JetBlue

Updated 27 January 2015
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 48 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Discriminates Against Disabled Employees

Former Employee - Ticketing
    Former Employee - Ticketing

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At the beginning it was a new company with lots of potential, a big budget and staff freshly picked. The employees were happy and the company rewarded them well with gifts and recognition.

Cons

A few years later the company started to loose money, cut back on employee gifts/recognition eventually started eliminating jobs. Before the founder got booted out there was a lot of speculation as to which direction the company was going and why the leaders were MIA all the time. The work load at the time was busy and there weren't enough employees to cover the ticket counters or gates but we managed. On a very terrible day I was injured on the job, because of short staffing, and all the happy moments I had working for this company went down the drain. Soon enough the company's insurance refused to pay for treatment, I was sent home, was denied job modification and the management was told to make my life miserable in hopes that I would just quit. But I didn't. I took those bastards to court never giving up on the job I once thought I loved. I won my case. It still saddens me that they would treat loyal employees in such an inhumane manner but that is exactly what they did.

If you don't want to get sued then you need to change your business approach on how you treat employees that get hurt on the job.

Rigid chilly environment

Former Employee - IT Systems Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - IT Systems Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Organized lots of structure and process

Cons

Bad location, do not do a good job of making new employees feel welcome

Allow workers to be more creative

great company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flight befits are great, people i work with are great

Cons

wroking long days with delays and screaming customers

Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great travel benefits (better when also compared to other airlines), most of the people here are extremely caring individuals

Cons

More focus on retention of talent

Director

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits, matching 401k, flight benefits, people you work with

Cons

New leadership is changing, unions are starting to invade the company, worried about losing CEO founder

Don't lose sight of your most important assets, the people. Consultants are not always the answer, they have a place in businesses but should not assume they are smarter than the people running the business.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture! Value based company.

Cons

Shfts are based on seniority. But you can trade shifts to add flexibility

Interesting...

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

travel benefits were really great

Cons

always being on reserve got tiring

Ground operations

Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Travel benefits are amazing. Schedule extremely flexible.

Cons

Treatment of employees once they get hurt on the job is horrendous. Used they flexibility againt me. and left me with a permanent injury to my back and terminated my employment. Only abides by the own rules when convinient and also poor management in key bluecities hides most problems that the company has at stations at the expense of the employees.

Stick to your values. These are meant for costumers and employees alike. Care for your employees especially when they are dealing with injuries and hardship. Also audit your own stations and a unexpected time. You will see what really goes on that's not written on the reports send to corporate

Stay away from this company!!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Jamaica, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Jamaica, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flight benefits, flexibility (if u bargain and pay the right people), lifetime friends, stock options, hotel and other travel deals.

Cons

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE leadership!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the supervisors at JFK are former Regular crewmembers who are on a power trip making their own rules and treating other crewmembers like crap because they can! They perform absolutely no coaching and are the laziest people on the face of this earth! Leadership puts you so down that you literally feel like you are a useless turd on the middle of the road! They give you absolutely NO sympathy or any type of help during family emergency's that are even proven with notes from hospitals ect. After the 6 year mark, you are On high watch so that they can get rid of you and hire a part time employee for much less than what they were paying you! The people that run this airline are children! What kind of airline delays flights for 6 hours and then canceled live at 3am only for the customer service agents to get the angry wrath of people while the supervisors relax in their offices Unbelievable! Discusting company, they will not make it far!!! A warning to all that want to apply, DONT PUNISH YOURSELF! WALK AWAY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR SANITY AND SELF ESTEEM!!! A supermarket bagger is better than working for this place!

Practice the values that you teach everybody during your occult style orientation! Bring back the Company that used to be, quit being so cheap, learn how to run an airline that isn't based off of marketing and base it off actual Customer service! Also, quit getting rid of good employees that actually made money and worked hard for your airline instead of throwing them out!

Great Culture

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

flight benefits, work at home, weekly pay, culture, brand, people

Cons

low pay, point system, shift bid