Ipsos Reviews

375 reviews filtered by
3.2
Ipsos Chairman and CEO Didier Truchot
Didier Truchot

Pros
  • More often than not, they have positions for part-time market research/survey interviewer (in 26 reviews)

• OK working environment and friendly colleagues (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Excessive hours; they could care less about a work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Some extremely dull work, long hours for which you are not recognised, poor pay (in 21 reviews)

1. Great Experience

Former Employee - Field Controller in London, England
    Former Employee - Field Controller in London, England

I worked at Ipsos

Pros

Options to grow within the company
    Flexible hours offered
    Great people to work with

Cons

Crowded work space
    Lots of new management changes

2. Ipsos MORI is a slave master.

Former Employee - Interviewer in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Manchester, England

I worked at Ipsos full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bad management, low payment, no welfare for worker. If you are in problem in the field they can't help you.

Cons

The managerial teams are bossy. No ladder or opertunity. I found some idiots are working in HR to keep you slave. This is not a British standard research organisation. It is funny when they claim it is a leader g research organisation. Ipsos MORI is a pro European company and they have some hidden agenda to mislead national statistics and it is not serving British interests. They sell people's personal information to third parties.

Advice to Management

The tyres management treat their workers as slaves.

3. Great people, excellent environment, poor opportunities and poor recognition of ambition.

Former Employee - Graduate Research Executive in London, England
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Executive in London, England

I worked at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my team. The diversity of people within Operations is excellent, as is the camaraderie. Very relaxed, with a very gentle learning curve.

Cons

The operations department is unusual within the graduate programme, as the majority of Graduate training is expected to be of little relevance. As such there was an immediate feeling of having our time wasted and this was a shock to me. Given the size of the company and difficult financial position it has been in, the department's technology (i.e. survey tools) require some upheaval. The training for the new software was decent but nowhere near intensive enough.

Advice to Management

Reconsider training for operations. Consider siphoning off operations training and offering more personalised support and programmes.

5. Great opportunity to earn money and experience

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer/Researcher in London, England
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer/Researcher in London, England

I worked at Ipsos

Pros

Good pay
    great people
    flexible working hours
    great atmosphere
    good supervisors

Cons

the way work is allocated you can be without work for a while so that's not too great when you are relying on it

Advice to Management

none

6. Researcher coder

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrow on the Hill, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrow on the Hill, England

I worked at Ipsos

Pros

Excellent team included the management

Cons

I was just involved in data collection not analysis

7. Good experience

Current Employee - Senior Research Executive in London, England

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team; learning opportunities; fun and friendly work environment; great people

Cons

heavy work load; lots of processes which can be stifling; chain of command can be draining as everything needs to be signed off and checked

8. Good grad scheme but you'll end up on the scrap heap afterward

Current Employee - Research Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Research Executive in London, England

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The grad scheme was good, training provided, opportunity to do extra curricular activities

Cons

Horrible management team within my BU, heavy workload, no appreciation for hours you work and egotistical directors who will take credit for the work that you do without even a thank you. Also like to move people around a lot and change their projects on a regular basis. Very political. Badly paid

Advice to Management

Start recognising talent and nurture it. People will leave otherwise. Pay is also a big issue for a lot of people.

Terrible call centre work

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Ipsos part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working in the Ipsos MORI call centre in Edinburgh is that there are plenty of interesting people working there. A lot of students, artists and musicians work there because the work is flexible. However, it's very monotonous work, and can feel quite soul crushing. I worked there for three years, but only about 16 hours per week on average, and moving up the pay scales up to supervisory level helped. Full time hours on minimum wage would have been just too much.
    The good thing about shift work is that when you clock off, it's over. You go straight home and forget about it. Now that I have a 'better' job in a different sector, one I'm meant to feel invested in - I miss that. I don't miss the monotony though.

Cons

Zero hours contracts - as you move up the pay grades it can get easier to get hours. The management treat the workforce as completely expendable.

If you have a thin skin you will find it stressful - most people don't like being phoned up at home and asked to do surveys. And they will tell you. And you will make hundreds of calls in every four hour shift.

Advice to Management

How about letting your interviewers feel a bit more invested in what you do by not treating them like they're expendable? After all, your interviewers are the public voice of your company.

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Senior Research Executive in London, England

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

informal culture, broad range of opportunities to gain experience in different sectors. Better paid than most other research agencies. Less volatile working environment than other agencies. Easy environment to work in.

Cons

Not a destination any decent graduate (top 30 uni) should consider. Badly paid compared to the London employment market. Pay rises between all grades are not worth the hassle of getting promoted, you could invest the time and effort in getting a different job. Hours can be very long (50+ pw). Employee benefits if you are not married with kids are rubbish.

11. Fantastic opportunities

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting and dynamic and slightly eccentric , i am so pleased i joined these people. After 5 years experience in a smaller agency this has been a revelation

Cons

Hard work, silos and some politics - but that is inevitable in a big organisation - THE CAN DO SPIRIT AND INTENSE CURIOSITY make up for any isses

Advice to Management

Keep investing in training - it is great to be somewhere that really thinks about this

Ipsos Photos