Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 29 September 2014
Updated 29 September 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 38 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 26 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director  in  Newton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Great program but little regard for employees

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We change lives
    Our members
    Working with great people

Cons

Hours being cut
    Little care about employees
    Below average salary

Give the centers more tools to achieve their goals. For instance a marketing budget.

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Working in my centre is wonderful, but working under the corporate management is a nightmare.

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love getting to know the clients, and celebrating their successes with them. My coworkers are also some of the most amazing people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. My job is pretty much to facilitate everyone else's jobs, which I like because it means I get to help people help people! What can be better than that?

Cons

Every time I hear something from corporate, or from an operations manager, or from any other manager, it always gives me a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Emails from higher-ups are insulting, either because they are actually flat-out insulting everyone in the centre, or because they are assuming that everyone in the centre is braindead. All of the actually important information in any corporate communication gets drowned out by pages and pages of noninformation, to the point where my coworkers actually started asking me to write single-page breakdowns that we started calling "cheat sheets". I also had to keep an updated list of all of the new and ongoing promotions, along with their associated product and discount codes, because we were only ever given the codes for each promotion as they came up; there was no single reference for all of the current codes. Our centre's director has been largely absent ever since she took on the title; I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I have seen her in the centre. While this means that our centre is often completely out of such trivialities as sellable products, printer ink, and toilet paper, her presence only creates a more stressful work environment. She is constantly telling me that my job is unnecessary, and if I ask her for any information, her answer is that it's "none of my concern". She's worse on the phone, though: one time I had to call her to ask her what to do about a $300 discrepancy in inventory, and she yelled at me over the phone, asking me how I dared to call her on what I hadn't known was her day off; I was literally in tears by the time she hung up on me. Our previous centre directors weren't much better, causing my coworkers to wonder why Jenny Craig seems to only promote the power-hungry. The pay structure has recently changed for the worse, too: when I was hired more than a year ago, I was told that I would start at $10/hour, and would have a pay evaluation once a year. My one-year anniversary came right after the pay structure changed in a way that eliminated pay evaluations, as well as pay raises for Customer Service Coordinators. (Well, it *might* have. When I asked my centre director if I was getting a pay raise after working there for a year, she said she didn't know if CSC's got pay raises anymore, so she wasn't going to give me one.) Quota bonuses have also gone down significantly: the only way to get a quota bonus equal to the previous one is to exceed quota by more than 125%; every other bonus is up to almost 30% less than it used to be. (Yes, I did the math.) When the centre director decided to cut my hours back to 1/3 of what they were, I was given less than 12 hours notice of the change before it went into effect; when she laid me off the very next week, I was given less than a week's notice. When I asked if I could stay employed if I trained as a consultant, since one of our consultants is retiring at the end of the month, the centre director said that she was trying to preserve the other consultants' jobs, first, so she was going to ask a consultant from another centre to replace the one retiring at ours. I guess she couldn't help telling me I was worthless to her, just one last time.

APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES. Seriously, I could have happily worked through anything you threw at me, if you just gave me one tiny reason to think that the effort was appreciated. My coworkers were great about supporting each other, but not once was there ever a hint of anything similar from those higher up. In fact, it was whenever we heard from management that we often needed to support each other the most. So yeah, appreciate your employees, at least enough to trust them when they tell you that the centre is almost out of toilet paper.

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

great

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good money and nice people.

Cons

too many lazy ppl in the department.

Micromanaged, horrible scheduling practices, expendable sales staff

Current Employee - Program Director  in  Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Help people try to lose weight.
    Pay for mileage for my position

Cons

Not enough pay for the work expectations.
    Not much room for advancement.
    Non-managerial staff was treated as if they had no life outside of JC.

Don't complain right along with the staff.

Jenny Craig Photos

Jenny Craig Corporate Office
Jenny Craig Center
Jenny Craig NY

+ Add Photo

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!