Kelly Services

Kelly Services Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden

Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed(in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount(in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more(in 17 reviews)

Great company

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsSupportive environment, encouraged to develop and progress. Ongoing training. Good work life balance.

ConsCareer progression limited due to flat structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on doing what you are doing

Supportive leadership team who recognise passion amongst it's employees with exciting opportunities for those that do.

UK Management Role (Current Employee) London, England

ProsI started working for Kelly in 2003 in a role that was created for me based on my talent and experience. I've experienced development, significant promotion, reward & recognition since then. The best asset that Kelly have are it's people. The support people are willing to give no matter how busy they are is amazing. Sadly, I was TUPE'd from Kelly in 2009 but when I was presented with an opportunity to come back I jumped at the chance.

ConsThough it is a global company we are quite a small unit in the UK in comparison which has limited the speed in which others can be promoted within. It does also mean that you have to wear lots of different hats to get the job done. Good experience gained as a result though.

Advice to Senior ManagementDue to low headcount resource many individuals are working long hours to get the job done which makes the company less desirable to stay with.

Kelly has come a long way, we're different now, we're strong, we're not afraid to listen and to change.

Management (Current Employee) Manchester, England

ProsKelly is passionate about delivering excellence and everyone who works for the organisation is clear on this mission. Leadership at Kelly is transparent, accessible, open and encouraging. Talent and contribution is appropriately recognized and individual development taken seriously. A warm and honest employer, working for Kelly is recommended to anyone who wants to learn from the best, work with the best, and be their best.

ConsEvery business needs improvements but I firmly endorse that Kelly is an organisation that listens - to its employees, its clients and the market, in order to change and grow in the right way. Everyone at Kelly can own this continual improvement, it's what makes us different.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitoring of same/similar positions within the industry is key to ensuring the best possible talent is attracted and maintained. Compensation and Benefits should be reviewed regularly to achieve competitive advantage for all employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fabulous grounding

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

Prosreally good team that I worked with, taught a structured apprach to recruitment

Conscan be a bit clicky in the senior management team

very good people I have great experience with them awesome

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Sippy Downs (Australia)

Prosreal good friendly people I write them as Big ten professional good development it was real awesome working wit y'll team

Conslearn how to work with machines

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the business going good people

good experience

Proseverything is good with kelly services I have not had issues

Consnothing I have not experienced nothing negative

Great Opportunity

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsWorking from home, great training, and many chances to advance.

ConsEquipment failures, slow replacement of equipment, pay errors, and more consistency

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter equipment

Great company, great employees

Senior Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood open communication, good team environment. Good training provided.

ConsSome days can be long if orders come in late.

Good to be with Kelly.

Senior VNOC Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Prosgood HR team and clear communication with employee. On time payment.

ConsAppraisal and performance review doesn't make any sence.

Interview was very professional, yet cordial

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, CA (US)

ProsKelly Services is a solid company and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

ConsI have worked for Kelly Services since the 1970s, and have not found any negatives about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, you are doing a great job.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!