Jones Lang LaSalle

Updated 13 December 2014
3.5

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer
Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Mid level managers not always valued for fear of upper management having to compete internally (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Alright place to work short term

Former Employee - Operating Engineer in Durham, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Operating Engineer in Durham, NC (US)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours and benefits are good. Most of the client involvement is good they have more respect for you then the Management staff. as long as you do your job and don't complain you will be fine.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of the pay scale. They expect more from there staff then they are willing to compensate for. Provide training on site with professional trainers not computer based training that is in place at this time.

Take better care of the workers. Show the workers that their more than a number. You need to raise wages to meet industry standards.

Good company but not a lot of interaction amongst regions/employees

Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

•Decent health insurance and PTO
    •Flexible work/life balance

Cons

•Not a lot of interaction/exposure to other employees in the company. In 5+ years working there, I only met a handful of other employees.
    •Managers seem to get promoted based on years with the company, not based on their work.
    •Not a lot of room for advancement, especially in smaller regions.
    •Pay was lower than average, even within the company itself.

It seems as though a lot of shady/unprofessional behavior is swept under the rug due to certain things being "grandfathered" in.

JLL Challenging but rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, company has very aggressive growth plans. Firm is very serious about ethics and responds exceedingly well to ethical issues.

Cons

Work life balance can be miserable. Health benefits are not the best. Company often penny wise but pound foolish. Technology platforms very dated and fragmented.

With such aggressive growth plans, there has never been a more important time in JLLs history to focus on People.

Overall Good Company, But Felt Kinda like a Red Headed Step Child

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good name, Lots of opportunity, good benefits, great people, environment, global company, many resources, stable

Cons

great work load with little financial benefit, work-life balance, poor recognition, ineffective resources, too much reporting, disorganized, relatively poor upper management

Disconnect between field and corporate work. standard programming does not always work under this management model, compensation is good for the most part but little compensation related to great success is discouraging.

JLL provides a great brand name, and Public Institutions a great learning experience

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started at JLL as a summer intern and transitioned to the Public Institutions (PI) department working as an analyst full time. I have been working in PI for just about a year. After reading some other reviews on here, it seems as though PI has an undeserved bad reputation. Everyone who I worked with was knowledgeable, friendly, and motivated. The quarterly town hall meetings as well as the leaderships' monthly emails were informative and helped create a close culture amongst a department spread out across the country. I cannot emphasize enough how great the culture is within PI. Finally, PI work is unique and provides the analyst with a great opportunity to gain exposure in all the different phases of the real estate life cycle.

Cons

Although it was easy to transition as an intern from the finance department to an analyst in PI, it was extremely difficult to switch into a different department once I was already an in PI. This is the primary reason I am leaving the company.

Continue monthly newsletters and quarterly town halls. Make the application process more transparent when an employee applies to an open position within a different department.

A good company to work for.

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

The benefits are nice & the people are to.

Cons

It's hard to advance in the company.

I had a great experience.

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many real estate offices operate in silos, but this is an amazing office culture with hard-working people who are very friendly and team-oriented. It is a collaborative environment in which they treat everyone well, and I got to know each person individually and have nothing but the best to say about them. I am a huge family-oriented person, and this is a very family-based atmosphere.

Cons

It is a competitive work environment, and it can occasionally be too demanding, although that is true of any job regardless of the company. I do not have too many bad things to say about the people or the environment.

N/A

Growing company, but very political

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great people
    - International working opportunities
    - Great benefits (pay for phone, HSA and overall good medical/dental/etc.)
    - During my time there, which was under two years, I saw two co-workers get promoted

Cons

- If you are not producing revenue for the company, the company does not make as much of an investment in you
    - Additionally if you do not support a revenue-producing team, there are less perks
    - High turnover amongst brokers

- Consider a rotational program for young talent to learn other aspects of commercial real estate
    - Invest more time in working on retention

Good company to work for but your experience will vary depending on your business unit, client, and management.

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Smart people, great opportunities and a global reach. My department allows work-at-home and some flex time. In that sense, work-life is excellent (but hours are long.)

Cons

People management often comes up as a weakness here although I think it's improving. My own manager is good but I think that it's inconsistent. Pay seems to be a bit below market. Benefits are decent.

Great people

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle as a contractor

Pros

Good people to work with, opportunity to grow

Cons

Lack of communication in management

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos