Ivie
www.ivieinc.com Flower Mound, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Ivie Reviews

Updated Mar 03, 2014
Ivie – Flower Mound – “Ivie & Associates”

Warren C. Ivie

One big dysfunctional family (Bentonville Office)

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)
Bentonville, AR (US)

I have been working at Ivie full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people I work with are awesome. There will always be 1 or 2 coworkers that your personality clashes with, but that's everywhere you go. Overall we're like one big dysfunctional family (I mean that in a loving way). The pay is competitive and benefits are good. Good work/life balance, although a lot of hours are put in during the holiday seasons (if you are a creative). Laid back, fun environment. Again, this is coming from the creative side.

ConsPromotions are few and far between and raises other than standard cost of living are rare.
HR (Home office, Flower Mound) is a joke. They are disorganized, portray a lack of knowledge of their department and treat people like robots. When they make mistakes they don't take responsibility for their actions and will pin blame on someone else at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to do a clean sweep on your HR team in Flower Mound for the reasons listed above.

Working at Ivie has been a really good experience. The people are friendly and the company looks out for their employees

Production Artist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ivie full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity for advancement, good work/life balance, good benefits package, many occasions of company get-togethers (cookouts and catered lunches), upper management very approachable.

ConsCan't think of any at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Ivie is a staffing agency.....

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Bentonville, AR (US)

I worked at Ivie full-time for more than a year

ProsNot many....they simply put people in chairs at their clients office.

ConsPoor pay. No job security. Once employees realize they are being paid a modest fraction of what Ivie charges the client for their employees' services, good employees move on to better companies. Ivie will never hang their hat on employee retention rates....nor do they care.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people. You pay your staff @ 1/4 of what your charging your clients for their work. You'll never keep good people and will eventually lose your cash cow clients too.

Internship program review

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ivie as an intern for less than a year

ProsProactive company that provides interns experiences in the business world

ConsHonestly, I have no cons for this Company as they provide interns real work experience in their area of study and interest

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the Internship program, it is great experience

Great experience, environment and people

I have been working at Ivie as an intern for less than a year

ProsFriendly people, flexible work schedule, excellent work environment and a great place for people to learn and grow

ConsLong drive for those who live out in Dallas

More Fun Than Recess!

Flower Mound, TX (US)

I have been working at Ivie as an intern

ProsThe people are really Ivie's best asset-people are so kind, and easy to work with. Everyone has everyone else's best interests in mind.

ConsTheir sudden growth makes it hard to remember who is in what position.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally, just keep up with the Ivie culture and remind new hires about it. They have a tendency to think aggressively for themselves-that can be turned into aggressiveness for the company as a whole.

From the CEO to entry level employees, all are a family and that's exactly how you feel walking in.

I have been working at Ivie as an intern for less than a year

ProsUplifting coworkers, team synergy, fun place to work, learned so much about the industry and the company, grew personally

ConsLower pay compared to competition, seems to have a lot of turnover

One of the best internships a college student can have!

Communications Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ivie as an intern for less than a year

Pros-Family oriented
-Clean and smooth organization
-Employees provide hands-on work to interns
-Very friendly staff

Cons-The company is not widely known
-Sometimes too caring to interns
-Occasionally there are long periods of down time

Advice to Senior ManagementFor next year, I would have the previous interns working in different departments so that way college students can get a feel for more than just one department. Loved getting to meet employees through the "Lunch with Executives" program.

Ivie has offered me an exciting place to work and grow. The work is challenging and rewarding

I have been working at Ivie full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIvie treats its employees fairly, provides a stimulating work environment, encourages creativity, and provides opportunities for growth.

ConsIvie can be a fast pace, exciting, intense place to work, it is not for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we grow we need to double our efforts not to lose the entrepreneurial spirit and values that made us what and who we are.

It is a wonderful environment that allows for a lot of growth and development.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ivie for more than 3 years

ProsThe cutlure, the owners, the ability to learn and grow.

ConsThe building was getting very full because of all the growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and keep staing involved with the employees.

Worked for Ivie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ivie reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Ivie CEO Warren C. Ivie. All 23 reviews are posted anonymously by Ivie employees.