Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals(in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care(in 24 reviews)

• Constant turnover with employees, which in turn causes loyal employees to work long hours and expected overtime(in 9 reviews)

Program consultant

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsHelping people reach there goals, changing lives. Program is excellent when followed

ConsNever get acknowledged for what we do. Always how can we bring more money into the company, let's harass clients from annoying phone calls, asking them why they aren't losing, really do you think we can really make grown adult do the program?, and force them to purchase food.yes we can fuel motivation, ask open ended questions ect, but come on! I have had clients leave program because of management bullying center directors to make harassing phone calls. Rediculous. We aren't doctors and we certainly don't get paid dr salary. I have had 20 cent raises each year. Does anyone else live in SF Bay Area . Rent is $$ almost lost my house three times,

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up! Look around, who is bringing in money to jenny? Who is actually keeping centers alive with revenue generated. NOT AMD'S or there over paid assistants.....CONSULTANTS. Give credit and pay where it really belongs! Happy Consultants = happy and successful centers?

Clearly a Company in trouble!!!

Center Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat interaction with clientele, rewarding to change lives!!!

ConsUpper Management is terrible to work with, they never let you leave the office with text and voice mails...the micro management is over baring to say the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees...they are the base of the business

Retail commission sales job disguised in an office environment

Program Director (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsBuilding relationships with clients.
    Some fellow employees are great to work with
    Program itself is fantastic
    Pay not so bad

ConsHaving to work 2 split shifts per week, 2 late nights. Upper management does not care about your home life, not family friendly.Insane amount of pressure to sell. Constantly treated as if employees were children. No HR department, any issues go to management and upper management who have had no training in employee relations. Management holds grudges if you disagree with them, will either be terminated or demoted. Constant turnover with employees, which in turn causes loyal employees to work long hours and expected overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, please hire new upper management. Hire a new market analyst, and figure the business out that way rather than setting quotas and then having to "lower" them so uppers can get paid . Upper management should not be in charge of human resources and of every aspect of the business when they have no formal training at all. A 30% increase is unrealistic every year. Please start treating employees with respect and remember their name when you speak to them, the best way to get employees buy-in is to show how it's done, not sit and micromanage. Clients deserve to be seen as people, not dollar amounts. Also, communicating via fax machine is passé and very time consuming.
    Employees are loyal to the clients, not to the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Consultant

Program Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsHelping Clients reach their goals, and seeing them succeed

ConsThe hours are horrible, splits and inconsistent pay because of hours. They are behind the times of their competitors. They are really losing out on the market with their lack of new marketing ideas and technology . Cost of food for many clients that cannot afford it after a period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTelemarketing old clients that haven't been in the centre for years...let's try something more updated and fresh. Have some compassion for clients. Not just viewing them as a dollar sign. AMD and MD...not really sure what they do? Except tell the Centre directors that they have to hit quota!!!? Really lacks the vision that I thought it would be.

Downhill spiral

IT Department (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA (US)

ProsEasy job. Peers are good people.

ConsManagement. They don't know what they are doing, there is zero communication between departments. Topped with some departments being so understaffed nothing gets done right. IT managers are nice/fake, but they are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew CEO, hope change is for the better, not worse.
    Take a look at your managers, just because they have been there "forever" does not always make them right for the job.

Horrible upper management

ProsI was lucky to have a phenomenal center director and supportive team!! I can't say that for the other centers I have worked at. I have flexible hours and able to take off if I need to. Also, I meet a lot of great people and have enjoyed most of the people I have met.

ConsMarket directors are horrible.... We are required to work on most holidays and the pay is horrible. Directors can favor consultants and help them make more money than others. Higher ups assume we can make grown adults want to lose weight. Also, they are terrible at hiring new people when needed and leave whole centers with only 2-3 employees. This makes it impossible for anyone to take vacation or call in sick.

The market directors don't care if your on vacation and will call 15 times to bother you. They should know better but don't care

Advice to Senior Management-give more off time during holidays
    -don't badger managers when they are on vacation by market directors
    -learn to have better incentives
    -don't leave whole centers with only 3 employees!!
    -stop blaming us for not motivating grown adults who chose not to come in for weight loss.

Loved helping people

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsThe clients....helping them lose weight.. The potential to make money is there.

ConsThe base pay is very low. Micro managing from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more ...let people do the job they are hired to do.

Going Down Hill Fast

ProsIt is a great place to help people attain their weight loss goals. You get to have a positive impact in their lives and meet and sometimes be friends with amazing people. In my many years with jenny I have worked with super coworkers with a few bad apples thrown in. For many years I worked hard and made very good money.

ConsIn the last year or so the executives have tried changes at jenny from clients not able to call centres directly (having to go thru call center) to now trying several new pilot compensation plans for field employees. Unless a person is working there less than a year -- everyone is going to take a HUGE hit on their income. Of course they present it as a good thing for the team in centres -- bonus's are higher but from past experience not going to happen even half the year. Without a probable bonus we will be relying on the base salary. Almost all employees in centres will take an $8,000 to $25,000 cut in yearly income.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay all employees a wage that we can live on. I see more and more people leaving. And then they wonder why there is a huge ever growing turnover. It is disheartening and sad.

Saw the company decline in the 5 years I worked for them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA (US)

ProsVery few. It was easy to get hired. I don't think I can come up with enough words to make the 20 word minimum.

ConsWhen I first began we had a passionate manager who was very team oriented. She had worked for Jenny Craig for 13years. Sadly the new person in charge didn't agree with her type of management and she was dismissed. From that day forward it went down hill. I have never worked for a company with a bigger turn over than Jenny Craig. The pay for other positions in our office was horrible and I never felt less valued. I had worked for a telecommunications company for 30 years so I was not new to customer service or employee relations. The entire management team were all yes men/women. And if you weren't you were quickly let go. Much of the work was done over the phones and I believe if the FCC was aware of what went on there they would have investigated. As long as you were bringing in $, if didn't matter how. Customer complaint were many and customer information was not protected as it should have been. I was shocked at least once a week at something I would see going on. I lasted 5 years but just couldn't continue. I resigned and have never regretted it for a minute. Very sketchy business practices. Employees are treated very poorly. I worked in the corporate headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team wouldn't listen so I'll save my breath.

Politicking at its finest

IT Manager (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA (US)

ProsNestle Store (before they were sold). Ability to telecommute from home. Not more to add after the first two....

ConsMinimal support for continuous education. Senior managers threatened by some people who pursue other career opportunities that may end up skipping over their authority. Insensitive to family issues. Management HIGH on Power Trip. Creating an atmosphere of division in all teams. Lacks eagerness to allow individuals to improve themselves. Having no direction or clear strategy on what the company plans to do. People pretending to know their jobs when they clearly have no idea with what they are doing. Salary raises is an issue as managers will constantly give just enough of a rating on your performance reviews to give you little to no salary raise each year.

WATCH YOUR BACK!

Advice to Senior ManagementJust like most people suggesting things here on LinkedIn regarding JC: Have people with real world experience run the company. Stop patting yourselves in the back when clearly the company has not done much since getting acquired by Nestle. Listen to your employees. And do not threaten your people in case they feel like speaking against the norm.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!