Ingles Markets

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II

Robert P. Ingle II

Pros
  • Even as a part time employee, you have the potential to work full-time hours(in 6 reviews)

• Interaction with customers is a plus(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Rude customers (although that's everywhere in retail), sometimes difficult to get full time, lots of weekends(in 10 reviews)

• Low pay, low raises, & inconsistency with hours if you're a part time worker(in 10 reviews)

Very easygoing environment with good coworkers and management. Would be a great second job if someone needed extra money

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN (US)

ProsLaid back environment, pay not bad for grocery store work, management is approachable.

ConsRude customers (although that's everywhere in retail), sometimes difficult to get full time, lots of weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen more stores in the Knoxville, TN area

Lacking

Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC (US)

ProsFlexible hours if you having understanding management.
    Easy transferring to other job openings.

ConsYou have to lay down the law and guidelines for your hiring, otherwise they will ride you for as long as they possibly can. The pay is pretty horrid for the amount of work. Typical hourly job expectations and restrictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand people have a life outside of work. Working here as a younger person that isn't in it for much more than a paycheck, it's hard to gain anything useful out of it.

Grocery Stocker

Stock Clerk (Current Employee) Easley, SC (US)

ProsGood environment and good people to work with. Ample opportunities to get promotions, they are really flexible with your schedule if you are in school.

ConsScheduling could be hectic and past managers have been known to carry their personal problems to the work area.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the people that are doing their job and extra incentives on holidays would be nice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

has its perks

ProsHave always worked around my schedule.

ConsCorp doesn't understand the work load they send down to store level sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good stable work

Night Stock (Current Employee) Athens, TN (US)

ProsThis is a retail job with retail hours regardless of what shift or position you work. Ingles offers a stable workplace to learn basic skills or begin a new career. Ingles has a 401k that offers to match 50%. They have worked with me on my scheduling and if I need a weekend off they allow you to switch days with others to make it happen. I read a lot negative reviews about this company...Ingles has a whole is a great company however each location will be ran and operated differently...it.s up to you the employee to make it a good experience.

ConsAs I mentioned each location is different. Where I'm at the store management needs a reality check. Other than that...no complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's OK and good practice to be a part of your employees personal life. Get to know them...what makes them who they are...they're needs...they're aspirations. Management needs to tend to employees like crops in a garden...The more tending...weeding the better the overall outcome.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

decent job for high schoolers who need spending money until something better comes along

Service Clerk (Former Employee)

Prosnothing is really coming to mind.. i guess i had a few interesting conversations with customers. way more rude customers overall though

Consleadership is bad. manager's quote: "we will hire anyone with two teeth in their head" so naturally the turnover rate is high. you dont always get days off even when you ask well in advance. raises based on seniority not performance so very little incentive to work hard

Advice to Senior Managementsee cons list and fix stated issues

Ingles

ProsIts easy to get a job at Ingles and get started as a meat cutter and they will give the training.

ConsInsurance is terrible and the pay is bad. but you have to start somewhere.

Great First Time Job

Cashier (Former Employee) Dallas, NC (US)

ProsMeeting new people, learning new things, helping others

ConsCold, last minute hour changes

Good stepping stone for high school students.

Produce Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly co-workers & sweet customers.
    Flexible schedule

ConsLow pay, low raises, & inconsistency with hours if you're a part time worker.

Overall Good Company

ProsGood environment the company I feel usually treats people fairly.

ConsIt is still a supermarket with work schedules that include nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!