Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 19 September 2014
Updated 19 September 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

I work with the best co-workers imaginable. Rewarding helping people lose weight and make positive lifestyle changes!

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

One on one interactions with clients, while seeing their progress and success makes it very worthwhile for me to come to work everyday. I have developed wonderful relationships with many of my clients that I truly care about. I feel that I, in conjunction with the Jenny Craig program, have made a significant impact on the lives of many of my clients . The people I work with have become my friends....we enjoy working together, and spending time together outside of work. The Jenny Craig plan does work!

Cons

I have been cautiously optimistic in awaiting the new compensation package for consultants. I am intelligent enough to understand that the new management was not going to just increase our wages to what we are entitled to, and what would then be a livable salary. However.....I am stunned at my new salary. Over the last several years, I have made less money each year, due to the downward spiral of Jenny Craig. With my new salary, my base is $15,000 less than what I made a few years ago. Based on our new quota bonus plan, it seems extremely unlikely, actually impossible, that I could even make what I made last year, let alone what I made the previous years. So, those of us who actually did pretty well with the commission structure, like myself, will be significantly hurt financially with this new plan. The company should be prepared to lose many wonderful, long-term, dedicated employees.

Re-think this compensation plan. Will the quota bonuses really be attainable In my center, we need to hit 120%,or thereabouts, of quota every month for most of us to make what we used to make. Expect a mass exodus of great employees if changes are not made quickly. The salaries for consultants are just not livable.

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

Very fun people to work with except some of the stuck up ones.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always something to do. You are pretty much guaranteed 40 hours a week. Fun driving forklifts.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. You are stuck in one spot. If you are not a favorite you will feel it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director  in  Newton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

rewarding

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You get to meet new people and help them change their lives. The hours are great.

Cons

Most are doing the job of 2-3 people. The company is consistently changing for the better but sometimes it's too much change at once.

change the way of leads coming in...
    There should be a way for Directors to communicate with one another to feed off ideas and keep the motivation going.
    Have Consultants team up with another team member from another state. They can at then bring ideas to one other keep each other motivated.
    There is a lot that can be done that hasn't been done that is really simple.

Truth be told!

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the opportunity to help change peoples lives. Teaches skill set in sales and valued service. Take the opportunity to absorb techniques to use in every day life and for advancement.

Cons

Changes!...hmmm..what company has not been evaluating their best financial and strategic moves to support the constant changes in their business. Is there really a company that has started paying their employees more in the midst of rebuilding their empire? No! All Employees need to have faith and pride in what they do and why they do it! The expectations of some individuals are unrealistic as it is. Reap what you sew..you get what you give.. what happened to hard work? My cons are not with the company..we all have choices where we want to be. .my cons are in the negative. ..especially when we preach progress not perfection. ...remember?

If anything maybe being a little more transparent. Allowing employees at all levels to have a voice. Letting them in a little more.Its like being a parent. .. when our child gets in trouble we will defend them automatically ..all the way to the end. However, if we find out they were withholding information we don't feel so good about that. Just something to think about.
    And only complaint I have. .health care..crazy expensive and huge deductibles. The way it was handled this year was not the best at all. Can we maybe have options of who we would like to go through?

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

great

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good money and nice people.

Cons

too many lazy ppl in the department.

Micromanaged, horrible scheduling practices, expendable sales staff

Current Employee - Program Director  in  Arlington, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Help people try to lose weight.
    Pay for mileage for my position

Cons

Not enough pay for the work expectations.
    Not much room for advancement.
    Non-managerial staff was treated as if they had no life outside of JC.

Don't complain right along with the staff.

Some growth opportunites, but mostly a painful experience.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience. Most of the staff at Jenny are interesting and commited people.

Cons

Management style is abusive and a one way street. They are not concerned about the staff in the company. Many demands and very little giving.

Learn to treat people with respect.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!