Kelly Services

Updated 21 August 2014

3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

Supportive environment, encouraged to develop and progress. Ongoing training. Good work life balance.

Cons

Career progression limited due to flat structure.

Carry on doing what you are doing

It was fab until I had children

Pros

The people were great to work with, I met a great deal of different people and cultures, and I was able to travel and progress my career through the time I was there

Cons

Politics, lack of structure or vision - there was never a clear roadmap for IT services and management were often changing their mind as to the company goals, there was also a high turnover at management level, a clear favor for single workers without families

Get some clarity and unity on what the goals are for the company and communicate them better.

Supportive leadership team who recognise passion amongst it's employees with exciting opportunities for those that do.

Current Employee - UK Management Role  in  London, England
    Current Employee - UK Management Role in London, England

Pros

I started working for Kelly in 2003 in a role that was created for me based on my talent and experience. I've experienced development, significant promotion, reward & recognition since then. The best asset that Kelly have are it's people. The support people are willing to give no matter how busy they are is amazing. Sadly, I was TUPE'd from Kelly in 2009 but when I was presented with an opportunity to come back I jumped at the chance.

Cons

Though it is a global company we are quite a small unit in the UK in comparison which has limited the speed in which others can be promoted within. It does also mean that you have to wear lots of different hats to get the job done. Good experience gained as a result though.

Due to low headcount resource many individuals are working long hours to get the job done which makes the company less desirable to stay with.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kelly has come a long way, we're different now, we're strong, we're not afraid to listen and to change.

Current Employee - Management  in  Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Management in Manchester, England

Pros

Kelly is passionate about delivering excellence and everyone who works for the organisation is clear on this mission. Leadership at Kelly is transparent, accessible, open and encouraging. Talent and contribution is appropriately recognized and individual development taken seriously. A warm and honest employer, working for Kelly is recommended to anyone who wants to learn from the best, work with the best, and be their best.

Cons

Every business needs improvements but I firmly endorse that Kelly is an organisation that listens - to its employees, its clients and the market, in order to change and grow in the right way. Everyone at Kelly can own this continual improvement, it's what makes us different.

Monitoring of same/similar positions within the industry is key to ensuring the best possible talent is attracted and maintained. Compensation and Benefits should be reviewed regularly to achieve competitive advantage for all employees.

fabulous grounding

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

Pros

really good team that I worked with, taught a structured apprach to recruitment

Cons

can be a bit clicky in the senior management team

Very good employer

Current Employee - Test Evaluator  in  Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Test Evaluator in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

Pros

The variety of the work.

Cons

Work is not year round.

Medical reciptionist this is what i like to do and have skills in

Former Employee - Reciptionist  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Reciptionist in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Pros

I would bring flavor and im a hard worker loyal honest and luv to learn new things

Cons

Sometime they dont have a job for you and it be like week on end before they will find you something to do.a job in your field.

I like to work pt work if it not a problem I need to be work early on Thursday that my meeting night.

Great place to apply for work in Logan Utah

Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant  in  Logan, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant in Logan, UT (US)

Pros

Kelly Services provided me with a job within the community in my chosen profession until I can acquire permanent employment. In the meantime I am getting the exposure I need to potential permanent employers

Cons

No opportunity to get raises or affordable health benefits

Keep current employees updated with any current or future openings

As a temp working at various locations, I was able to determine the ideal graduate program to pursue.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Pros

It provided the opportunity to work at various business locations in different positions. This helped me to determine the job position that best suit my skills and trainings.
    Some locations prove my ability to learn tasks very quickly and to implement immediately those tasks without errors.

Cons

Working at various business locations at short intervals propelled me to learns quickly various leadership styles of my supervisors, office cultures, and company values.

Ask workers to rate each location they work and provide feedback on work environment.

Kelly OCG

Pros

Fun atmosphere and opportunity to grow within current role.

Cons

Low pay and not many opportunities for upward advancement

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!