Intuit

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.7 1,455 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company(in 299 reviews)

• Employee friendly company with great benefits to offer(in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation(in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street(in 42 reviews)

1,455 Employee Reviews

I am very proud to work for Intuit

ProsLooking forward to coming into work everyday and not wanting to leave at night sounds very far fetched for the majority but I can honestly say that "I love my job" and I really jump out of bed every morning (maybe not exactly jump but you get where I am coming from) and look forward to the day ahead.
    I admire Intuits continuing efforts to not only, delight its customers but to also delight its staff and creating a great working environment where you as an employee feel valued.
    My office here in the UK and Intuit as a hole has a fantastic mix of people from all over the world, different cultures and backgrounds making it a buzzy, vibrant and exciting pace to work and grow.

ConsThe only con I can think of is that I would like the opportunity within my role to travel more (as we are a global company) to meet and network with colleges face to face rather than over a conference call. I feel there is a lot to be said for actually striking up relationships with fellow peers giving you a better grounding for collaborations in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just think the leadership team are doing a great job and, hats off

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsIt's a great place to work.
    Encouraged to come up with new idea's.
    Good recognition tools (Spotlights).
    Voice of the employee surveys.
    Fostering of employee's personal development plans.
    Good package.
    4 paid charity volunteering days off p.a.

ConsHaven't found anything too drastic.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The company takes care of it's employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros- Good work-life balance. If you come from a start up to Intuit you will be incredibly relaxed
    - There are smart people at intuit. As with any big company you need to hunt to find them but there are some excellent people to work with
    - Culture is good. People are generally really nice and open to helping each other out
    - Intuit monopolizes it's market. yay

Cons- Personal growth is slow
    - There is "title inflation" ie a senior engineer may or may not actually be senior

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is on par with other tech companies. pay MORE to entice the best in the bay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work!

Senior Software QA (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsHighly collaborative environment where you work with smart and talented people as part of small cross-functional teams using iterative design and rapid experimentation. High emphasis on lean startup techniques and agile development. Leadership encourages and provides opprtunites for training and career development. Lots of perks, i enjoy too much the work i do that i don't even take advantage of the basketball and volleyball courts, Gym, on site cafeteria, great work life balance...

ConsFrequent organization changes, but unfortunately this is needed to stay competitive and no free lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your employees to succeed and make time for training and career development. Work with employees on expectations about their career path and what it takes for promotion.

Amazing Place To Work

Product Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsGood Environment, Good People, Opportunities for Growth. Great Facilities. Constant ability to work on exiting and new projects. Really impressed with he caliber of many of the people here. Really smart and driven for the most part.

ConsCan be a big company with all of the burdens that come with that. Things do not always happen as fast as they like and some of the old software is less exciting.

Intuit really cares about its interns

Legal Intern (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsThis is one of the best places you can work as a university or grad school intern. The brand name and line items on your resume look fantastic and make you immediately competitive. The work given is carefully balanced between teaching you how in-house legal groups operate and giving you challenging projects that provide value to the company. There are tons of intern-centric activities that give you an opportunity to network with other young professionals and enjoy the summer. There are also many opportunities to connect with VPs and other management people. It's also PAID.

ConsEveryone in the office could use some help with their workloads but many don't have time to show an intern how to help. Keep reaching out repeatedly to achieve the workload balance that suits you.

Awesome company!!

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsGood benefits and compensation
    Lot of flexibility
    Good products
    good vision for the future
    Innovation is appreciated

Consoutdated technologies
    laid back attitude
    food is really bad
    layoffs are frequent

Excellent experience - wonderful people to work for and with!

Prosquality of life important
    Senior leadership excellent
    great strategy
    Customer comes first

Cons875 RIF - rough for all involved

Great leadership, no shortage of talented employees.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros"It's the people!" Impressive group...great professional development.

ConsSometimes M&A's don't go so well. I may have been part of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've seen very talented, dedicated, and loyal employees get laid off.

Continually Changing

Support (Current Employee)

ProsGood company to work for, great benefits (health, dental, vision). Actively seek employee input on a routine basis. Potential for personal growth and career development with the right leadership. Business decisions are made inline with company values. In the right location and business group it is possible to have a long and satisfying career.

ConsToo many organizational changes. Caught under the wrong leadership promotions, salary increases, recognition and project opportunities can be limited to non-existent, unless in the "right circle". Focus on growth and moving forward definitely impacting quality of some existing products. Understaffed or outsourced.

Advice to Senior ManagementPotential to better utilize the multitude of skills and knowledge in employees. The right employee in the right position at the right time not only increases customer satisfaction and company growth it produces motivated, engaged, satisfied employees.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!