Insight Reviews

Updated 29 September 2014
2.8

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work (in 12 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team (in 10 reviews)

• Work/life balance is non-existent (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales

Current Employee - Sales  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone seems to think grass is greener somewhere else, it's not. The job is challenging no doubt but the upside is great

Cons

Always changing strategy, too much. I get it thought , they are trying to innovate and move with industry. There are cons on everything if you look hard enough. Overall the company wants to do well.

Lots of ppl there for a long time not carrying weight. AE there for 15 years and never hits quota? Why are they still there?

If you don't like the current team alignment just wait it WILL change, soon

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great teammates and solid middle management, where those on the front lines truly act as professionals and there is a strong desire to win as a team.

Cons

Practice development is fractured and confrontational to frontline teammates with some animosity between those that do and those that sell. While change is inevitable it sometimes seems that change here is done just to make a change.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Constant Technology Training
    Fun people to work with
    Good Industry to work for

Cons

Low Base Salary and somewhat unfair commission structure

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Go with Flow embrace change

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid baseline you can make a lot of money in sales but have to be willing to embrace change, you have to be willing to invest time to cross learn what services we do well and pull them into your approach t your client.
    Dont expect to have stuff handed to you you have to be the leader in your client relationship and to go to the right person in the organization to get the job done.

You have to MAKE the work/life balance, You make the $$$ you want to make,

Cons

Cons are in related to the pros, knowing whihc person to engage in tribal knowledge to get job done for client and insight.

realign the floor managers, Our sales manager are just number pushers they do not add to the sales temas for the most part. Reps do not need a floor manager to go on site with them when the floor manager doesnt even understand what the client does.
    Remove the roadblocks to the teams, we are one company. insight did not survive the .com bublle Y2K and the crash in 07/08 withut the employees standing fast with the company. we grew this together.
    Make remote systems better.

Misleading Company!

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Company talked a good game however once employed failed to live up to it.One they charge you 50.00 dollars every pay check for use of there truck to work for there company also you have to refill containers with your own water from home everyday.No money back for use of your water.Oh and they encourage sales but you have to police them for your commission if you get it at all.Also no one explains anything improper training and when it comes to your pay break down based on the jobs you did no ones knows nothing.They pay you what they want to pay you.This is just my experience. Basicly no pros. Morrisville NC

Cons

Everything that was said up top and more!!!!Sorry company starting with management on down.You work mon thru sat from 8 to 6 sometimes 7pm and still bring home 700.00 each pay period with no benefits or 401k nothing.SMH

Close the company down.He that cant follow cant lead!!

I'd reconsider heavily!

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

When you clock out, you're done and can enjoy personal life.

Cons

At Plano, TX office culture changed after Insight bought Software Spectrum. "Merit increases" were a joke. No way to move up or out from desk job.

Customer service oriented where support takes priority over development but lots of opportunity for both

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of positive energy that stems from the majority of the employees working in technical sales. Managed services is still in its infancy of product offerings but is a growing profit center for the company which means the spotlight is on us and how well we can deliver data center support to Insight and it's customers we support. Working on systems owned by multiple companies is challenging and you are always meeting new people. I am satisfied with my salary for the level of work performed.

Cons

Priorities get shifted, new clients have different standards or are lacking standards, and same goes for processes such as change management, root system access, and level of vendor support for the OS. Sometimes it seems chaotic and it is frustrating when support work gets in the way of project commitments, so requires being flexible and putting the customer's interests ahead of your own.

Keep up the meetings so we feel involved and have a voice for improving our future. Don't forget to invest in training and retaining the talent required for future sales of the latest infrastructure technologies.

Good Organization

I worked at Insight

Pros

Plenty of opportunity. Large projects. There are many locations to work at. The benefits are decent and seem to comparable to most average places.

Cons

Too many different directions. Salary is below average. Employer matching is very low (1%). Many projects tend to require extra work after hours

Invest in more career development.

Don't do it!

Former Employee - Secretary  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Secretary in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sick time was not regulated -- Could take a good bit off if needed. Was located in a beautiful city and great shopping nearby.

Cons

Everything -- No growth or promotion opportunities. Depressing culture and workplace; Benefits were not good.

Strive to put employees first.

Great people. Horrible management

I worked at Insight

Pros

Great people to work with. Management says all the right things.

Cons

Management is so clueless and disconnected as to what is happening in the company and what needs to be done. They keep talking about fixing it to prevent the turnover.

Stop taking away benefits. Start listening to your employees.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!