Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros:
  • "Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Every company says they care about customer satisfaction and employee work-life balance"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Lack of growth opportunities for virtual or offices outside the main locations (Monett, San Diego and/or Allen)"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for with great benefits

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are great as are the vacation days and PTO accrued. Great culture with people always willing to work together.

ConsYearly raises are not that great. Barely cost of living adjustments really.

Great company to work for and great people to work with! Such a positive career environment!

Social Media Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee)
Brentwood, TN (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsJHA has a great work/life balance, it allows you flexibility to work in various locations all over the United States, they offer great benefits and compensation, and the company is full of hard working employees who care about one another. Another inspiring aspect of JHA is the company story/history and the philosophy they've maintained all these years.

ConsNo cons thus far.

Great Learning Experience

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT

ConsNeed to be able to hit the ground running and ability to be responsible for your own learning and training. Your co-workers availability is limited to being able to train you.

Great company overall

San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFor a company that deals with financial institutions, it is very relaxed and has a good culture.
Good benefits
Good, competitive pay
Flexible
Numerous locations across the US

ConsLongevity of employment seems to reward people that aren't necessarily the best managers
Poor communication from top down in certain circumstances

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider rating management from employee point of view
More training of management team (at mid-management level
More open communication from bottom to top

Discouraging with limited growth

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility and ability to work remotely.
Pool of PTO keeps employees honest.

ConsMid level management is in their positions due to seniority, not performance or qualifications. Department of 20 does not agree with management style nor communications.

Jack Henry is an incredible place to gain experience and further one's career!

Jack Henry Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsJack Henry & Associates offers workplace experience and job training that can transfer to other industries as well as offering terrific employment benefits.

ConsJack Henry & Associates is such a great place to work but there are some managers that have zero qualifications to be managers and therefore their departments aren't as successful as other areas. Example: There were several hirees that didn't last very long and it was obvious that the person shouldn't have been hired in the first place but the manager wasn't able to pick up on the red flags.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the 'Cons' section.

Very positive, Very good place to work with lots of opportunity to move up, and around in the company.

Network Technician (Current Employee)
Monett, MO (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

ProsLaidback
Great Benefits and Employer Discounts
You feel taken care of, your manager cares
I feel as though I will be promoted within a year
Payed for Employees to take ITIL Certification
Lots of payed vacation and holidays
Very much has it's own culture of everyone on team "Jack"

ConsIn more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard. Mostly because my department is very good, and very hard to make yourself standout with so many people of talent. But it motivated me to become better and I learn faster everyday and now it's a competition so to speak of who we all know are the best at their job.

There is also a little bit too much of departmental politics. Nothing overbearing if you do good in your job, but it shows if someone in management or higher up does not thing as highly of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTheir are at least a few positions that could be filled with more capable staff that would benefit the company much greater then adding new bodies that take a year to train, while keeping up with the under performers.

Benefits are great, salary is good, culture depends on the division.

Manager of Development (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsJack Henry acquired my company for the Profitstars division a few years ago, and for the first few years there was no real change (other than upgraded benefits). Gradually, we've become more integrated with the corporate way of doing things, and that's been tough at times; it's a good thing, but a hard thing too. One of the biggest challenges about evaluating JHA is that many of the offices represent acquisitions; the culture in Monett, MO is different than Norcross, GA is different than Allen, TX.

Health benefits are great; PPO is the base, so you can get care pretty much anywhere you want. Salary is reasonable for the market you are in, and I'm a full time remote worker (which is a NICE perk). Stock is available for purchase at a discount. Makes it tough to leave the company.

ConsEvery group has a different way of doing things, and there's a lot of assumptions about processes. Usually not a problem, but if there's a big push to get intra-corporate project done, it doesn't go smoothly. The corporate training I've attended has been really bad at times, but there's a big push for continual improvement, so things do get better over time.

People stay with the company a long time, so it's tough to advance. I've worked with most of the same team for nearly 8 years, which is a long time in an IT company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really; just keep working on the One Company initiative.

A Great Place to Work

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Brentwood, TN (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work/life balance. A lot of hard working people who care about each other. Employees know how to get their jobs done but also have fun in the process.

ConsNo real cons to speak of. Overall the Management has done an exceptional job of keeping everyone involved and in tune with everything that is going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Keep lower level employees informed, involved and motivated.

Need growth opportunities for those employees that are virtual or offsite from main 3 locations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat Benefits
Great work/life balance
Opportunity to work from home if manage approves
Education reimbursement

ConsLack of growth opportunities for virtual or offices outside the main locations (Monett, San Diego and/or Allen).
Promotions tend to be based on seniority and not best fit.
No education opportunities within company to move to new career areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers to handle remote or offsite (other location) employees
Promote based on fit and not seniority.

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack Henry & Associates reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Jack Henry & Associates CEO Jack Prim. All 103 reviews are posted anonymously by Jack Henry & Associates employees.