Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 44 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Very low pay for the job we did (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

I felt pressured to promote poor body imagining.

Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed talking with the sales consultants and helping clients with changing their lifestyle to a heathier alternative.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals and the comparison to other locations was extremely stressful.

I felt management should have been focus not just on sales but on retaining clients and improving customer service.

If they don't make some major changes, the company won't be around much longer.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Build lasting relationships with clients and motivate them to improve their health.

Cons

Compensation is very low. Commission based on food sold but with all the new meal plan businesses offering higher quality / organic food, many clients choose to supplement JC meals with others and that takes a huge bite out of your paycheck. Good luck convincing your clients that processed, frozen foods with ingredients like high fructose corn syrup are a better choice!
    Management treats employees very poorly. There is very little flexibility and benefits are slim to none. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.

Re-invent food offerings to match the needs and trends of today's health-conscious

Jenny Craig

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

clients are amazing best part of the job, seeing them achieve goals

Cons

dont pay enough, too much phone work, was not hired to be a telemarketer

Good place to start your business career, but don't expect much mobility

Current Employee - Center Director in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place has a very friendly atmosphere and the clients are fantastic. It is amazing to watch clients go through a life-changing transformation.

Cons

Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care. They are focused more on hitting quotas and retaining clients than actually creating a healthy work environment. Salary is not great at all, and if you hate being put on the spot in front of everyone in a training/sales scenario, this is not the place for you. Calling you out in meetings is the crux of how they train sales with employees. I personally feel that humiliation is often the result and do not pursue this practice as a manager.

Pay and benefits are rather sad in this company. If you increased pay and benefits, you would ultimately experience a lower turn-over rate. You would also have more driven employees. Also, training for sales and calls should be an individual training event between a manager and subordinate. Stop with the round-robins and group displays. It's not a productive practice and often alienates those that struggle instead of giving personal training and counseling in their weaker areas.

Great for Clients, Bad for Employees

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals and change their unhealthy dieting habits. Clients rely heavily on the advice shared by consultants, which makes us feel golden.

Cons

The pay is pretty low. There are no perks, no recognition and no room for growth,

You should treat your consultants better, with better pay & recognition, especially since you claim they are the secret ingredient to the program!

Thank You - Finally!

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping clients lose weight, co-workers and work location.

Cons

Lots of changes without the test of time, management doesn't listen to employees, HR practices that make no sense and bossy people. But I'm going to give the new management a chance to make things better.

Thank you for shedding the mean blonde duo at the top; they will not be missed and did not have the company's best interest in mind or any sense of professionalism, personal accountability or ethics. Talk about one covering for the other and then calling it legal - what a joke. We're in much better shape now. Nestle was fooled by them but thank goodness you weren't.

Emotionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The program works! Becoming a cohesive weight loss program.

Cons

Upper Management has no concept of employee engagement. There is not enough focus on celebrating the consultants (the core of the business). Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

An OK company

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

30hrs is full time, discount on food

Cons

Scheduling can be tough with split shifts being very common. Management is often terrible within this company. Hard to advance

Worthy and challenging.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Rewarding service and support to help clients and staff experience personal success.

Cons

Numerable change of corporate ownership since Jenny and Sid Craig started program. Some values changed or lost.

Stop losing great employees...create realistic salary ranges that reflect performance and skills.

These are the last days of this company.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Meeting awesome people that have now become friends. Helping clients reach their goals. Working with great co-workers. Half off food.

Cons

This company is a joke. I don't see it lasting through the end of 2015. The salary is absolutely ridiculous and quite embarrassing. There are no incentives. Being a consultant for this company is like working in a modern day sweat shop. They hire almost anyone to be a manager and most have no clue what it's actually like to be in the role of a consultant. Most consultants don't last very long and their clients leave with them. If you have responsibilities and really need money, this is not the job for you. Trust me when I say you don't make money on this job. It feels like a waste of time whenever I'm in the center working. Don't let a center manager or market director fool you in your interview about the "great commission". That doesn't exist. You know a company is horrible when you struggle to compose a 20 word minimum on the pros of the company.

The consultants make or break your business. The high turnover is a result of the poor salary. When a consultant leaves a center clients leave also. Many people don't even know that this company exists. I'm not sure what type of marketing team this company has, but it's terrible. Treat your employees better and you will see a difference in your numbers. I'm being pennies per hour, what makes you really think I'm going to come into the office and do RTA calls for hours? That's not happening. Give your employees incentives to work and they won't leave. Hire center directors that actually have been through the consultant position.

Jenny Craig Photos