Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 23 October 2014
Updated 23 October 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 42 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

High expectations, weight loss baby sitter , more about the money than the client

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping those who take it lose weight and keep it off forever , fast paced environment and good pay

Cons

Everything is about numbers not the client you are pressured by other co workers , other centers, management and higher management if you can't control people. Being accountable to your clients meaning harass them if they do not come in and call them for 5 weeks leaving detailed mesgs every day . I feel like if you improve in one area , management finds another area to crap on you and you never get told good job for fixing the previous problem .

Tell someone someday that they are actually doing a good job not constantly criticize them about what they are doing wrong .

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Fulfilling yet frustrating

Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

It's fulfilling to help people get healthy but frustrating because of the disconnect of corporate leadership and the reality of what clients really need.

Cons

High fod prices that make it hard for clients to stay on plan. A corporate leadership team who don't seem to know how to turn the company around.

Listen to your field personnel and put into place some of the ideas they share. They are your frontline people who deal with clients and know their needs.

Ups and downs

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals

Cons

Constant change and confusion with offers and education

Let the field employees make the decisions on change.

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

My job WAS my life and love - JC to be 4-5 stars!!

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being open and serving with all your heart and creative mental capacity, working at Jenny Craig afforded an opportunity to make a positive difference every day. I loved my job!
    In fact, I was so honored and privileged to listen, motivate and teach, that I didn't mind performing support tasks, like stocking food and making confirmation calls.
    The company WAS transparent, plus the values, training and support were exemplary.

Cons

The new owners/management nationalized the pay scale Oct 1, 2014, and, for top producers and client retainers such as me, it meant a significant pay cut (40+% for me). They gave no accounting for production, retention, weight loss, etc. To remain in my position, it meant certain poverty. I was devastated after 5 1/2 years of devoted service, and surely miss the challenges, client successes, and rewards every day. My force out (sign accepting poverty or leave) was Sept 30, 2014.
    I did work every holiday and Saturday for 5 1/2 years except Christmas and Thanksgiving. This did negatively affect work-life balance.

Pay your people that learn and work hard a livable wage. Remember that is a company developed by a fabulous woman with great vision to serve and change lives. De-motivated employees have an inherent difficulty motivating others.... especially when they are hungry and cannot afford the food you sell.
     In September, 2014, I took home (after $400 in benefits) $2300+/- for the month, and, under the current pay structure, it would be $1200.00 a month. I could pay my rent, utilities, and car payment, but not fuel for my car or myself (food), much less established personal bills, like CC and student loans.

I loved helping my clients but very poor management.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Palmdale, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Palmdale, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very rewarding to help people lose weight

Cons

Under very poor management and center had a low morale.

Management needs to reconsider payscale

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part was helping clients with their weight loss and seeing results each week.

Cons

the money and expectations were not in sync. Very low pay for the job we did. Very hard to retain clients due to food price.

Please pay your employees more and maybe reduce the cost of the food.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Is everyone here for the right reasons?

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the clients is the best part of the job. Lots of satisfaction there. You're helping people everyday to reach their health goals.

Cons

Very few managers are good at managing and training. A lot of employees including management are Prima donnas especially the ones who have been with the company for 5+ years. Compensation is terrible. New compensation package doesn't show any appreciation for consultants. Upper management rarely keeps anyone informed about changes. The center directors and consultants get the whiplash effect of whatever upper management does. Many people are leaving and/or looking for new jobs because of how ridiculous the expectations are between keeping clients active and motivated , and keeping the center deposit high. If you wanna make money now you have to work ridiculous hours and that's IF your center can afford to have u working full time hours.

Consider your consultants! They are the ones keeping your clients in the centers. Not upper management and rarely center directors.

Jenny Craig Photos