Kangaroo Express

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dennis G. Hatchell

Loveed it

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Charleston, SC (US)

ProsFun fast and love the folks

ConsRobbery that's all that was my far

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it professional

Management is quite lacking.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Charleston, SC (US)

ProsGood part time job
    most people you encounter are friendly
    Not a hard job to do

ConsNeed to have higher up friend in order to move up
    They will constantly view the cameras, not accuse you of stealing but constantly view your days on the camera
    Management is very lax, your expected to do their job and tell them when we need to order things for the store
    Crime rate in some areas is bad, drunks are a serious issue. Be prepared to call the police during 2nd and 3rd shifts. Do not try and fight them or you will lose your job. Theives are common you will be expected to take nossles away from certain people and take product away from thieves.
     Not a good full time job
    not very flexible when you need to ask for important days off regardless if you ask or schedule them months in advance, they will always have some short term notice, a day before, that you cant go because for what ever reason
    Overall, dont work there unless its going to be short term, hours are 20-36 pt and full time is only 34-38.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers. Stop the stealing from fellow managers. More accountability. Division managers need more training in selecting of slots.

Too many double standards, too many family members working together and the boss is related to them.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, NC (US)

ProsThings change daily. Never boring. meeting new customers and new people. co workers are mostly friendly. Time goes by quickly.

ConsStill "boys club" Different rules for different people. nepotism is huge. The DM shows some managers how to use shortcuts that are not policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent with rules and issues. Too many relatives as managers and employees in the stores and the DM is related to all of them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a great place to work.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Greenwood, SC (US)

ProsThey work with your schedule and everything is hands on.

ConsYou get paid holidays and sick days. The only problem I had is keeping good employees.

poor communication to all employees

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

ProsI am full time and management has been fair that i get my hours,

ConsManagement does not communicate well to all employees. Word of mouth from other employees is how things are communicated. We are told to do one thing and in a few day or weeks it has gone by the way side. Two people on a shift and when thing are not done one person get the blame. Managers seems to be quitting right and left and years of service to the company. it is time to Make it a fun place to work and less griping from our bosses and assistant managers are lousy managers and do as little as they can get by with

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication to all employees on a daily basis. find ways to make it fun and every one will get along and the extra task wont be so hum drum Follow policy if the main thing and stop telling us do ith this way on week and then the next do it another.
    Get the company to have a real training program

Poor communication from corporate; Corporate expects to much from managers without compensation

Store Manager (Former Employee) Durham, NC (US)

ProsAs a Store Sales Manager, I had a little bit of lead way when it came to making my own schedule

ConsThe treatment of the managers from the coorperate office is unfair. The Corporate does not listen to the managers and the expectations are too great for the conditions the managers and employees work under. This company has a blind eye to what is actually needed at store level.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are a Store Sales Manager, get out now. If you continue with this company like I did for 10 years you will have medical problems because of the stress the corporate office puts you under. This company is going down hill fast.

Horrible

Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Rome, GA (US)

ProsI moved up in only 3 months. If your a hard worker it doesn't go unnoticed.

ConsWorking by yourself. You have to do everything and ring up customer all at same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave at least 2 employees there at all time. Customer and employee's satisfaction will rise

Great relationship with co workers.

Cashier (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

Prosit's a nice place to work if you need a shot at the last minute. Great relationships with customers.

ConsManagement is very horrible. They police us instead of the customers that actually shoplift.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management with actual experience.

Good promotion availability but inaccurate expectations

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible scheduling that allows for many lifestyles

ConsThe system of required shift duties that do not accurately align itself with the employees available

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring more employees per shift, more so with first and second shift.

ultimate dead-end job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy job, weekly pay, not sure

ConsManagement, work every holiday, no room for advancement or promotion, nothing in store works correctly

Worked for Kangaroo Express? Contribute to the Community!