JetBlue Reviews

352 reviews filtered by
3.7
JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 48 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

1. My crew bus washer and mecanic

Current Employee - Crew in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Crew in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

company trasdev ucf It is very good company but I do other things

Cons

My like work and I learn with you

Crewmember

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

For me practically everything is awesome!

Cons

The Shifts... even though they have a great system to organize the shifts, I wish we could just pick our desired shift beginning on your hire date

Bilingual Customer Agent

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent In BSO in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent In BSO in New York, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

Working with JetBlue was like working with family, and good friends. Started back at the hub JFK in Nov. 2003 till Oct 2008 in Charlotte.here in CLT. Awesome company to work for. The original owner David Neilman, and Dave Barger were great leaders. Both David and Dave really cared about the employees.

Cons

Well the only con in my opinion was when there were flight delays, or cancellations,everyone had to stay, even if the crew for that shift had showed up.

Advice to Management

Keep the "JetBlue Family Attitude:" That's what made B6 so different from all the other major Airlines.

5. I love looking at your boat it's beyond what I expected it to be I'm so happy that I chose to work for this companies

Current Employee - In Flight in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)
    Current Employee - In Flight in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome company, The employees a great I'm just happy to be a part of a good team.

Cons

You work a lot,but you also make a lot of money doing it so it's not so bad

Advice to Management

Great place to work

6. Great company, but supervisors/team leaders suck

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

best company I've ever worked for, great pay, good co workers, friendly environment, meet new people everyday, very diverse

Cons

team leader do not care about their employees, they only look for you when you are getting in trouble, NO UNION, no protection from corporate if anything is blamed on you

Advice to Management

change the policy on year of inflight experience to become team leader. Anybody rookie can do 6 months of flying to then tell a 13 year veteran how to do his/her job.

7. Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best benefits right away.

Cons

work schedule can be tricky in small stations

Advice to Management

Offer flexibility with scheduling for people that really want to stay and make a difference in the company.

Senior Analyst Corporate Communications

Former Employee - Senior Analyst Corporate Communications in Long Island City, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Brand and Product among low cost carriers. Great flight benefits if you can unplug during after-hours and actually make a stand-by flight.

Cons

Crewmembers are expected to put forth 150%. Much like a start-up company; your job role will change at management’s discretion and you may be expected to do responsibilities of three different roles. The corporate office at JetBlue lacks all if any work life balance.

A once young and hip “JetBlue Culture” has been lost through its growing pains. There is poor and misleading communication across leadership.

Advice to Management

“Bring Humanity back to Air travel”…“Inspire Humanity”…”BlueManity”?

Inspire Humanity for Crewmembers! Management should try to be genuine and true to their practices. The core values (Safety, Caring, iItegrity, Passion and Fun.) should be practiced not preached. The HR department a.k.a. “People Department” should truly help and support their Crewmembers more.

9. Getaways Sales Agent

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sales incentives; flight benefits; free work trips to destinations to become familiar with products being sold. Coworkers; supervisors;

Cons

No sick leave; difficulty taking personal time off; pay is not equal to peers in industry. No ability to promote unless willing to work full time from the center.

10. Great part-time job!

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at JetBlue part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The general manager is hands down the best boss I've ever had. Very close knit group of crew members who frequently hang out together outside of work. Flexible hours and fun work when everything is operating smoothly.

Cons

Weather, delays, and cancellations can all add substantial frustration and longer hours to your workday. Currently no option to go full-time in Portland.

Advice to Management

Great place to work overall, but different supervisors have different rules and ways of doing things, which is a bit frustrating at times. Would be nice, operationally speaking, if everyone was on the same page.

Absolutely no room for growth. Perfect place to work if you're only here for the benefits and do not want a challenge

Current Employee - Finance in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Flight Benefits are great, and the work life balance is ideal depending on what department you're in. There really aren't any other pros to working here.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth especially in the Finance department. People who are at manager level and above have for the most part been with the company for 10+ years and there's no sign of them ever leaving the company. The pace is so slow, and often times get bored with work. Management is hesitant to embrace change. People that work here are "comfortable" thus if you want to be challenged, work with smart people, this is not the place for you. The pay is also below average. The health benefits aren't great either.