Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 14 October 2014
Updated 14 October 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 41 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

High expectations, weight loss baby sitter , more about the money than the client

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping those who take it lose weight and keep it off forever , fast paced environment and good pay

Cons

Everything is about numbers not the client you are pressured by other co workers , other centers, management and higher management if you can't control people. Being accountable to your clients meaning harass them if they do not come in and call them for 5 weeks leaving detailed mesgs every day . I feel like if you improve in one area , management finds another area to crap on you and you never get told good job for fixing the previous problem .

Tell someone someday that they are actually doing a good job not constantly criticize them about what they are doing wrong .

Fulfilling yet frustrating

Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

It's fulfilling to help people get healthy but frustrating because of the disconnect of corporate leadership and the reality of what clients really need.

Cons

High fod prices that make it hard for clients to stay on plan. A corporate leadership team who don't seem to know how to turn the company around.

Listen to your field personnel and put into place some of the ideas they share. They are your frontline people who deal with clients and know their needs.

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Ups and downs

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals

Cons

Constant change and confusion with offers and education

Let the field employees make the decisions on change.

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Nice job.... if only the pay was better

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love helping people on their weight loss journey. Very rewarding in that respect. Great co-workers. Hours can be flexible

Cons

new pay structure puts a cap on earning potential. It is not a livable salary. Company does not value their hard working employees.

Seems like you guys are trying to bail from a sinking ship. Unfortunately you're throwing you're employees overboard so you can stay a float. Doesn't work that way. Wake up

Work Culture

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of girls work there.

Cons

A lot of internal politics and drama. When woman are give a position of leadership and power that place is not healthy place to work.

Need to show better appreciation to employees.

Is everyone here for the right reasons?

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the clients is the best part of the job. Lots of satisfaction there. You're helping people everyday to reach their health goals.

Cons

Very few managers are good at managing and training. A lot of employees including management are Prima donnas especially the ones who have been with the company for 5+ years. Compensation is terrible. New compensation package doesn't show any appreciation for consultants. Upper management rarely keeps anyone informed about changes. The center directors and consultants get the whiplash effect of whatever upper management does. Many people are leaving and/or looking for new jobs because of how ridiculous the expectations are between keeping clients active and motivated , and keeping the center deposit high. If you wanna make money now you have to work ridiculous hours and that's IF your center can afford to have u working full time hours.

Consider your consultants! They are the ones keeping your clients in the centers. Not upper management and rarely center directors.

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Jenny Craig Photos