Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 23 October 2014
Updated 23 October 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 42 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Emotionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The program works! Becoming a cohesive weight loss program.

Cons

Upper Management has no concept of employee engagement. There is not enough focus on celebrating the consultants (the core of the business). Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

An OK company

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

30hrs is full time, discount on food

Cons

Scheduling can be tough with split shifts being very common. Management is often terrible within this company. Hard to advance

These are the last days of this company.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Meeting awesome people that have now become friends. Helping clients reach their goals. Working with great co-workers. Half off food.

Cons

This company is a joke. I don't see it lasting through the end of 2015. The salary is absolutely ridiculous and quite embarrassing. There are no incentives. Being a consultant for this company is like working in a modern day sweat shop. They hire almost anyone to be a manager and most have no clue what it's actually like to be in the role of a consultant. Most consultants don't last very long and their clients leave with them. If you have responsibilities and really need money, this is not the job for you. Trust me when I say you don't make money on this job. It feels like a waste of time whenever I'm in the center working. Don't let a center manager or market director fool you in your interview about the "great commission". That doesn't exist. You know a company is horrible when you struggle to compose a 20 word minimum on the pros of the company.

The consultants make or break your business. The high turnover is a result of the poor salary. When a consultant leaves a center clients leave also. Many people don't even know that this company exists. I'm not sure what type of marketing team this company has, but it's terrible. Treat your employees better and you will see a difference in your numbers. I'm being pennies per hour, what makes you really think I'm going to come into the office and do RTA calls for hours? That's not happening. Give your employees incentives to work and they won't leave. Hire center directors that actually have been through the consultant position.

Worthy and challenging.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Rewarding service and support to help clients and staff experience personal success.

Cons

Numerable change of corporate ownership since Jenny and Sid Craig started program. Some values changed or lost.

Stop losing great employees...create realistic salary ranges that reflect performance and skills.

Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

NONE- this is the worst place I ever worked

Cons

Mean Girls Club- women who know nothing about business running it into the ground

Fire anyone who has worked there for more than 10 years in upper management

Program Director/Consultant

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working with the clients. It was an incredible experiece and honor to be so intimately involved in someone's life long struggles and challenges. You really can make a huge difference in someone's life just by caring enough to listen and acknowedge their story.

Cons

Jenny Craig as a company is one of the most poorly run and mismanaged company I have ever worked for so far. They do not respect their employee's at all, the pay is only minimum wage or slightly above but I will say that their medical/dental benefits were pretty good. No dought, because Jenny Craig is owned by Nestle' Corporation.

If management would treat their employees' with some respect and pay them what they are worth, they would probably attract more loyal employees that would be willing to give 110%.....what a concept!

Not promising

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

generally have worked with great people, the company itself is fantastic, and really does help people lose weight and change their lives.

Cons

Changes in senior leadership, & ownership have led to a very conflicted and intensely ambiguous work environment. Continual restructuring, and downsizing have increased the work-load for many, causing increased stress and decreased motivation.

Used to be a great place work

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

The clients are amazing, and you really do help change lives. Have learned a lot about listening to what people really need/ want.

Cons

Things change all the time. We are expected to do more without be compensated for the extra work. They do not value their front line. The commission scale and base pay has not been adjusted in years. Can not afford to live on own or without a second job working here. IT seems like the company does not know where it's going anymore.

Listen to your consultants, we are the front line when it comes to dealing with clients. Change can be good, but so much change without compensation is not so good. Do something to show you care about who works here.

Confidence underminer

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig employees tend to be "people" persons, that is, they like and care about others, are warm and easy to get to know, and generally have a pretty good sense of humor. I met so many wonderful coworkers over my eight years with this company. Working toward goals and sales quotas both as individuals and as a team was stressful at times, but quite fun at others. Hearing client stories and motivations, and helping people make changes in their lives was rewarding.

Cons

Upper management was completely disconnected from the front line. Trainings developed by home office were insulting and written as if they believed consultants were intellectually inferior. When delivering corporate written training to my staff, they generally became angered and saddened by the obviousness of how little upper management thought of them and their intelligence. Mid level managers focused on role play, role play, role play for how to handle working with clients, but most times were completely inept and off-putting in their interaction with real life customers. The sad thing is, most employees at this company truly believe in the weight loss program, but have no respect for the company or the way it has been run. There is no room for creativity or critical thought. You go along with what the completely out of touch management team spouts, or you are targeted for removal. It is little wonder to me that this company continues to perform so poorly. They are completely out of touch with what customers and employees want. Hence the Mariah Carey debacle of a few years back.

Get over your insecurity and actually listen to the people doing the job from which you have completely insulated yourselves. You would never use the dialog you expect staff to use if you were truly interacting with a customer. Spend more money on market research and make smarter decisions. Stop trying to be everything to everyone, pick a target demographic and market to that.

An ok job.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like helping people with their health goals. I like the 2-3 week training at the beginning. I like the teamwork. It's quite fulfilling and satisfying. i like that they can cover my shift quite easily if I need to take time off.

If i didn't like working with most of the people in my team, i wouldn't stay.

Cons

You are paid pretty much the minimum wage to consult to clients - and consulting can sometimes be emotionally demanding. You also have to consult, take the menu order and pack food for clients in less than 20 min each. When you have clients booked, one after each other, all day long, it can be exhausting, stressful and tiring. The commissions are so little, they are not worth the stress and minimum pay.

You will need a second job, a financially supportive partner or to live back with your parents if you want to make this your career - otherwise you can't support yourself on this salary!

Since the arrival of the new CEO/owners means that most Weight Loss consultants' hours have been cut in the name of productivity. They will surely, maybe sooner, find out that we will not be able to deliver the high level of service in the less time to service clients, creating stress and dissatisfaction for the both the consultant and the clients.

Pay the consultants more and you'll get more loyalty, focus and commitment back.

Jenny Craig Photos