Ingersoll-Rand

Ingersoll-Rand Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Ingersoll-Rand Chairman, President, and CEO Michael W. Lamach

Michael W. Lamach

Pros
  • As a huge company the benefits are decent and there is a fair work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• good benefits and the time off policies are pretty fair(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not easily found in current Ingersoll Rand business structure(in 11 reviews)

• Senior management does not have a clear vision for the future, earning distrust from the employees(in 12 reviews)

Great opportunities for growth!!

ProsGreat opportunities for career growth throughout the company. The company cares a great deal about their employees and long term growth and retention. Health conscience culture.

ConsWork life balance can be difficult, depending on the assignment. IT organization could use improvement, as tools offered to do business are not best in class.

Great Company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsThey treat their employees very well and will work with you if you need to relocate. They try to hold on to their employees. They have engagement surveys and employee appreciation days. Also, the benefits are great. You get a health savings account that they put money into if you perform certain tasks, The 401k plan is also really great and competitive.

ConsThey do not reprimand people who don't work as hard as others. One person in my department is constantly under where he/she should be, but nothing happens. She literally does less than half the work of most people on the team. I'd like to see them crack down more on people who aren't pulling their weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the metrics off your employees directly effect their salary. I have a feeling we all get pretty much around the same percentage for the annual raise. People who under-perform should not get raises. People who over preform and keep their numbers up should get a higher raise. You're sending a message where people think it's okay to slack off and let everyone else do the work because they don't have any consequences. The people who work hard realize this and feel they can't do anything about it because it will sound like complaining. It's a slippery slope, but nothing is done about it because our "team" metrics look good.

Great learning experience, but I'm glad I'm no longer there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ (US)

ProsWorking at Trane/ Ingersoll Rand was a great learning experience. I learned a lot during my time there, and I'm grateful for that. I had a wonderful relationship with just everyone that worked there. Most of the people were so good to work with.

ConsThe other 5% were not so good. Kind of ruined the experience for me dealing with some of the management as well as some of the hourly associates. That is what ultimately made me to decide to leave. I still miss a great deal of people there... But I'm glad I'm gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook within your organization to promote. Truly appreciate your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very fast paced, nice people, and good for people who are either just starting like I was, or mid-career level.

Receptionist/Bindery Clerk (Former Employee) Brea, CA (US)

ProsEverything was very organized, and the person who trained me was very friendly. This was only a temporary position for me, and I had a easy time learning the ins and outs of the company.

ConsThe warehouse was almost too big, with way too many employees for a receptions to keep track of in just a temporary position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training was great and I learned a lot from working at this company. I was in my very early twenties, and looking back, I learned quite a bit to get me ready for future employment.

Great opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to learn and grow. Good pay and benefits. Unlimited training for motivated employees.

ConsHigh turnover rate in salaried employees due to work life balance issues and company culture to relocate for upward mobility. Business run on a month to month basis and in functional silos.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign daily operations with long term strategic growth. Improve work life balance for performing employees.

A good place to call home

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Davidson, NC (US)

ProsEthics and Values are not just words, the great majority of people seem to be living by them. Pay and benefits are good. There is an effort to give employees a chance to succeed. Many locations to choose from and a variety of work options.

ConsWork life balance is not understood. To excel, you rarely can actually leave work behind for a day or week (or even night). There is this extreme focus on headcount versus achieving goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the "what's right" angel on your shoulder. She/He is doing a good job of keeping you on the right path. Be open to breaking down "the way we have always done it". Take some risks to be a different kind of company. We have the horsepower to make it happen.

Great restructuring experience

Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)

ProsFast-paced environment, great leaders, good tools, opportunities for career advancement

ConsTurnover in management made it difficult to build long-term relationships and manage my own career. Ingersoll Rand Europe VERY different from IR US

Advice to Senior ManagementSome European Executives need to understand the American concept of managing teams. A lot of micromanagement over there

Great Company - Good place to work

ProsGreat place to work. People are great to work with most of the time.

ConsHard to get a raise, unless you leave the company

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your people.

Great place to work. Treats you well.

Prosfair wage
    great co-workers
    good benefits and the time off policies are pretty fair

Conslimited opportunities to advance
    typical inter-department politics

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe try some type of team building between departments
    keep up the good work

Stable Work Life Balance place

Operations (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsIt functions largely like a big family mostly. Work life is balance and nice people around to help. Training is sufficient. Very conductive environment.

ConsPay not as competitive and not much developments in place

Advice to Senior ManagementPls continue with the work life balance concept and have more plans in place for keen employees

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!