Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 30 August 2014
Updated 30 August 2014

2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Making good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

Cons

I have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Pay employees a fair wage for what they do

Loved the job….center director was horrible!

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  South Portland, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Portland, ME (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time for more than a year

Pros

caring for people and their goals, great co-workers

Cons

not enough pay for what is required, sales goals are annoying and rude to customers being forced to cold call and sell, management was like a drill sergeant with an arrogant attitude and very rude to all employees, too much work for so little pay

Things are moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We are apart of the compensation pilot and I'm making more money than ever before. The company is finally paying us to actually help people, what a concept!

Cons

Offers seem to change weekly and it's hard to keep updated on all the new information.

My Center Director is great and we have a new Market Director that seems to care about us and is fun. In the past, we've had crappy management and much turnover in upper management. I'm hoping this one will stick around, she is helping us make money and help clients.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life Changing Experience

Current Employee - Center Director  in  North Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in North Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Rewarding, change peoples lives, flexible, different everyday, fun, meeting new people, developing strong relationships and learning great motivation skills

Cons

Not consistent because, of the way the compensation is at the time.The weight loss/food purchases fluctuates so much with clients during holidays, vacations and summer time.

Fun meeting so many clients, but little compensation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Roseville, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time

Pros

Met lots of wonderful people as clients and co-workers. Fun challenge to help every person be successful.

Cons

Restructuring commission put pay at very little.

Does not care about employees, understaffed, erratic hours

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Rewarding position helping clients meet goals; discounts on food; program and stated values based on positive concepts that go beyond weight loss

Cons

Understaffed and high employee turn over; told I had to cancel previously approved vacation time or would lose my job; stores began operating inconsistent hours, making it difficult to maintain customers; benefits were terrible; HR was unhelpful with many employee complaints

Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Jenny Craig

Employees highly undervalued, poor management and poor compensation

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Satisfaction of helping your clients lose weight and learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle - not just diet. You really do change lives. Very rewarding.

Cons

"Management" is a complete joke. Totally unprofessional, unqualified micro-managers with no skills or knowledge of proper management. They completely undervalue the hard work that their program directors and consultants put in - AND all for measly pay.

Advice is to mandate any center director, assistant center director, program director or supervisors to management classes and learn how to manage people. This includes both Jenny Craig at Home corporate and center employees. Their current methods often demotivate their teams and discourage a positive work environment. This will never prove successful for a sales driven workplace.

Employees grossly underpaid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees were wonderful people who really wanted to help their clients.

Cons

Too many rapid fire changes. There were constant changes of direction. It was very confusing!

does not care about employees

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

meeting new people that need help

Cons

pay and respect for their employees

hire better management

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!