Intuit

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.8 1,478 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation (in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights
1,478 Employee Reviews

I am very proud to work for Intuit

ProsLooking forward to coming into work everyday and not wanting to leave at night sounds very far fetched for the majority but I can honestly say that "I love my job" and I really jump out of bed every morning (maybe not exactly jump but you get where I am coming from) and look forward to the day ahead.
    I admire Intuits continuing efforts to not only, delight its customers but to also delight its staff and creating a great working environment where you as an employee feel valued.
    My office here in the UK and Intuit as a hole has a fantastic mix of people from all over the world, different cultures and backgrounds making it a buzzy, vibrant and exciting pace to work and grow.

ConsThe only con I can think of is that I would like the opportunity within my role to travel more (as we are a global company) to meet and network with colleges face to face rather than over a conference call. I feel there is a lot to be said for actually striking up relationships with fellow peers giving you a better grounding for collaborations in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just think the leadership team are doing a great job and, hats off

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsIt's a great place to work.
    Encouraged to come up with new idea's.
    Good recognition tools (Spotlights).
    Voice of the employee surveys.
    Fostering of employee's personal development plans.
    Good package.
    4 paid charity volunteering days off p.a.

ConsHaven't found anything too drastic.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The company takes care of it's employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros- Good work-life balance. If you come from a start up to Intuit you will be incredibly relaxed
    - There are smart people at intuit. As with any big company you need to hunt to find them but there are some excellent people to work with
    - Culture is good. People are generally really nice and open to helping each other out
    - Intuit monopolizes it's market. yay

Cons- Personal growth is slow
    - There is "title inflation" ie a senior engineer may or may not actually be senior

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is on par with other tech companies. pay MORE to entice the best in the bay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsThe company takes care of its employees. They are customer focused and give opportunities to employees to share there innovative thoughts on product development or new product development.

ConsIt is a fast paced environment. If you are accustomed to working with deadlines and working the hours it takes to meet those deadlines, this is a fit for you. If not, you will struggle keeping up with the workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more opportunities to work remotely or from home. The company would then truly reduce the carbon footprint and work-life balance. When considered remote employees, the expectations should be that you don't expect them to be in the office everyday and jabber connections are adequate to communicate so long as the work is aligned and at a high caliber.

Great Company

Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsPeople care about you and the work that you put on the table.
    They push you to be innovative inside and outside the company.
    They value work life balance and have great befits

ConsDepending on where you sit in the company sometimes the org changes have a big impact
    They seem to purchase innovation rather than create it

Learned a ton

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsFun team, intern activities, got to work on a cool project, good pay for interns

ConsIts definitely a larger company so you have to be ok with that

Fun and friendly atmosphere.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsWork-life balance. They allow you to have a say in the process, they value your opinion and you get a chance to have input into the process/es. Great benefits and very fair pay.

ConsVery frequent re-orgs. I really still do not know what it is I am supposed to do there. We've been redirected to a new goal/strategy so frequently recently that I am just trying to understand what I need to do each week because down the road all the plans may change anyway.

Awesome place to work and learn in

ProsLearning environment , strong culture, Customer oriented job roles, leadership building techniques adopted

ConsGrowth is not vertical but broadening your own job role.

Great experience

MBA Intern (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsGreat compensation - comparable to other Silicon Valley titans. Company is becoming leaner and much more focused on developing younger talent. Work-life balance is some of the best you can find in tech. Very focused on hypothesis-based testing and experimentation.

ConsLots of meetings and powerpoint. Senior leadership is aware of the bureaucracy of a bigger company though they can do more to make organizations more nimble.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work of focusing on your employees and recruiting young talent.

Caring collaborative intelligent environment. Full of growth and leadership support.

Learning Specialist (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

ProsBest reasons to work for Intuit:
    Development and support from leadership team
    Company values
    True North of Employees, Customer, Shareholders
    Fun environment with opportunity to try positions in stretch roles and see where you shine
    Doing what you love with people who also love it around you

ConsEach year you have the potential to be impacted in a re-org

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget that employees need support and care to pass down to the customers.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!