Intuit Reviews

3.8
1,790 Reviews
Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 327 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 154 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 51 reviews)

• Middle management does not have a clue on overall long-term direction of support departments (in 45 reviews)

1. 5 years and still going strong.... I think :-)

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It really is about the people, from Brad Smith down Intuit really does make you feel as though you are part of one huge innovative, forward thinking, winning family!

Cons

Internal systems and process's not as innovative, efficient and collaborative and the product 's we sell

2. Great Buzz in the UK office, transparent management and they really MEAN their core values

Current Employee - IT Engineering
    Current Employee - IT Engineering

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Buzz in the office and honestly nice collaborative people. Very little (if any) "Office Politics". Clear business direction and a very open and honest sharing of information from the management - you really know where you stand. Everyone helps everyone else. A great place to work if you are in Sales or Marketing. Not so good for Techies.

Cons

The US has a tenancy to "re-organise regularly" and struggles to see things from a non-US perspective. The UK and Canada operations are great. IT operations & development is not as close to the non-US operating companies as it should be.

Advice to Management

Take your foot off the re-organisation throttle. Give everyone a chance to get things working again. Don't declare anything as "legacy" until you have a viable replacement for it.

3. If Carlsberg made Innovative Tech Companies...............

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intuit is a company where their values really mean something and this evident in how they operate everyday. Employee and Customer focused, Innovative, Great work environment, Compensation and Benefits. It is without a doubt the industries best kept secret!

Cons

Fast paced, immense growth and bold plans can leave you spinning and uncomfortable if you do not adapt and grow with the pace of the business. Only the worlds top talent will succeed here...

Advice to Management

Empower more of your great team and don't go down the road of putting in restrictions by way of rules of time in the office etc... enable and support your employees to do the best work of their lives their way as long as they are continuing to deliver.

5. Supportive colleagues and great culture

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The people I've met at Intuit are positive, supportive and genuinely want you to do well.
    There are great opportunities for career development if you have the right attitude.
    Good benefits and culture
    Light, bright offices in central London

Cons

As with any big, international company, processes can be long and convoluted but on the whole, I'm yet to find any major negatives.

6. Amazing software company with fantastic culture, people and energy

Current Contractor - Talent Acquisition/Recruitment in London, England
    Current Contractor - Talent Acquisition/Recruitment in London, England

I have been working at Intuit as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best thing about working here - everyone is really friendly, want to work together to succeed and genuinely want to be at work. The other great things are the vision and drive that create the energy and fun in the office, it's infectious and really gets everyone buzzing on the same track. On top of that there the other usual things like open office, open door policy, social kitchen, benefits etc etc

Cons

I honestly can't think of any! Maybe the location being so busy (but that's London!) and lack of interesting eating places in Victoria (but then I am a bit of a foodie!)

Advice to Management

Keep on going! The buzz and energy is fantastic just make sure the future hires all fit in with the same culture.

7. Intuit

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Great multi-national company which is a global player in terms of accounting.

Cons

Company has a policy of not holding onto contractors.

8. Great benefits & company

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit in the US is different from the UK office but overall it's a company with great benefits, leader and is well resourced.

Cons

You can see more and more politics coming through in the last years and the worldwide and out-of-usa mindset isn't very well advanced and slowing down the global plans.

Good company to build up your expertise

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many great perks i.e. contribution for pension, health, high salaries, days off for volunteering, many times to celebrate

Cons

High pressure, long hours, many functions outside Sales and Marketing do not receive recognitions which impacts morale.

Advice to Management

Take everyone along the journey.

I am very proud to work for Intuit

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Looking forward to coming into work everyday and not wanting to leave at night sounds very far fetched for the majority but I can honestly say that "I love my job" and I really jump out of bed every morning (maybe not exactly jump but you get where I am coming from) and look forward to the day ahead.
    I admire Intuits continuing efforts to not only, delight its customers but to also delight its staff and creating a great working environment where you as an employee feel valued.
    My office here in the UK and Intuit as a hole has a fantastic mix of people from all over the world, different cultures and backgrounds making it a buzzy, vibrant and exciting pace to work and grow.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I would like the opportunity within my role to travel more (as we are a global company) to meet and network with colleges face to face rather than over a conference call. I feel there is a lot to be said for actually striking up relationships with fellow peers giving you a better grounding for collaborations in the future.

Advice to Management

I just think the leadership team are doing a great job and, hats off

11. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

It's a great place to work.
    Encouraged to come up with new idea's.
    Good recognition tools (Spotlights).
    Voice of the employee surveys.
    Fostering of employee's personal development plans.
    Good package.
    4 paid charity volunteering days off p.a.

Cons

Haven't found anything too drastic.

Advice to Management

None