Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 21 August 2014
Updated 21 August 2014

2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun meeting so many clients, but little compensation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Roseville, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time

Pros

Met lots of wonderful people as clients and co-workers. Fun challenge to help every person be successful.

Cons

Restructuring commission put pay at very little.

Does not care about employees, understaffed, erratic hours

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Rewarding position helping clients meet goals; discounts on food; program and stated values based on positive concepts that go beyond weight loss

Cons

Understaffed and high employee turn over; told I had to cancel previously approved vacation time or would lose my job; stores began operating inconsistent hours, making it difficult to maintain customers; benefits were terrible; HR was unhelpful with many employee complaints

Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Jenny Craig

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employees highly undervalued, poor management and poor compensation

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Satisfaction of helping your clients lose weight and learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle - not just diet. You really do change lives. Very rewarding.

Cons

"Management" is a complete joke. Totally unprofessional, unqualified micro-managers with no skills or knowledge of proper management. They completely undervalue the hard work that their program directors and consultants put in - AND all for measly pay.

Advice is to mandate any center director, assistant center director, program director or supervisors to management classes and learn how to manage people. This includes both Jenny Craig at Home corporate and center employees. Their current methods often demotivate their teams and discourage a positive work environment. This will never prove successful for a sales driven workplace.

does not care about employees

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

meeting new people that need help

Cons

pay and respect for their employees

hire better management

Employees grossly underpaid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees were wonderful people who really wanted to help their clients.

Cons

Too many rapid fire changes. There were constant changes of direction. It was very confusing!

Used to Love It

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Love making a difference in peoples lives

Cons

Favoritism amongst upper management. Doesn't matter what you know, it's who you know

The relationships I developed with my clients were so wonderful, and honestly I loved the food!

Former Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great hours, good pay, easy work.

Cons

The commission based pay made it hard to actually help the clients. The company wanted you to just sell them the food and kick them out. It was competitive and caddy with co-workers and the glass ceiling didn't help either.

None. There is nothing the management could do differently. The 15 minute consultations and commission based pay leaves little room for actual client weight loss consultations.

Enjoy the people aspect but are bitter about unfair expectations of company.

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Fun people to work with

Cons

Salary is horrible. Management expects way too much for what employees get paid.

Quit micro-managing

Program consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Helping people reach there goals, changing lives. Program is excellent when followed

Cons

Never get acknowledged for what we do. Always how can we bring more money into the company, let's harass clients from annoying phone calls, asking them why they aren't losing, really do you think we can really make grown adult do the program?, and force them to purchase food.yes we can fuel motivation, ask open ended questions ect, but come on! I have had clients leave program because of management bullying center directors to make harassing phone calls. Rediculous. We aren't doctors and we certainly don't get paid dr salary. I have had 20 cent raises each year. Does anyone else live in SF Bay Area . Rent is $$ almost lost my house three times,

Wake up! Look around, who is bringing in money to jenny? Who is actually keeping centers alive with revenue generated. NOT AMD'S or there over paid assistants.....CONSULTANTS. Give credit and pay where it really belongs! Happy Consultants = happy and successful centers?

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!