JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros:
  • "Stand-by flight benefits (especially Zedfare standby benefits on other airlines after 6 months)"
    in 41 reviews
  • "The staff is awesome and the flight benefits are great"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

False Perception of a company making believe they care

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with some great fellow inflight crews.

ConsWork rules are horrible and are only followed when convenient for management. Crew scheduling and the whole reserve life is the worst in the industry. They fire people at a drop of a dime. Duty days go up to 18 hours at a time with little or no rest, not safe for anybody and then they are surprised when we get sick from being run down. Layovers are beyond short. No job security at all

Advice to Senior ManagementYou would think we would be treated better and be sincerely valued. I have been told that Flight Attendants are a dime a dozen. Treat your flight attendants well, and the good karma will trickle down to the customers. No wonder so many are talking about a union. It is hard to keep caring so much for our customers when we are not treated right. So many of us really take pride in our career, help us help you.

Strive for growth

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA excellent culture with strong values that are executed on, obviously you can fly for free, health care is available and communication from the top down is very visible.

ConsThe health care programs is horrendous, on the operating side of the company most managers are reactive though that is changing and your sick and vacation bank is one and the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe evaluate best labor practices for compensation

Fun place to work

Airport Operations Crew Member (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice people, good benefits and culture

ConsLow pay, no room for advancement

It was great while it lasted

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people are amazing. Smart, hard working people who care about making a difference. Bring Back Humanity is still a worthwhile goal.

ConsLeadership has lost sight of the goal - people before numbers is no longer the case. Hiring people who do not have this mindset will be your downfall.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the leader when there is a 100% turnover. Odds are it is not the fault of the people leaving.

Wonderful Company!!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat to employees and customers, Growth within the company never doing the same thing for years and years

ConsNothing bad to say about this company so far

Advice to Senior ManagementBeat Delta and Southwest Airlines

They fly by luck

In Flight (Current Employee)

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than 3 years

ProsJob
Free flights
No overbooking
Allow you to be part time if you want it.

ConsGive pilots 10 hours rest but work Flight attendants to unsafe levels of exhaustion. 18 plus hours. Inflight crews should all be on the same duty times.
Benefits are expensive
Cheap uniforms
VERY unorganized during weather or maintenance delays (IROP'S)
Very poor middle management.
Very poor pay yet expected to live in BOSTON OR NY etc.
Long wait times trying to reach crew scheduling.
NO UNIONS
Filthy aircrafts, Tv's that are often broken.
CEO never attends base meetings or I haven't seen him at one in 2 years.
Offer speak up surveys but never change anything for positive.
Building a hotel in MCO instead of fixing our airline.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and learn from your front line people. Stop making stupid decisions. Learn from the big guys. How does the FAA let you get away with some of the things you do?

Memorable

Ramp Agent (Former Employee)
Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue part-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlight Benefits
Flexibility
401k
Profit Sharing
Good Team Work Ethics at JFK

ConsWouldn't let me start my A&P career without experience

Advice to Senior Managementgive the new generation of airplane mechanics a chance

Be careful with what you wish for.

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat co-workers, lots of technology. It was a great place to work when I started. A lot of Fun, Integrity, Passion and amazing people to work with. It was the last airline that I wanted to work for.

ConsA lot of back staving. You have to CYA most of the time because the arrows come from EVERY direction. Everything is about the money and not about the caring for the employees. There is a lot of favoritism. There is no support for the station management team. A lot of false promises. If they like you they keep you. If you work hard and they don't like you or like some else more than you, then you are lured into being dismissed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack up your people that work hard to keep the airline running. People feel betrayed by false expectations of things that have been promised but not executed. The very top sends mixed messages to the middle and the bottom. There is no consistency and overall no trust. Why is it that your recruiting team doesn't tell people during orientation that "this is the last airline you will work for" anymore like when I started. ELT looks like a derailed train wreck when it comes to decision making, specially during IROPS. Wow! What a disappointment.

JetBlue is a great employer

Customer Support (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking for JetBlue out of Salt Lake City provides high schedule flexibility and the opportunity to work from home.

ConsThere is not a lot of communication between departments outside of each location. It is easy to find the jobs available through jetblue.com but very difficult to make any internal progress on discussing the job position with any HR or management team outside of your own location. It makes it difficult to grow within the company if you are interested in moving outside of the area you are currently working at. Also, there is a one-year RE-application rule that does not allow you to apply for the same job twice within one year--also making it difficult to grow where you want to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evalutate the one-year reapplication rule so that you and employers can be better utilized in more fitting positions.

Was Great, not so much any more

Pilot (Current Employee)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people that were hired when all the other airlines were not hiring. Everyone that helps generate revenue/touched airplanes are generally great people and we all work together well.

ConsThe leadership at jetBlue has all but vanished. The company core values have taken a tremendous hit since Dave Barger became CEO. Most pilots have gotten very frustrated with the many broken promises from the ELT. The company is making major mistakes when dealing with declining morale and pilots leaving for other major airlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth, and tell the whole truth. Change the way you receive bonuses so that no bonuses are paid with an increase in total revenue AND an increase in the internal NPS which will force managers to become leaders.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JetBlue reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for JetBlue CEO Dave Barger. All 251 reviews are posted anonymously by JetBlue employees.