Jack Henry & Associates

Updated 22 January 2015
3.6

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• flexible work (partial work from home), interesting tasks, fun coworkers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Data Center Upper Management bows down to application development/management (in 7 reviews)

• Yearly cost of living raises are barely that (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

A company that cares about family.

Current Employee - Technical Support in Springfield, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The work life balance is great in my department. I had a premature child and they allowed me to work from home to care for him. They also have never laid anyone off due to economic reasons in their history. The company has decent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, stocks at a reduced rate, and an above average amount of paid time off including holidays. The upper management including the CEO actually listen to their employees opinions and advise. While it doesn't always result in the change you desire they will always take the time to explain to you their reasoning, usually personally.

Cons

I have been with the company for 8 years and the wages do not increase enough with even good reviews to keep up with the increased rates for insurance. When I started it was no cost for the basic insurance now it has risen so high that I was forced to drop the company insurance. While my department has a fair work/life balance I know of many others that do not. These employees work well beyond standard full-time hours on a regular basis. As many office type jobs there is too much politics involved in raises and promotions. If a boss decides they don't like you you will quickly know it based on those two factors.

Do not pressure managers to complete reviews based upon a scale. I have been forced to lower or raise scores of my employees so my manager can meet the averages (10% in the top etc.).

Stable Company - Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Stable company financially. Good benefits. Competitive pay

Cons

Emphasis on bottom line as with any company. No respect for standard 40 hour work week.Pay is average for industry.

Look for new ways to attract top talent, regardless of salary.jack Henry should be a destination for employees and sometimes feel we get 2nd tier because of the pay given to employees at larger financial companies in town.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Release Management in Elizabethtown, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Release Management in Elizabethtown, KY (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Good environment, good pay and benefits. Great place to help make a change

Cons

Management can be slow. Other than that i don't really have any cons

Energy draining experience yet somewhat rewarding.

Current Employee - Item Processor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Item Processor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The best thing about working there is that they are family-oriented. I had been having issues with my son's sleep patterns which caused me to be late often but management was willing to work with me!

Cons

Management needs to improve their communication skills. Also, the tools that are needed to be able to perform your work tasks are not available!

Upon hiring your staff members, you should always make sure they have the told they need to perform their jobs effectively.

Decent company with growth issues

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Lenexa, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Lenexa, KS (US)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Good feeling of community, good benefits, challenging work, good opportunities for training

Cons

Lots of extra-hours work expected, salaries are not competitive, very few opportunities for career advancement

Meet with the employees at the lower levels (not just the managers) and find out what they really need.

A great place to work and grow your career.

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The Benefits here are very nice. They have a great Employee Stock Purchase Plan that you can participate in if you decide to.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that would be unique to JHA.

I really enjoy the Management team that I report to and the upper management seems to really invest in training their new managers which I think is a huge benefit.

Poor mgt and low pay

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

easy job but not very rewarding.
    many jobs can work at home

Cons

horrible untrained and inexperienced managers
    extremely low pay and slow advancement

move your headquarters to a real city and higher well trained management

TSR

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (more than an year)

Pros

Study job. Easy to learn and not demanding.

Cons

low compensation and little opportunity for advancement.

Invasive - management tries to manage the way employees spend what little free time they have.

Former Employee - Customer Support in Monett, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Monett, MO (US)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates (more than 8 years)

Pros

Support departments stay busy, there is very little slack time - especially during the weeks after Christmas, preparing for end of year processing. Benefits used to be amazing but have become just average. Paid Time Off calculation is NICE, as employees are entitled to use time off as it accrues, and it continuously accrues.

Cons

The company supports relay for life and the high fitness lifestyle. Employees who are unwilling to spend a lot of their free time participating in 'events' can expect a stall in their upward mobility. Prospects looking to work here should be prepared to work mandatory 12 hour days every New Years Eve and New Years Day, and throughout End of year, if you accept a position in Core Support if you are in Core support. The company has good performance metrics tools available to them, but Supervisors still view them as an annoyance, and still "make up numbers", play favorites, etc.. Men in IT roles tend to outnumber women 8 or ten to 1.

MYOB about how employees spend their free time, and how they manage their own fitness goals.
    Yes, healthy people live longer, and some have fewer health problems.
    No, paying someone a salary and benefits does not mean that you are entitled to tell Americans how to live and exercise, (or not). Pay better salary increases to base pay.

Jack Henry & Associates Photos