Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night(in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)(in 9 reviews)

Hard work and varied with great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsInformatica has some great people to work with and for.

ConsBecause of the aspirations of Informatica major demands are made on work life balance, this is more common outside of the US region.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts not always about forging on, sometimes halt, take stock and then move.

Great place to work for.

Sales (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsAmbitious: Want to be a $3 Billion Dollar Company
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Directors approachable, Door open policy.
    Work/Life balance right. Rarely work long hours.
    Sports and Social Club
    C Level, very communicative.
    Plenty of training
    Excellent product.

ConsCompany has been successful and has led to them carrying some 'dead weight'. Often wonder 'what that person actually does in their job?'
    Some Departments/People haven not changed in the past 5/10 years, no drive for them to change despite the company moving forward.
    Departments need to be more streamlined, too many .
    Only career opportunities when the company is doing well.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview all staff, see what they actually do and don't wait until Informatica have a wobble again.

Good place to work as you are supported by management and given freedom to work at your best

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsRespected brand.
    Management and staff are easy to work with.
    Mistakes are quickly remedied.
    Does not seem to be much of a blame game when things go wrong but rather a learning culture.

ConsMarketing budgets can be constrained.
    Sometimes frustratingly slow engineering cycles and feature updates.
    UK head office is remote.
    Needs to reinvigorate the energy of the team as it can feel stale in comparison to other technology companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect place for career development

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsYou have lot of options for a career growth and good thing is that, the Managers are very approachable and they support you a lot!!

ConsNothing on a major scale..!

Overall good place to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsWork life balance is pretty good here. Relaxed and understanding management. The company has senior management with a great vision.

ConsCareer opportunities are relatively less in some locations. You have to be careful about asking what you need.

Work Culture

Senior Inside-Sales Representative (Former Employee) London, England

ProsVery relaxed and appreciated for your work. Its a great place to work for if you have the proper co-operating team

ConsBe careful on the what the company promises you for. If you are not sure open up and speak. You will be surprised at times

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat and smart CEO.He is taking the company places... a very successful company in short span

Informatica, a happy workplace

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsI find the job itself challenging as it offers the opportunity to work with many different operating systems and databases. The team I work in is top notch and for that reason again it is pleasant to work here as you know you are part of a team that achieves well. The benefits package seems pretty good and I feel that I am well paid for the job I do. I also find the role of support rather than administration a challenge and much more exciting than the unix/dba background I came from. We also get more recognition than most support teams I think, I do not know of other organisations that have a global support kick off each year, we've been to Paris, Beijing and Toronto and each time we go it is a total blast.

ConsIf I had to make a criticism it would be that I honestly do not know where I would go next. I am committed to remaining in support however I am not aware of another organisation where I would work with a similar breadth of technologies. Also, here we manage our cases from 'cradle to grave' as opposed to the traditional 1st, 2nd and 3rd line approach. If I were then to move to somewhere like that I would be stuck with either losing some of the technical depth I enjoy or alternately losing some of the customer contact, neither of which I would be happy with.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management in general are very good. I joined the company shortly before Sohaib took over the helm at Informatica and so have seen the changes he has wrought in the organisation. The change in direction from a batch based ETL vendor to the more real time focused Data Integration organisation we are now was a great move and one that has served us well.

changed my definition of workplace, makes me want to work so much! great people!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgreat work-life balance ..flexible time offs.. good opportunity to grow..good compensation..friendly managers, free lunch and dinner..nice and intelligent people.. appreciation for work.. nice place to work in..great culture..

Conslearning curve, a lot of domain knowledge

Advice to Senior Managementjust hiring the right people is not enough, giving them the right training to begin with is necessary. promote an environment where people who have knowledge share that knowledge with others. mode of transfer of knowlege is immature. Lot of time and effort can be saved if collaboration is proper.

Informatica Sr HRBP responded to this review

Jul 25, 2014

Thanks for sharing your feedback and glad to see that you have a positive outlook about the company. While Tech talks and Innovation days are internal forums promoted within Informatica for ... More

Excellent Company and Promising Career

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPros:-
    1) Great Opportunities to learn and expand your career .
    2) Great products and strong focus on Customer success.
    3) Good benefits, work life balance.

ConsCompany is Growing and hence it will have its own share of impact on employees.
    But Growth is always good

Excellent experience and great work culture

Senior Leader (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Work Culture and fantastic people. Good work life balance and very senior leaders and managers

ConsThe company has to be more open between different groups in Bangalore and USA

Advice to Senior ManagementSharing more information with engineers is required to gain trust

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jul 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take your feedback seriously and its been noted and passed onto the right people. Thanks again and great to have you on the Informatica team

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!