Jenny Craig

Updated 18 November 2014
Updated 18 November 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 44 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Very low pay for the job we did (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

I loved my direct boss

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people is great and it was always challenging. The skills learned in the weight loss industry are transferable almost anywhere.

Cons

The pay was truly insulting. Way below the industry standard and I was a top performer who constantly met quota and fiscal goals. The more the company struggled the more we had to cut employee hours and increase our own for coverage purposes. In my last 6 months I was working 6 days a week and open to close for most of them. I like hard work but if you divided my salary by hours worked I'm pretty sure it came out to minimum wage. We even had to work on the 4th of July and other holidays. It was exhausting.

Practice employee engagement and don't just preach it.

Opportunity for Advancement

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. I began at the bottom as a service coordinator which essentially just stocked the dried goods, put in inventory and made calls to clients to remind them of their appointments and what not. They offered me an opportunity to do training to become a consultant within just a few months working but I was in school. Flexible hours, pay was competitive enough.

Cons

Budgets can be tight around holidays and downturns in the economy - first thing to go in peoples budget is their weight loss plan.

Keep rewarding the hard workers.

I like working for the company. They have great values and I'm always learning something valuable.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moral of the company, I like what I do.

Cons

The scheduling could use some work

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor

Pros

flexible work schedule, company store sells discounted Jenny food, diversity

Cons

the tools and technology are not as up to date as they could be. Need to use your own computer

update systems

It was all about food and program sales.

Former Employee - Program Director in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved interacting with clients; seeing results (not frequently) and most of my co-workers were very hard workers. The pay was good at times but never consistent. The employee discount was generous!

Cons

My compensation was based on sales so it was all about money and not so much about helping clients. The base pay is low because it's technically retail, so the company does not attract good quality employees. Training is good but it's not enough to produce quality service. Benefits could be better but this was four years ago, they may be better.

Compensation should not be based on sales; it creates a greedy environment and clients know it so they lose trust in the program. Management should create a safe atmosphere for employees to go to them with concern, questions or suggestions without retaliation from involved parties. Bonuses should be based on clients' successes.

Modern Day Sweatshop

Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Would love to agree with the rest about changing people's lives but we all know we are better trained to sell vs helping them lose weight

Cons

Where to begin....
    *New compensation change is impossible to support yourself
    *Cd's are expected to roam the streets to "market"
    *money is wasted on marketing material instead of proven success of commercials
    *Leadership is a joke. Grown women with a mean girl attitude
    They truly do not care about you as a person, you are only a number. They will "Jenny" you to believe you are so much more to them until they just don't need you any more. We all complained about Nestlé not knowing that the grass was definitely not greener on the other side.

Put Jenny back in charge. She was successful because she cared about her business, her name, and her employees. She would be mortified if she knew that after blowing so much smoke for 3 days in Arizona what was really happening in the field and how all center staff is really being treated.

Underpaid

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very satisfying to help people lose weight.

Cons

The base pay is very low and the commissions are sporadic. Benefits are a joke and not beneficial at all.

Value your employees better and show it in tangible ways.

A Love/Hate Relationship

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent support from peers, 50 percent off food, building relationships with members, training and developing a team passionate about weight loss.

Cons

Severely micromanaged. Stupid emails throughout the day from MD and AMD to make sure Center Directors are in center. I never saw my MD or AMD because they never bothered to come help or offer development. Emails sent all day to fill out this tracker or that tracker, most information that was being asked for made no sense and insulted my intelligence & was a total waste of my time. Center directors are discouraged from seeing clients but have to cut employee hours so much that working by myself is a must, so how am I not supposed to see clients?

We are now required to use our own car to run around cold calling local businesses. I have received about 3 hours training to do this & have seen NO results. I'm not an outside saleswoman. I would like to be but need training. My boss has said she will partner with me but never shows up for any events. When I try & discuss my concerns, my MD & AMD talk so much for so long about nothing that my ear literally turns bright purple from being on the phone so long & hang up with a migraine & nothing settled.

Many of the women in charge are just like working for mean junior high girls.

If you want us to pound the pavement local marketing, pay us more. Instead you cut our bonuses & commission. I haven't seen a TV commercial in 6 months. We need more national advertising along with a substantial amount of local marketing training. I'm sure I'm just talking into the wind, the company doesn't care enough to listen to those of us in the front lines. I'm quitting soon but hope those reading this who want to work here have an idea of what the future doesn't hold.

Franchise Jenny Craig

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice working center - colorful, clean, friendly people in our center. Easy training Dieticians are helpful when you call them. Enjoy helping others lose weight.

Cons

Owners are not taking care of their center. We are sitting ducks as the lease has not been paid in over three months. Landlord is harassing us and owners are leaving us in center to deal with it. Lights are out. And other code violations. No pay raises. No Benefits. No mileage reimbursement when they tell you to go out and market to keep center open. Looks like we're being pushed out of our jobs. Owners call and lie to us and to the Landlord Landlord calls to tell us the lies. If you place a call for help- Corporate doesn't listen. crappy place to be.

Get it together! Stop putting it on your center employees to market. And if you do expect that.. there should be support with mileage.

High expectations, weight loss baby sitter , more about the money than the client

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping those who take it lose weight and keep it off forever , fast paced environment and good pay

Cons

Everything is about numbers not the client you are pressured by other co workers , other centers, management and higher management if you can't control people. Being accountable to your clients meaning harass them if they do not come in and call them for 5 weeks leaving detailed mesgs every day . I feel like if you improve in one area , management finds another area to crap on you and you never get told good job for fixing the previous problem .

Tell someone someday that they are actually doing a good job not constantly criticize them about what they are doing wrong .

Jenny Craig Photos