Jiffy Lube

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer

Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time (in 6 reviews)

• Learned a lot from my co workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • LOW pay one time raise after 90 days and completion of computer based training (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good learning experience

Keyholder (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsNo experience no problem they teach you all you need to know very knowledgeable employees

ConsHectic schedule management could be a little bit more aware of the needs of the employees and concerns

It's good to get your foot in the door

Technician (Current Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

ProsWork on a variety of cars so you get familiar with different makes and models, exposure to new tools, machines, and diagnosis tools.

ConsCould have a lot of downtime, schedules aren't consistent, on slow days everyone is desperate for work so you may have 5 employees trying to work on one car when it's a single person job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Jiffy Lube need to have better Management

Cashier (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, NJ (US)

ProsIt is a place you can learn about how to maintain your vehicle.

ConsThe challenges are they need to hire better managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management need to hire better managers to run there companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You know they're owned by Pennzoil, right?

CSA (Former Employee)

ProsGood for learning automotive basics.
    Great work if you have a good team.

ConsNo money.
    Hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay everyone more.

Terrible working environment

Upper Bay Tech (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsDescent hours, easy employment,

ConsNo leadership in the management what so ever. Also most employees and the management are doping up on drugs before or during work. The people that work at jiffy lube do not know how to work well with customers nor with each other. I understand how it's a stressful work environment but that gives no excuse as for why employees are harrasing each other and how they treat you as if your worth nothing. Our customers see it very often and do not comeback.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug tests should be done often to keep dealers like my manager and the rest of the employees not employed.

Frustrating

Lube Tech (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsIt's a job that will pay you bi-weekly. The computer based training is excellent. There is plenty to do to stay busy.

ConsHorrible management at pretty much every level. The motto is, "the beatings will continue until sales and morale improve". Very little room for growth. Absolutely abysmal pay for an often overpriced service. HIGH, HIGH, HIGH pressure to drive sales with very little with regard to the ethics associated. Often asked to clock out when slow to maintain labor percentages, but still expected to remain on site for when business does pick up (this can go on for HOURS).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe average employee is rightly convinced that no one in management cares about them other than to have a body there when a car is there. The sales training is ridiculous and there is NO hands on aspect to training at all

Customer Service Advisor

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsGood work hours, 40 hours a week. Low pay but with commission. Regional managers care but not branch managers.

ConsNot good branch Management. Favors some employees. Tolerate laziness. Would be great if leadership is good

Advice to Senior ManagementMake staff happy and they will be more productive

Assistant general manager

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsGood training programs (CBL) , easy promotions and career growth, most people who you would work with would become like family

ConsVery low pay but I guess pretty good for an oil change joint, some very lazy co-workers and high sales goals

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes too laid back on the guys. Too much "non-work" going on

Treating the bare minimum

ProsStore manager is a pretty good guy

ConsCorporate ignores advice from store level or customers

Empty Wallet. Migraine.

CSA (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsYou get a free oil change every three months and discounts on parts through AutoZone or Oriellys.

ConsThe pay is HORRIBLE. They treat their techs like peasants. They want to become a full service shop now of days but not really increase your pay. They'll hire people who are way above expierence, and then they hire people that can't read a dipstick after training still and screw up peoples cars.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear management, take advice from tech's and csa's. All you care about is numbers, but i'm sure if you listened to some of us the CSS score would go up and along with sales. I mean we are the bottom of the todom pole. So we do have ideas that would help improve numbers so our salaries would improve. Also, get out of walmart. Walmart is only making profit on you and causing issues. From listing to guest, they liked it better before Jiffy Lube came in anyways. They aren't fans of your pricing.

I'm sure if you did what valovline does. " if your oil change isn't done in 15 mins its free".
    Maybe that would make your bay times better because people would actually hussle instead of just thinking " its just a oil change place for low pay"

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!