge upside potential and a clear vision and strategy to achieve success.

Current Employee - Area Sales Leader in London, England
    Current Employee - Area Sales Leader in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hot market driven by explosion of end user Analytics, Big Data, Data Governance, Internet of Things and the shift to Cloud Applications. Strong solutions and product propositions with GTMs aligned to industry imperatives. Supportive culture and genuine "can-do" attitude. A place where origination of new ideas is rewarded and encouraged. Sales compensation plans that are best in the industry and heavily reward over-achievement.

Cons

Transitioning from product selling to solution selling with the associated pains, but the results will be worth the effort.
    Immature vertical messaging and assets outside of Fin Serv - seen as an investment area for FY15.

Be more thoughtful about sales messaging, i.e. what we can sell today versus vision/roadmap messaging - which is about retaining our thought-leadership position in the market.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All staff are very friendly and want to help you.
    I have worked in many different companies but this is by far the most beautiful office with lots of space, plants and lights.
    All the work is done with a lot of fun in a relaxed atmosphere.
    There is table tennis in the office, gym with a pool is in a neighboring building, football is organized on Friday
    Work/Life is good. It is not expected from employees to work longer than normal hours.

Cons

There is not much to put here.

I love that style when employees are under pressure that managers trying to relax the atmosphere by making jokes and try in every way to help people. Please continue like this.

Fantastic new hire program and everyone is so helpful irrespective of your role! Just Fab!

Current Employee - Channel Sales Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Channel Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Three months in! 20+ years in the industry... Informatica have the best Sales development and New Hire program I have experienced.

Cons

None so far, Informatica investes heavily in supporting it's employees.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Director of Organization Effectiveness in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Informatica has a strong results culture combined with an environment where the majority of work gets done through relationships. This makes for a great experience if you are prepared to work hard and as part of a team, within a matrix structure. The company is on a growth trajectory and there are plenty of opportunities for career development and personal growth. Accompanying this growth comes continuous change, so adaptability and a growth mindset are qualities that set you up for success here.

Cons

Budgets and headcount are managed tightly, as they should be of course but sometimes this leads to some tough decisions around the prioritisation of resources and projects. In order to scale, the company is having to introduce more rigour around processes which some people might not like but this said, it seems to me that the company and people retain a desire to be flexible wherever possible.

Informatica is a great place to work and I feel we could do a better job of evangelising that. Because we are not a consumer brand, I believe we all have to work even harder to promote our employer brand. This is already a key area of focus for the HR leadership team but everyone in the company has a role to play in building and promoting our employer brand.

RMO

Current Employee - RMO in London, England
    Current Employee - RMO in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best company to work with. The management team always support you and encourage you. Each individual contribution valued by Managers and by management team.

Cons

It is a world wide organisation and it is challenging to meet everyone.

I think our management team is aware of the challenges and they are continuously working towards it.

Agility of a start-up with the stability of a proven enterprise $1Bn tech leader

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Real breadth of market-leading technology and services in hot market space. Great latitude to get on and do your job including support to try new ideas and approaches. Lots of resources to support going to market. Great selling environment with significant earnings opportunity.

Cons

Marketing and industry messaging not as mature as those coming from larger enterprise businesses may be used to, but this is recieving attention and investment.

Simplify organisation structure to achieve greater alignment and more effective go to market.

Leading, dynamic, engaging, vibrant!

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Supremely forward looking organisation that feels like a small company in culture and attitude and buzz, but equally at home in the market with the large software companies. The management work as a team in a common direction.

Cannot fault training, perks and benefits. All aspects considered, above market rate have been employed at some of the largest global IT/Software companies. Company values and work-life balance are good and fair.

You can make a difference

Cons

Resourcing - never enough people to get everything done. But, often the case in a dynamic growing organisation.

Great opportunity to work for a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have a great manager, who lets me get on with my work without checking in. The products I'm working on are best of breed, which makes selling them that much easier. Compensation is much better than my previous position

Cons

Offices in the UK are in White Waltham, which is only accessible with a car and, while the London office is in a great location, it is a bit old and in need of attention. On boarding training on the products could have been better.

Relocate the London office to a more modern building and get the on boarding training more streamlined.

The people make it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Leadership from Senior Management - you will be encouraged to succeed and grow within the company if you step up and put the effort in. Colleagues support each other, the people really are key at Informatica.

Cons

You need to manage your own work/life balance carefully, as is the case with all companies where HQ is on a different time zone.