Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work (in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team (in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work until they decide you're expendable.

Systems Learning and Development Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood people for the most part, challenging work.

ConsRegular layoffs for no apparent reason.

Inside Sales

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsVacation time, Peers, Holiday pay

Consmanagement shifts, AE shifts, lack of company loyalty

Advice to Senior Managementna

No career growth opportunity.

Marketing (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsWarm culture, always something fun going on. Bring Your Dog to Work Day, on-site health clinic, covered parking, onsite cafe, lots of free food and giveaways.

ConsSalaries are below average, there is no career path and hardly ever any promotions within ones job. Management seems supportive but never goes to bat for you. Unless you are in sales, no one really cares about you. Losing the Insight Bowl also stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvde career paths for employees OTHER than in sales. Actions speak louder than words - quit telling employees about all the great opps at Insight - show them instead. Put more money into marketing, add headcount, create advertising campaigns. Compared to CDW we are booooring.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing place to work and grow

Account Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsExciting work environment
    Learning opportunities
    Helpful colleagues
    Great leadership

ConsToo many and long processes

Great sales school

Adobe Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGood training program, company appreciates hard workers and individuals with high potential. Corporate culture is great.

ConsCompensation is quite low, company likes to hire junior sales people instead of experienced sales executives as they do not want to pay high base salaries. Excessive micro-management on the sales floor.

Poor leadership

Supervisor (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsThe team reporting to me did a great Job and was very hard working. The Technical team was extremely competent and was always willing to answer questions.

ConsI was terminated from my position for “Performance” I was past 90 days and had no negative reviews or disciplinary actions. Insight does not care about it’s people that work for them and do not follow their own policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to fire someone give them an opportunity to fix any issues that they may have but informing them of issues. Terminating someone with no documentation sets the company up for a discrimination law suit.

Think before you interview at this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Tempe location is nice.

ConsNot a good working environment due to unhealthy internal politics and lack of professionalism.

Good people to work with but value message to customers lacking

Account Executive (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsFull spectrum of solutions available for clients with strong service & delivery teams.

ConsGuardrail to guardrail management tendencies with sales being pulled into many different directions, management disconnected with regional teams at times, comp plan/benefits are constantly changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsExcellent training by Montreal learning and development team. If you are willing to learn and participate you will have all the support needed. Great introduction to IT sales.

ConsQuestionable HR policies and management protocol. Objectives can at times be unrealistic and compensation minimal for efforts given. Be ready for some very long days with no overtime paid.

several years in sales

Prosstrong position in industry, active in hiring, developing a strong cloud presence. OVerall package is good and opportunities exist for advancement if you look for them.

ConsTends to underinvest and give competitors a lead, can be shortsighted in their goals and reactionary to main partners and their needs. Still struggling for idsentity in marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more administrative assistance for sales, turn sales management into experts to be on calls with sales employees. Inside sales should be a lead generation engine

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!