Ixia

Updated 15 January 2015
Updated 15 January 2015
3.3

Bethany Mayer

Pros
  • Chance to grow, lots of opportunities to learn about cutting edge technologies related to networking (in 6 reviews)

• Great talent and cut edge technology (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Problem with work life balance and salary compare to that is low (in 19 reviews)

• Long Hours, took a long time to get more staff in to ease the workload (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

8 years at Ixia, 3 years Snr Support Engineer, 5 years Snr Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Maidenhead, England
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Maidenhead, England

I worked at Ixia full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great products, never boring, as I was in a Technical role it was very interesting. over a majority of my time the mangement were great, products are fantastic and have alot of technical depth to learn. Good frequent trips to the US, but this was when the company was smaller, not sure how many trips there would be now for the UK based employees.

Cons

Long Hours, took a long time to get more staff in to ease the workload. work life balance is a challenge to get right, working remote has become easier of the last 2 years I was in the Job.

Look after your employees, take on more staff to help the overworked remaining Engineers.

Worst company I have EVER worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I have been working at Ixia

Pros

Pension is good.
    Pay can be good if you negotiate well in the beginning but don't expect pay rises

Cons

Bullying, dishonest management always looking to screw the employee. only route to progression is through brown nosing and stabbing colleagues in the back. Very long hours for no reward. Unachievable targets set to reduce commission payouts. Did I mention the Bullying
    If you manage to negotiate a good wage when you get the job that will be held against you, don't expect pay rises and you will always feel like you living with the sword of Damocles over your head.
    Management by fear approach by the VP of Sales, supported by the senior US management as well as the UK Sales manager. Managers aren't managers they are yes men, thugs and henchmen for the VP of Sales. A Truly Toxic and Hostile environment to work in.

Value you your people they will work better for you if you respect them and stop the bulling. Your staff is demoralized, demotivated and desperate. Ixia's core values should apply to the Senior management MORE than to the employees, lead by example, be fair and decent.
    A fish rots from the head

A real technology company

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Ixia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very focused on new technologies, diverse product portfolio, friendly and professional colleagues. With the new CEO, company will hopefully have a better product/market strategy. Core business testing. One of the 2 well known manufacturers in the market.

Cons

In the recent years company focused on a vague market with network visibility products, unclear market/technology conditions which might impact the company drastically.

none

Some great people but some tough times

I have been working at Ixia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Have worked with great folks in a few sites that do work and play hard - like what they do, share well, open. Most managers seem to really want to work hard and share the success. Pay is good. Relaxed environment. New CEO in late 2014 looks good and will see what shapes up. Communication has gotten better. Some nice benefits in lunch perks, free soda's but many other companies are doing more perks in hi-tech.

Cons

2014 was a mess of a year for the company. One CEO ousted, interim CEO and then new CEO. Layoffs summer of 2014. Losing good folks to other hi-tech opportunities over past months. We are in a interesting niche field but many others looking to get in and play. 2015 will be a make or break year so I would wait a year to see how things go. Some reviews here mention negative reviews by folks that have been laid off but those that I knew that were laid off got good new jobs and are happy where they are now.

Make 2015 a good year.

Excellent company to work for...

Current Employee - Area Manager in Calabasas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Calabasas, CA (US)

I have been working at Ixia

Pros

Challenger and satisfying environment, where hard work and out of the box thinking gets recognized. Career advancement, fair compensation and clear direction from executives

There will be a lot of hard feelings and negative reviews mostly from folks whose company was acquired by Ixia and their position was cut. However I know first hand that Ixia still took very good care of everyone.

Cons

None that I can think of

The new CEO brings a great sense of vision and experience. The companies future is on the right track

I good, growing company that is moving ahead in the market.

I have been working at Ixia

Pros

Pay is definitely in line with industry standards, benefits are good.

Cons

Some product launches are rocky. Poor product definitions in the area of support and sales "bullets".

Product managers need to "own" the product entirely, including better support training, documentation, related whote papers, sales "golden bullets". Better insight into customer pain and selling points are needed for sales to hit the ground running.

Great Technology company on the bleeding edge of Network Equipment design, not the greatest strategic group of leaders.

I have been working at Ixia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with companies designing new telecommunications equipment and the networks of the future.
    The people are great, really nice and professional.
    Compensation is very good

Cons

Ixia is having tough time dealing with market changes to cloud and software centric networks.
    Too many changes in direction and long term strategy
    Marketing! Yeah that's what I mean, what marketing?

Combine your two major business units or sell/split one of them off. It's like working for two different companies right now.

Great company

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at Ixia

Pros

Great people, good management, technology, always something new to learn, great CEO

Cons

No major one that I can think of

Okay place to work

I have been working at Ixia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work locations
    Care for well being of employee

Cons

No appreciation for good work; feedback is mainly negative
    PTO accrual is low

Challenging company to work for

I worked at Ixia

Pros

Compensation and benefits are competitive with other tech companies.

Cons

The company doesn't seem to have a long-term strategy. Hopefully the new CEO will be able to change that. The culture is mainly talk and posters - basically it's work 24/7.