Intuit

3.7 1,348 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

1,348 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance, competitive compensation mostly strong exec team"
    in 281 reviews
  • "Decent salary/Good work life balance/Great benefits"
    in 117 reviews
Cons:
  • "The widely praised work-life balance varies on the project you are working on and the goals set by your manager"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Senior management is typically only in your corner if you agree to whatever they say"
    in 42 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I am very proud to work for Intuit

I have been working at Intuit

ProsLooking forward to coming into work everyday and not wanting to leave at night sounds very far fetched for the majority but I can honestly say that "I love my job" and I really jump out of bed every morning (maybe not exactly jump but you get where I am coming from) and look forward to the day ahead.
I admire Intuits continuing efforts to not only, delight its customers but to also delight its staff and creating a great working environment where you as an employee feel valued.
My office here in the UK and Intuit as a hole has a fantastic mix of people from all over the world, different cultures and backgrounds making it a buzzy, vibrant and exciting pace to work and grow.

ConsThe only con I can think of is that I would like the opportunity within my role to travel more (as we are a global company) to meet and network with colleges face to face rather than over a conference call. I feel there is a lot to be said for actually striking up relationships with fellow peers giving you a better grounding for collaborations in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just think the leadership team are doing a great job and, hats off

Great place to work.

Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Intuit

ProsIt's a great place to work.
Encouraged to come up with new idea's.
Good recognition tools (Spotlights).
Voice of the employee surveys.
Fostering of employee's personal development plans.
Good package.
4 paid charity volunteering days off p.a.

ConsHaven't found anything too drastic.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

I can't imagine working anywhere better

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork from home, amazing incentives in the sales departments where I work, company run with integrity, committed to their employees and it shows every single day. Understand work life balance, incredible benefits, competitive pay, get to have FUN at work. Casual dress environment. Get to be myself. I could go on and on.

ConsAdvancement can be limited depending on the location you work at. Systems in place are a pain as far as CRM, and tools in place for customer facing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay engaged with your employees, help them grow their careers.

Great Company, Inconsistent Managers

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompetitive compensation packages, great work life balance, nice campus with great amenities, e.g., cafe, gym, lots of opportunities to learn and develop, culture fosters innovation

Consinconsistency in leadership at mid-level - some managers are great and capable, others are collecting a paycheck; low performers are kept around way too long; culture obsessed with meetings and framing everything nicely

Advice to Senior Managementcut the dead wood and encourage meeting free days

Excellent Working Environment

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking environment excellent. Company trust its own employee. Addition to your work Company will give extra time for your own work that includes your social work or any project you want execute on your own.

ConsThe salary/stock deviation from employee to employee

Great company, great culture.

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge company benefits and backing with small company feel and autonomy. Compensation package is excellent and career development is constant priority for management.

ConsIntuit is trending towards an architecture-centric approach to product development. Good for architects, bad for product advancement.

A "Wow!" company with so many positives

Reno, NV (US)

I worked at Intuit for more than 5 years

ProsSo many positives were seen during my years at Intuit. The only reason I left was due to a decision to outsource my unit, which was probably a good choice. Intuit offers so much... good leadership, good potential, good intent in their markets, good employees, good training, good challenges... where does it stop?

ConsAbout the only con is if you get a rotten or just mediocre manager, which can happen but is rare for Intuit. Burnout from the hard work is possible... be certain to take your time off. Otherwise, continue to have fun while working hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your good leadership.

Great company to work for in general

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat company to work for in general. Have a culture respect employees work life balance. Good benefits package though going down little compare to couple of years ago. The company listen to the employees' voice through the annual survey and take it seriously.

ConsSame as any big companies. Be careful with who you will report to. Middle level managers definitely have very different reputation by person.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncluding employees' review of their managers anonymously will definitely help identify the management problem and improve the performance of the entire team.

Intuit Has The BEST CEO in TOWN!

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility to work remote.
Opportunity to work with really talented people.
Intuit really cares about the employees and customers.
Outstanding BENEFITS

ConsNot always easy to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Awesome place to work if you are the right kind of person

I worked at Intuit full-time

ProsExcellent benefits, strong culture, rewards employees well, innovative, customer focused

Consconducts re-organizations a lot, which causes churn in leadership, new leaders take time to learn business and don't always listen to long-term employees
says that it cares about employee development, but would rather lay-off and hire new talent than develop existing employees
still trying to work out "the next big thing"

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All 1,348 reviews are posted anonymously by Intuit employees.