Intralinks

Intralinks Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

Intralinks Director, President & CEO Ronald W. Hovsepian

Ronald W. Hovsepian

Pros:
  • "Generally a good group of people "in the trenches", good name recognition in the vertical markets the company plays in"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Good pay, flexible work schedule, laid back management"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "New Senior Management with CPO title killed the company's innovation"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A real place to work

Cons (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intralinks

ProsProduct that does what our customer want, right product, right time

ConsYou have to thrive in a startup mentality, everything is not 100% how every the company is full of opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall keep doing what you doing, pay some attention to some of the people that have been with you for sometime, it will save you making the same errors as the past management

Positive experience, great niche market product, attracts good people with good pay

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intralinks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMarket leader in M&A services, good investment plans, strong leadership

ConsTransactional business so expect high volume, low ticket deals. Enterprise offering in early stages.

would give zero stars if I could

Senior UNIX Administrator (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Intralinks full-time for less than a year

ProsI could work from home as much as I wanted and was arguably overpaid for the role I was in.

ConsThere was a lot of attrition whilst working there in all the departments, so it was difficult getting guidance as most people were new. I was remotely managed, given little work, but still asked to punch time cards. In my team directly, there were some talented people, but they were unmotivated due to the shouting and antagonistic culture of the more tenured, but less capable, senior staffers. It was probably the least professional place I've ever worked and it was not unusual to get harassed via email or on team calls, for no other reason than colleagues trying to demonstrate their authority.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the company is made up of more than just a sales team. Don't waste time trying to appear like a mature company with development plans for employees if none of the management will actually participate in them. Try to maintain decent, qualified staff and remove the employees that are actually obstructing productivity.

Good company.. needs to focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intralinks full-time

ProsGreat reputation in M&A, trusted
Total SaaS Vendor and immediate go live

ConsRevolving door in Management
Trying to compete with consumer file sharing and technologies that are either free or very cheap... drawing focus away from core M&A/FS markets

cool product and offer - chaotic management

Vice President Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Intralinks full-time for more than a year

ProsOffer, customer base, engineers are awesome - also the company knows how to address the different markets

ConsDuring my time with Intralinks it was the most chaotic experience with the management I'll ever had and the EVP did lie and act without communication

Some great dedicated people, but sadly lacking focus and direction.

Technical Sales/Catalyst Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Intralinks full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, Great tactical tools, central locations, and constant change.

ConsTerrible software development, unable to keep up pace with the market and make true enterprise solutions. Commoditized value proposition with capabilities eroded by new market entrants, or horizontal players. Constant change.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy for more than 5 minutes.

Remove vast quantities of light weight middle management who seem to empire build. Enhance communication internally.

Challenging but can be worthwhile

ProsGood product/technology
Work with very talented people
Good pay and benefits
Good brand

ConsVery political
Sales management walk all over the other functions and don’t care what happens to others so long as they get what they want.
Advancement opportunity hinges on relationships.
Does not promote creative thinking from employees - expected to just do as you are told.
Senior management pretends to listen to feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales Management should not be allowed to walk all over other functions. Stop letting go of good talented people. Listen to what the employees have to say and act on it. It can be a great company but the internal politics lets you down.

Good place to work

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intralinks

ProsCustomers like what we have to offer, it makes selling easy, as a SaaS product you know what if does and how to sell it, the new stuff that is coming this year will add a lot

ConsYou are always limited by the SaaS model so you need to walk away offten if the requirment does not fit the product, more so than other products

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going as you are, give us more configuration and we will give you more sales

An exciting and relevant proposition

Account Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Intralinks

ProsThe people, culture and clients are great and rise to some very innovative challenges. Fantastically positions to take advantage of a number of convergent opportunities in the market. Strong corporate structure, and deep domain support for clients.
Clients come first and the focal energy on success is unrivalled.

Considiosyncrasies in some senior individuals weakened operations, I understand most of these have moved on. The energy and vibrancy in the environment allow you to work through these although you do get a bit of a rough ride.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on strengths and success will follow, promote from within.

Merry-Go-Round

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Intralinks

ProsGreat market position. Over 1M users. Has the potential to become leader in cloud based collaboration. Incumbent in M&A

ConsToo many issues. This company has a a self inflicted merry-go-round syndrome. Hire people for enterprise sales, fire them after 9 to 12 months. This seems a reoccurring pattern since 4 years. The platform needs substantial upgrading. Its not just M&A.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a longer term strategy. Execute it with a 4-5 year view not just 12 months. Look at Box.net. They seem to get it right from a tech perspective. They will be eating your lunch very soon. Stop making the same mistakes over and over again. Learn and listen from the field. Don't make decisions from the ivory tower. You have some great talent. Its all in you hands. Don't go back again into your M&A comfort zone.

Worked for Intralinks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intralinks reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Intralinks CEO Ronald W. Hovsepian. All 79 reviews are posted anonymously by Intralinks employees.