Intel Corporation

Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.8 3,567 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork(in 454 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin(in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders(in 107 reviews)

3,567 Employee Reviews

Perfect Job when you hit 40

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy going company, Great Culture, Excellent Team, good management.

ConsNot enough challenges, you tend to become brain-dead, difficult to move positions, very tough vendor rules.

Learned a lot in a very organized company full of intelligent people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

ProsThey are very disciplined, professional, competent people and a lot of excellent project managers. Standards are high and the work is challenging. There is a culture of getting the job done rather than doing the hours and the flexibility of working from home was good in my department. I never felt like I was doing a boring 9 to 5 job, it was a lot of hard work but with the working from home it didn't feel so bad. My team was also fun and friendly.

ConsSwindon isn't a great location and the offices are a bit sad, catering is terrible. Sometimes the company is too process driven which could be stifling in certain jobs. Not enough turnover which means the company doesn't learn from others.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement decisions are not transparent enough. Too much emphasis on seniority rather than abilities and results. Be less Intel-focused and hire execs (and CEOs) from outside.

Great Place to Work

ProsRight in the middle of all that's going on in the tech world. So many different areas to work within.

ConsThe market is a tough place and change is very frequent. US based decision making.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is not too big to fail

Design Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood remuneration.
    State of the art technology.
    Has brand value.

ConsNo clear direction.
    Mangers' rule
    Lots of bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the direction right. Engineering is more important than management and markets.

Fabulous company to work for.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

ProsGreat work life balance and flexibility at work.

ConsSalary could be more competitive. Promotions are hard to get by unless you are a super networker.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop coming in and making huge decisions at impact employees at the grassroot level to show you've arrived and do a shakeup!

Truly Great Place to Work

Risk Manager (Current Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

ProsAmong the most ethical workplaces! Great development opportunities, especially if you're in for international move. Good salaries, overall compensation is very competitive.

ConsOne needs to be really focused on hardworking and share the company values. Generally speaking it either your company or not.

Great company to work for

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsGreat culture, great people and great opportunities

ConsYou must drive your own success, being passive will not work

Great Company with Some Caution

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- You get to work with some of the best minds in the industry
    - Great benefits and bonuses
    - Flexibility of work-style

Cons- Work-hours can be unbalanced (Malaysia site)
    - Sometimes individual contribution can be ignored if not inline with the 'well-trodden path'
    - Not doing so well due to attrition from mobile devices
    - Big company, so sometimes career advancement can be difficult

oppressive

M\arket Development (Former Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Prosgreat co workers and opportunities grow skills in other areas/locations,

Consmanagers there in general lack team building skills, not visionary and in many cases portray bullying traits.

Advice to Senior Managementthere is a reason why Intel's share price has been flat for so long - and yes its a management problem;

big company, good pay. Lots of long-serving staff - lack genuine effort on skills development/training .

Prospay, benefits, cutting edge technology provider, opportunities to move into different area (technical to commercial)

Conssee little opportunity of development despite management push. difficult to move fast or make big changes; lots of long-serving staff

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!