Insight Reviews

Updated 17 April 2015
239 reviews filtered by

1. It's fine for now

Current Employee - Coordinator in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Fine place to get your foot in the door

Cons

treat sales executives like children, no trust for employees, thinks having a pool table means they have company culture, stingy for a fortune 500 company

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on your bonuses and spend some money on support staff, vacation, and salaries

If you absolutely need a job for now but not a long term solution

I worked at Insight

Pros

I can't think of very many pros except for some of the people that I worked with.

Cellphone reimbursement but my role required accessibility at all hours of the day and night which limited work/life balance.

Cons

I am glad that I got an opportunity to work for Insight as I have learned how NOT to run a business. The company needs to focus on a singular directions (changes are announced one day and updated the next) and seriously consider having ethics training for ALL especially the senior leadership team (I have witnessed conversations that question the humanity of leadership). Turnover is horrible and there is not much to attract the talent with compensation and benefits lacking way behind similar companies.

Advice to Management

With the exception of the CTO, I would recommend starting over with a strong ethical strategic leadership team focus on driving innovation and sales growth. Reward talent and they will make a difference.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - SSR - Support Services Representative
    Former Employee - SSR - Support Services Representative

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great management.
    Flexible work schedules.
    Personal growth.

Cons

The pay should be higher.
    Lack of one on one meetings from direct supervisor.

Advice to Management

Don't let an employee feel left out.

5. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight

Pros

Comfortable work environment, good training department, very fair comp plan

Cons

Try to provide a better balance/mix of training and the normal day to day activities

Advice to Management

None

6. I have recommended

I have been working at Insight

Pros

There is room for advancement and it is a great team to work with.

Cons

Compensation is usually below industry standard.

RUN!!

Former Employee - Services Technician in Hanover Park, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Services Technician in Hanover Park, IL (US)

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- My department's management was VERY good about using time off for family related things (Doctor's appt, kid's things, etc).
    - Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

- Management engages in questionably un-ethical practices (out right lying to clients and potential clients)
    - Pay rate is TERRIBLE by industry standards.
    - No appreciation for the contributions of the employees.

Advice to Management

-Pay better.
    - Take some REAL ethics training courses!

Trying to evolve, but has a ways to go

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leader and expanding offerings and services capabilities provide Insight with great potential. Benefits are decent for a large corporation. They have recently added some more innovative benefits like an on-site health clinic and on-site health screenings to improve health consciousness among the teammates. They have a nice holiday party and some fun perks from the partners in the call center. Good management training programs for front line managers are provided, if you can find the time to attend. Onsite cafeteria at the Harl location, although it's overpriced and food isn't healthy or good. Free vendor food is common and better than the cafeteria food!

Cons

Constant change is strategy and senior leadership is often times short sighted, but in the name of growth. Constant change is particularly frustrating to the sales organization who's expectations, accounts, managers, etc are frequently changing. There is a tremendous lack of sales accountability and rigor. Sales training is poor and sales management, with some exceptions, is poor. The culture is deteriorating and morale is currently very low. Systems are very outdated, but there is a lot of work being done to improve in this area. Pay overall is below market average. Insight is trying to evolve into a modern day company, but still has a lot of school mentality which makes the shift difficult. Lots of silos and favoritism still exists. There is no empowerment and you need to go through a million approvals for the most basic and common sense things. Lots and lots of meetings. Very little respect for work/life balance or time off. You are expected to ALWAYS be accessible.

Advice to Management

Stop implementing so many major changes without thinking them thoroughly and getting reality checks from those on the front lines. Change is good, but constant and ongoing changes can be incredibly distracting. Create more accountability in the sales organization. Empower your managers and leaders. Being fiscally responsible is good, but you have over-pivoted at the expense of your teammates and the culture.

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall a great group of people to work with (at the contributor level). Several unique benefits (many free breakfasts if you work in the Harl office, tickets to sporting events, tchotchkes galore. Good time off once you have been there 3 years - but vacation time is use it or lose it so no carry-over and no payout when you leave.

Cons

You will be trapped in a cube that is as small as legally allowed. Management asks for the impossible and gives no thought into how you are expected to get it done. No career development. Minimal promotions (and those that are promoted are often done with no regard to actual skills).

Advice to Management

Invest in the resources that are needed to get the job done right. With all of the data issues that have plagued this company it is hard to believe that it can still do business.

No career path, can't go anywhere

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Looks good on resume, teammates are so unqualified it is easy to look good

Cons

There is no way to move up in the company and no type of career path, pay is below average and if anyone gets a yearly raise it might be $.10 an hour, there is absolutely no training and all the management is completely unaware of what they are doing and are only in their jobs because they have friends in upper management. Benefits are ridiculously expensive and it's literally joked about in staff meetings how underpaid the office workers are.

Advice to Management

Start hiring people that are actually qualified for their jobs, managers are literally hiring people that they know are unqualified and about to retire so that they know their jobs aren't at risk because they should clearly not have the position they do

11. Great overall experience

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Insight global really has put their work ahead of their personal lives. They were there on a drop of a hat and really helped me through the recruiting stage.

Cons

There were really no cons. Everyone was super nice and was there for you when ever you needed it.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on