Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work(in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team(in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much(in 5 reviews)

Not a bad company to work for a little while - excellent benefit package but little career development / progression

Buyer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsBenefits - support - training programs.

ConsNo flexibility - low salary - routine - lots of corporate gossip - not an entrepreneurial culture.

Its a matter of time

Account Executive (Former Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsWonderful people (non management)
    compensation plan was ok got worse over the years
    Very good tech team

Consmicro management
    lack of training
    HR policies are very questionable
    Core values are not followed

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company seriously needs to look after their employees, after 10 years at Insight i was dismissed because they found a loop hole in the HR policies. If a manager doesnt like you then they will find anything to pin on you to get you out of the business. Quote from a director "if we want someone out we will get them out" clearly worked in my case. I think the SLT need to look a little deeper into the business and realise the reps are the ones keeping the business afloat.

Poor Management

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) London, England

ProsTraining around sales and that is the ONLY positive thing.

ConsPoor management with no direction what so ever. They keep handing out promo leaflets to call from. One day you are calling to sell HP printer and tell the client why HP is better than other, the next day you have to call the same client again and sell Epson or Dell and advise that why it is better than others.

They have hard time paying commission to their sales guys. You dont get any support from management. Within the last 2 years (2012-2014), more than 100 people have resigned due to poor management from their UK office. They micro-manage and do not let you sell your own way. You know your clients better, but they treat you like a kid.

If you pickup recent data about the growth of tech companies, Insight graph is going down. Its a shame to see a good company being mis-managed. They have let very good people go and have changed their way of operation from solution selling to call centre.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to treat adults like adults. You can guide them, but do not push them towards what your vendors want to sell

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great at the start, but little career progression.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Uxbridge, England

ProsOk benefits and nice people

ConsCareer progression and work life balance.

Lots of potential, however no Sales accoutability, paying half the industry commission rate will keep them mediocre!

Solutions Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsLots of things to sell!

ConsPoor work life balance, too many management changes, middle management is afraid to speak up and manage in fear of losing thier jobs. Poor at dividing territories to gain better market penetration, management will keep accounts vs doing what is best for the company. Many salary plan changes over the past 3 years which has been a continual downgrade.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet smart hold the AE's and Middle managment accountable for growing sales portfolio's, Many reps have accounts they do not work or call on, ie just passing electronic orders. Take away the bottom accounts from every rep, hire new reps on the commision that is already being paid out and penetrate the market.

Sales Solutions Rep

Sales Solutions Representative (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL (US)

ProsGood people to work with

ConsNo career developement, constant restructuring and reorganization

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some sort of career development program, change is good, but too much of a good thing can be bad.

It been a good experience at insight

ProsThey have good scheduling and work with you when you have family emergency. Everyone olis very helpful when you need help and they participate in volunteer work.

ConsOffice politics, no raises for a few years and when they did give a raise it was well below the average of other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch into merits and pay for employees.

Manager

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

Prosthere is no pros within Insight Service Team

Cons- No recognition for the hardwork
    - No communication from Top down

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make the decision call without any communication to your team.

Insight is getting better

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsAt HQ in Tempe, most of the teammates are very helpful. There are many fun activities.
     New PM and Marketing Management are upgrading tools so people can be more efficient.
     In those departments starting to provide more training and more career opportunities.
    Management open about goals and direction.

ConsPay scale is low and health benefits are not good.
    No on-going sales training and no accountability in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop consistent goals across organization. Each partner has goals with no tie to sales expectations.
    In PM, encourage cooperation instead of competition between teams.
    Continue to provide career training and opportunities.

Great

Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsExcellent company to work for.

ConsLots of emailing, but overall is good.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!